• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would It Have Made Any Difference If Henry Had Not Left After 2006/2007

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The only question is, in this timeline does Senderos partner Kolo Toure? Who do we play at CB?

We sign Woodgate from Madrid, would have been a better partner for Toure than Gallas too (style wise) plus would have been nice to add a quality English player to the team too.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
We sign Woodgate from Madrid, would have been a better partner for Toure than Gallas too (style wise) plus would have been nice to add a quality English player to the team too.

That sick note? Woodgate would have broken both of his legs just walking into London Colney.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
WholeDeterminedBlackwidowspider-small.gif

No.

Riou

Just winning at OT would have been enough to win the PL that season. Really should have done as well, since Adebayor missed a hatful of chances in that game.

I remember that game being the first match I really noticed Pique, thought he looked completely crap...would never had believed you if you told me that day, that Pique would go on to win 3 Champions Leagues and a World Cup as a starter, plus marry Shakira :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Forget Henry for a minute and chew on this. If we never sell Cashley to Chelsea, does Birmingham ever happen? No Clichy and No Gallas. Chelsea's defence would have been severely weakened to boot. The only question is, in this timeline does Senderos partner Kolo Toure? Who do we play at CB?
Johan Djourou started that season before Gallas joined, but imagine if this signing had come off at the time...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/537249/Vincent-Kompany-reasons-for-Arsenal-snub

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I remember that game being the first match I really noticed Pique, thought he looked completely crap...would never had believed you if you told me that day, that Pique would go on to win 3 Champions Leagues and a World Cup as a starter, plus marry Shakira :lol:
I remember that game for Hleb's performance:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Do you regard 2007/2008 as a disappointing season you want to forget, or one you are proud of as a fan?
Probably more proud than disappointed. I don't remember going into that season expecting to challenge for the league and looking that good in the CL. Before the start of the season I was actually worried because Eduardo was signed instead of the big name attackers linked like Eto'o, Malouda and Ribery. Not to mention, I didn't envisage Sagna making such a difference to the team.

The run of draws in the league against Birmingham, Villa and Middlesbrough along with CL exit was painful, but that was a young team. It's a shame they couldn't build on that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

It was always easier for Pique in Barcelona,while they played tiki taka and had so much more possesion than opponents. Valdes was there for so long and he was average goalkeeper :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Do you regard 2007/2008 as a disappointing season you want to forget, or one you are proud of as a fan?
I fully bought into the Emirates project so at the time I was actually fine with it. I kept thinking we would push on, it was from VP sale to Man U I just turned bitter and gave up.

Not that I was a massive VP fan but the way it all panned out from the sale to the guard of honour I was broken.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Not against this.

591ca24e243c7f0d82000001.jpg

It’s a team that won the double and almost the treble if it’s not because Portsmouth David James and Sol Campbell performed like freak made so many saves.

Amazing team, no doubt, but to me it depends on whether Henry would've had his head settled again.

Henry >> any United striker to ever exist.
King of the Prem, can debate for any other strker comparison thereafter.

Think with a goalie like Van der Sar at that time, our team would've actually been pretty much better. Dont kill me, personal oppinion - we just played way better football at that time, but missed a bit of killer instinct, that Henry and the likes had.

Riou

Probably more proud than disappointed. I don't remember going into that season expecting to challenge for the league and looking that good in the CL. Before the start of the season I was actually worried because Eduardo was signed instead of the big name attackers linked like Eto'o, Malouda and Ribery. Not to mention, I didn't envisage Sagna making such a difference to the team.

The run of draws in the league against Birmingham, Villa and Middlesbrough along with CL exit was painful, but that was a young team. It's a shame they couldn't build on that.

Some of the very best football the club has ever played, just didn't have the defensive nous we once had...but as you say, can't really fault that team, all things considered.

The back to back draws against Liverpool and United showed how we could compete with the big teams, but the away win in Milan was my fav game that season.

I remember feeling very positive at the end of 2014/2015 season too, of course that also didn't work out :lol:

I fully bought into the Emirates project so at the time I was actually fine with it. I kept thinking we would push on, it was from VP sale to Man U I just turned bitter and gave up.

Not that I was a massive VP fan but the way it all panned out from the sale to the guard of honour I was broken.

GettyImages-167716420.jpg

...my boy Gibbs ready to risk it all!

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Amazing team, no doubt, but to me it depends on whether Henry would've had his head settled again.

Henry >> any United striker to ever exist.
King of the Prem, can debate for any other strker comparison thereafter.

Think with a goalie like Van der Sar at that time, our team would've actually been pretty much better. Dont kill me, personal oppinion - we just played way better football at that time, but missed a bit of killer instinct, that Henry and the likes had.

That Henry, Eto’o and Messi with Xavi and Iniesta behind them were defeated by that United in 2007/2008. I think you were talking about pre 30 Henry not post 30 Henry.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That Henry, Eto’o and Messi with Xavi and Iniesta behind them were defeated by that United in 2007/2008. I think you were talking about pre 30 Henry not post 30 Henry.

Mmh, maybe I got off time with that team and mixed things up a bit, but I though pretty much the team you showed, maybe minus Tevez at that game, on the CL final against the best ever Barca, Ferguson himself said he though it was his best ever side whilst at the same time has never seen a game where he was outclassed as much, in every aspect of the game.

Complete domination. Like a training game.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
always thought he was planning to exit the summer before but a combination of his misses in the final, Barce pissing him off & a huge contract offer that night swayed his mind

we went in with huge questions about his future (like every ****ing final) & by the next morning all over the papers he was staying... was great to see as a kid

the Barce move would have probabaly been a bit hard after calling out their main players for going missing & acting like women :lol:

Riou

Arsène: "Thierry I know you have eared the right to leave, but can you give me more more season...I need you to lead us into the Emirates for the first year, and help our young players develop...can you do this one last thing for me?"

Thierry: "No problem, boss...you can count on me!"

Henry then spends 50% of the next season "injured", and the other 50% calling most of our young players **** :rofl:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsène: "Thierry I know you have eared the right to leave, but can you give me more more season...I need you to lead us into the Emirates for the first year, and help our young players develop...can you do this one last thing for me?"

Thierry: "No problem, boss...you can count on me!"

Henry then spends 50% of the next season "injured", and the other 50% calling most of our young players **** :rofl:
Wenger always had a knack for selling at the right time when his hands weren't tied by contract blunders.

I think Henry left at the right time would have been too hard had he left just before Emirates. I was personally ready for him to go at this point.

Riou

always thought he was planning to exit the summer before but a combination of his misses in the final, Barce pissing him off & a huge contract offer that night swayed his mind

we went in with huge questions about his future (like every ****ing final) & by the next morning all over the papers he was staying... was great to see as a kid

the Barce move would have probabaly been a bit hard after calling out their main players for going missing & acting like women :lol:

Amazing that Arsène came so close to achieving something even more impressive that the unbeaten season, so soon after it.

If he had either won the Champions League in 2006, or won the Premier League in 2008...considering our teams in both those seasons (especially 07/08) and who we were up against...what a man!

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Mmh, maybe I got off time with that team and mixed things up a bit, but I though pretty much the team you showed, maybe minus Tevez at that game, on the CL final against the best ever Barca, Ferguson himself said he though it was his best ever side whilst at the same time has never seen a game where he was outclassed as much, in every aspect of the game.

Complete domination. Like a training game.

Yes you mixed things up a bit.

The one Sir Alex himself said best ever side was in 2010/2011 not when Henry was in the team.

The one we lost in final against Henry was 2008/2009 when we lost Fletcher in semi final against you due to unfair red card and also Scholes being not fully fit which forced us to play Anderson in midfield against Xavi & Iniesta.

The 2007/2008 is completely different team, there were Hargreaves, Tevez & Scholes in it and we beat Barcelona in semi final.

thumbnail

Top Bottom