• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would / Will Cesc come home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loken

I had a hard time wondering where to post this, or even to post it as a topic of it's own. But seeing as it's Cesc and he's practically a cult hero to some - I think it deserves something.

So while Cesc left Arsenal to return 'home' to Barcelona, he's found himself playing in a role between the midfield and striker which doesn't entirely suit him as a 'false number 9'. He can't force his way into the side in his preferred role as Iniesta and Xavi are undroppable, and Barcelona's system will never change so long as they keep winning.

In 2 years at Barcelona his stats are very impressive; 83 appearences, with 24 goals and 30 assists - and yet he still doesn't get into the side regularly.

Under much undeserved criticism from the Barcelona fans for not just performances, but his manner of leaving Barcelona at an early age, as well as many booing him on occasion - perhaps the grass wasn't greener on the other side?

Fabregas has consistently stated his ambition to fight for his place in the Barcelona side and has claimed he wants to stay at Barcelona 'forever' until he retires. While Wenger has said on numerous occasions that Fabregas 'could' return one day and would welcome his son back with open arms, which he doesn't do very often at all for players who have left the club.

My questions are;

Do you think Fabregas will ever return to Arsenal?

Would he return in the twilight of his career, or in the next few years?

Would you want Fabregas back after the rumours of his 'faking injury' to leave?

Do you think Fabregas WANTS to return to Arsenal?

And lastly, will Barcelona ever accept an offer for Fabregas, after all the hard work (media talk etc) signing him?

leo_ense

Established Member
I believe he will return only under certain circumstances. As much as it pains me to say it Xavi is beginning a decline in his career, and I cannot see him starting games beyond next season at most. If Thiago gets the midfield spot (which I think he deserves) it will leave Cesc in a somewhat uncomfortable position as Iniesta just gets better while Busquets is young and essentialy undroppable.

The criticism Cesc recieves (while sometimes a little over the top) is justified in a lot of occasions. When deployed in midfield he lacks the ability to control the game, and looks out of sorts when compared with Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. He looks confused and doesn't quite understand his role, this is due partly to Peps misuse of him last season and Arsène's use of Cesc during his later years at Arsenal. He was tasked with zero defensive responsibility, did not have to press as viciously and he served to provide an assist or a goal, not maintaining possession. He is struggling to make the first team for his own performances and no other reason unfortunately.

If Barça do decide to invest in another top midfielder (Wilshere rumoured, Götze, Isco etc) then the situation becomes very poor for Cesc as the club aren't demonstrating belief in him as it stands. If this happens I believe he will look to leave, but whether that means a return to Arsenal is another thing.

I would love him back at Arsenal simply for the reason that the Cesc of Arsenal is ten times the player currently at Barça. At Arsenal he was one of the top performing midfielders in the world but he isn't in that bracket at the moment. Arsène's style and Arsenals style is made for Cesc, and deep down I think he knows this too. In regards to Barça accepting an offer, well anything is possible but a lot will depend on Cesc and what he decides to do.

MaestroCesc

Great post from Leo but also if Cesc is going to leave Barca then obviously it would be much better if it was soon rather than later not only because he is in his prime but also because Wenger's future is uncertain and both of them had a strong bond, so AW could be a big part if Cesc was to return

I dont think the 'injury faking' is true and i hope that he would want to return back to Arsenal if he left Barca. AW says he loves Arsenal, Cesc has personally said it and recently Pique has said all he speaks about is Arsenal.

I reckon Barca would sell him if they had better options and the price was right, considering they got him for pretty cheap money they probably wouldnt make much of a loss or would at least break even with the fee.

An older Fabregas would still be useful because of his vision and technical ability obviously his bursts of pace would probably have waned a bit but he often uses his intelligence to turn defenders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Barcelona fans are ****ing muppets, spoilt ****s. When we start spending the cash we'll get him back, Cesc will be back here before 2016.

If it's true they are willing to pay £15M for Vermaelen in the summer just to get their Arsenal fix we should start talks about Cesc.

Salieri

Yes! He faked injury(stoke in the first ten minutes comes to mind & after that infamous back heel.) Then he refused to go on the Asian tour. Went on vacation and was attending the Spanish grand prix while his team played last game of the season. Made Wenger look like a fool with an unapproved interview in which he says Arsène would have been sacked if he was managing another team. Let his Barca dogs make a mockery out of Arsenal for two years without having the decency to draw the line and shut them up. He played a dirty game on the man who made him captain and paid himself out of the club just to leave.

NO. I don't want him back and he won't. Barca are grooming him to take over Xavi's place and will play for them till he retires. Maybe if he fails, then we might see him here. We all know how this club likes to patronize its fans with washed out heroes who make us forget that we haven't/won't win anything for years.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Cesc will spend his prime years at Barca and that for me closes his Arsenal chapter. We are a big club too, lets not forget, once you walk out, its goodbye, even for someone with the stature of Cesc.

MaestroCesc

GDeep said:
Cesc will spend his prime years at Barca and that for me closes his Arsenal chapter. We are a big club too, lets not forget, once you walk out, its goodbye, even for someone with the stature of Cesc.
Henry? Campbell?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I mean we aren't going to pay big money to bring you back. Cesc might come back when he is 33 and play a squad role for 6 months but thats not what we're speaking about.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is 'Football Talk' really. Cesc isn't an Arsenal player. The probability was discussed in this thread a couple of pages back.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193952" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=193952</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom