• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would the Carling Cup have made a difference?

mistaT

Established Member
I think it has had a much bigger effect than any of us are saying.

To me its no surprise that Koscielny, Nasri and Wilshere have seen their form suffer noticeably since our CC exit.

Those three are huge parts of our team, like it or not, and with them being off form since our play has been negatively affected.

dpt49

Established Member
mistaT said:
I think it has had a much bigger effect than any of us are saying.

To me its no surprise that Koscielny, Nasri and Wilshere have seen their form suffer noticeably since our CC exit.

Those three are huge parts of our team, like it or not, and with them being off form since our play has been negatively affected.
If that is the case it shows we are mentally weak.
Teams like Man u would come back stronger from a defeat like that, we get weaker.

This is why Wenger needs to buy experienced players that are winners, rather than mediocre players that have only been used to playing in second rate teams in second rate leagues

Arsenal in Aus

dpt49 said:
This is why Wenger needs to buy experienced players that are winners, rather than mediocre players that have only been used to playing in second rate teams in second rate leagues
I don't particularly agree. In my view a fighting, determined mentality is what's needed, and that's not necessarily the same as a winning mentality. Take Scott Parker for example, someone who's essentially spent his time fighting relegation. His attitude, work rate etc are second to none, and many are advocating a move for him. You can't really describe his as a "winner" but you can describe him as a determined fighter, and I think that's a better description of what we need. Add that mentality to the technique etc we already have in the squad, and the winning will follow.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Our last determined fighter f*cked off to AC Milan because Wenger didn't want to meet his wage demand.

Whatever increment Flamoney asked for is surely justifiable rather than the money we spent on Silvestre's fee and wages in the same f*cking season.

dpt49

Established Member
Arsenal in Aus said:
dpt49 said:
I don't particularly agree. In my view a fighting, determined mentality is what's needed, and that's not necessarily the same as a winning mentality. Take Scott Parker for example, someone who's essentially spent his time fighting relegation. His attitude, work rate etc are second to none, and many are advocating a move for him. You can't really describe his as a "winner" but you can describe him as a determined fighter, and I think that's a better description of what we need. Add that mentality to the technique etc we already have in the squad, and the winning will follow.
I agree, but when I say winner, Parker would be exactly what I mean by a winner. If he puts in that much effort for a relegation team, imagine how much effort he would put in for us.

Compare him to someone like Denilson, and there is no comparison. I bet Denilson gets more money as well.
I would say earn more money, but that would be ridiculous, he hasn't even earned the right to put on an Arsenal shirt.

I would rather have eleven players like Parker than eleven like Denilson

dpt49

Established Member
bojed said:
Our last determined fighter f*cked off to AC Milan because Wenger didn't want to meet his wage demand.

Whatever increment Flamoney asked for is surely justifiable rather than the money we spent on Silvestre's fee and wages in the same f*cking season.
Well said

Thommybhoy

Established Member
What I want to say is not exactly on topic, but close enough and I don't think it's worth separate thread.
First just wanted to say how funny it is IMO that Neville today said that our season went to **** after they kicked us out of FA cup. Yeah right, same as their fans point our defeat to them in FA cup in 2008 as a moment where our season gone bad. They really flatter themselves, and on nither occasion those defeats ruined our season, they were ruined before at Wembley this season and after at St.Andrew's in 08.
Anyway I just wanted to check if going out early in CL really worked well for us in regard of league form. Cause we all thought after draw put us this season together with Barcelona that at least we will be able to concentrate on the league.
I decided to look how many points we got in the league after the 2nd leg of 1/8finals of CL was finished for each season from final in 06 until now.

So in 05/06 we played the final and after the 1/8finals of CL we finished the season on quite high with P10 W7 D2 L1, 23/30 points.
In 06/07 we were knocked out in 1/8finals and went on P11 W4 D4 L3, 16/33 points in the league.
In 07/08, knocked out in 1/4 finals and in the league P10 W5 D3 L2 18/30 points.
In 08/09 knocked out in semi final. P11 W8 L2 D1 26/33 points
In 09/10 knocked out in 1/4 finals P9 W4 D2 L3 15/27 points
In 10/11 knocked out in 1/8 finals and so far: P6 W1 D4 L1 7/18 points

So in seasons when we had longest run in CL (05/06 and 08/09) we gained most points in the league during knock out stages of CL. In seasons when we had early knock out we gained much less points.

Spork

Established Member
I had a dream that I was in a pub at London, about to leave and walked past a table and saw Song, almost fainted, then rubbed my cheek against his blonde beard, then got a photo taken with him(on his phone.. lol), then looked around the table and Nasri, Cesc and Walcott were also there. Then I went to get a photo with all of them, but I had lost my camera, so I went back looking for it and saw an old mate (whom I havent seen in about 2 years) who is also a massive Arsenal fan and we jumped up and down like little girls and I went back to find my phone, but someone else was using it, so that meant they owned it. Then I sort of woke up but was still asleep, and realised that my phone was on my bed next to me, so I got back up out of bed and went to the pub (dreamland obviously) to get another photo, but they were all hiding under a sleeping bag (at the booth they were in) because they were sick of all the attention, but Walcott was standing next to me and also laughing at them because it looked like Cesc Song and Nasri were all sleeping together under the sleeping bag. (well it was actually a swag, but that's a bit too Aussie for everyone else :p)

Then I woke up and was highly disappointed, but my phone was facing upward which I never do, as I have a sleep monitor thing on my phone which require sit to be facing down - so at some point during that dream I must have picked up my phone.. Dreams are awesome. I met Song Cesc Nasri and Theo!

Arsenal in Aus

dpt49 said:
I agree, but when I say winner, Parker would be exactly what I mean by a winner. If he puts in that much effort for a relegation team, imagine how much effort he would put in for us.

Compare him to someone like Denilson, and there is no comparison. I bet Denilson gets more money as well.
I would say earn more money, but that would be ridiculous, he hasn't even earned the right to put on an Arsenal shirt.

I would rather have eleven players like Parker than eleven like Denilson
Yep, with you on all that.

Arsenal in Aus

Spork said:
Cesc Song and Nasri were all sleeping together under the sleeping bag. (well it was actually a swag, but that's a bit too Aussie for everyone else :p)
Now that post was a little weird, but you get away with it for including the word 'swag'. Would have been cosy! :D

Top Bottom