• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

would it hurt

sabret00the

Established Member
to give quincy 5 games on the right wing, an hour each? his passing has improved alot and he does look for people, i've read posts about us being static, he could fix that? we know he's got pace and we knows he won't improve further in the reserves? surely he can't be worse than Pires or Ljungberg and if he is, we'll have one of them on the bench?

i know Wenger will think about age balance and Quincy's tackling, but the first team could be the thing to get him tackling?

Army of Me

Established Member
next year...

quincy on the right.

smith on the left.

explosive comes to mind.

seriously though, it's about time quincy gets some decent first team starts, maybe all you lucky ****ers who actually attend games could hold up banners that say "UNLEASH THE QUINCY" or something.

burnsjed

Established Member
If we were otherwise going to play Pires an Ljunberg I would rather see Pires 'rested' but not sure I would like to see a midfield of Reyes, Cecs, Gilberto and Quincy.

Wheelori

certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a go, especially in a season where we're threatening to do **** all.

burnsjed

Established Member
Actually, I think it can get a lot worse, we are still in the ECL and 2nd spot in the league.

daniel

I think it would be a good idea to try quincy on the right wing...Belive he would adopt easyly!
And we have nothing to lose, might turn out to be a good move!

sabret00the

Established Member
daniel said:
I think it would be a good idea to try quincy on the right wing...Belive he would adopt easyly!
And we have nothing to lose, might turn out to be a good move!
well he's been playing right wing in the reserves before he was withdrawn.

and he likes to run with the ball and that's something we've not had from a right winger for a while, infact i'd even go as far as to say that pires looking so good on the right is because teams set themselves out for us to play like that on the left and thus he got the extra space and time. i think a huge change like this would kick the seniors up their arse and also provide the team with a breathe of fresh air.

Arsenal_Soldier

seriously though, it's about time quincy gets some decent first team starts, maybe all you lucky ****ers who actually attend games could hold up banners that say "UNLEASH THE QUINCY" or something.

:lol: awesome idea

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
burnsjed said:
Actually, I think it can get a lot worse, we are still in the ECL and 2nd spot in the league.

Yeah you are right this is not the time to start experimenting. FFS Bolton :evil: Imaging not playing the Champions league on Emirates next year. No now is time for the old ones to get their S*** together and play like the got some B****. If the season continue like this for Pires/Bergkamp/SOL/Gilberto especially they will leave (Pires and Bergkamp especially) with memorys of how they failed not what they did good. Like they have done for us for so long. Our three young musketeers in Cesc, Reyes and RVP must kepp a hig level stable for the rest of the season or else we are F*****.

Sorry for my language, it is so stupid really I get more upset over everything concerning Arsenals then I do over politics, my economy, my relationsships, world hunger etc . Is there any Anonymous Arsenalsupporters?

sabret00the

Established Member
YeahBee said:
burnsjed said:

Yeah you are right this is not the time to start experimenting. FFS Bolton :evil: Imaging not playing the Champions league on Emirates next year. No now is time for the old ones to get their S*** together and play like the got some B****. If the season continue like this for Pires/Bergkamp/SOL/Gilberto especially they will leave (Pires and Bergkamp especially) with memorys of how they failed not what they did good. Like they have done for us for so long. Our three young musketeers in Cesc, Reyes and RVP must kepp a hig level stable for the rest of the season or else we are F*****.

Sorry for my language, it is so stupid really I get more upset over everything concerning Arsenals then I do over politics, my economy, my relationsships, world hunger etc . Is there any Anonymous Arsenalsupporters?
i don't get that attitude though, if Quincy comes in and betters the contributions of whoever he replaces what's the problem? they've been consistantly ****e, they'd be dropped in any other squad, keeping them theri just because they're aged is wrong.

kel varnsen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
to give quincy 5 games on the right wing, an hour each? his passing has improved alot and he does look for people, i've read posts about us being static, he could fix that? we know he's got pace and we knows he won't improve further in the reserves? surely he can't be worse than Pires or Ljungberg and if he is, we'll have one of them on the bench?

i know Wenger will think about age balance and Quincy's tackling, but the first team could be the thing to get him tackling?

it wouldn't hurt at all. quincy makes things happen. he is very good on the ball, links up well with others and his vision and understanding of the game is actually pretty darn good. he isn't the best defender, but neither is pires. or ljungberg for that matter these days...

yoinkster

i think to give the lad 5 games on the bounce is a bad idea because what happens after his 5 games, does wenger just say "sorry mate, just wanted to piss you around, i dont consider you a regular. keep your chin up though"
no, if someone did that to me id be distraught

sabret00the

Established Member
yoinkster said:
i think to give the lad 5 games on the bounce is a bad idea because what happens after his 5 games, does wenger just say "sorry mate, just wanted to piss you around, i dont consider you a regular. keep your chin up though"
no, if someone did that to me id be distraught
well the thing is, after 5 games, if he's better then he earned it, othewise, he'll have to take the slow route he took previously.

burnsjed

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
burnsjed said:

what planet are you on? we're in fifth... :roll:

To be honest I was reffering to where we could finish as opposed to where we are currently, as I would have said 2nd in the league, but I guess I could have made that a tad clearer.
Oh and it is Earth, and coming from you thats a bit rich isn't it!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
burnsjed said:
If we were otherwise going to play Pires an Ljunberg I would rather see Pires 'rested' but not sure I would like to see a midfield of Reyes, Cecs, Gilberto and Quincy.

The way Pires is playing I would rather see him playing for another team, Gilberto needs a kick up the ass as wel.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
[/quote]i don't get that attitude though, if Quincy comes in and betters the contributions of whoever he replaces what's the problem? they've been consistantly s***e, they'd be dropped in any other squad, keeping them theri just because they're aged is wrong.[/quote]

I honestly don't think he has got that level of ability yet. We were lucky that Cesc could handle being forced into the starting XI. We can't afforde to take chances ATM. The thing is that we don't really know how he would perform, but we know how Pires and company CAN perform and our mai9n objective should be to get them back to that level ASAP

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Pires hasn't performed as he used to for a good long while now, and it's unrealistic to expect Dennis to perform as he used to be able to.

At what point does the dip in form people believe Pires is suffering from become a terminal decline? It's already happened IMO. Same with Ljungberg, whilst not terminal, what more does Freddie left have in his tank to offer Arsenal Football Club?

Quincy should be given a chance on either flank in my view, but preferably the left. He can be deadly from there given the chance.

Top Bottom