• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

would you be angry if this happened?

If david bentley was the one to end our unbeaten run, would you:

• Be angry at him for destroying it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be upset at the run ending, but neutral to david, as he was only doing his job for his club

• Be happy for him, and the fact that when the run inevitably did end, it was destined to end by an ar

• Total voters

sanyasi

I can see it happening:

after beating the record by forest of going 42 games unbeaten, we will want to prolong the run as long as possible, to instill fear in our opposition for every game.

and then on august 28, against norwich, a lowly just promoted team, bentley, on loan, bangs in 3 goals and seals the victory that ultimately ends our unbeaten run.

Aussie

Established Member
Im worried that the unbeaten run will affect our players in a bad way. Like the last few games of last season where we played fairly ****e football. May be after we have the record it wouldnt be the end of the world if we lost.

A

Anonymous

I wouldnt of picked any of the options provided, i would of been pissed, but not at him but more at our management for allowing him to play against us. But of course now the new laws mean he cant play against us so end of discussion.
regards

Soler

Established Member
If Bentley could play against us when we play Norwich and he did score the goal that ended our unbeaten run, well ... it would've been an Arsenal player who ended it.

Not Scholes. Not Lampard. Not RVN. Not Crespo. But an Arsenal, one of our own. It'd be easier to stomach then.

Henry IV

I think we can the ground running as we did in 2002-03 to extend our unbeaten run, whilst taking care not to lose four league games out of eight in the autumn. As long as Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle or god forbid Tottenham don't end our unbeaten run I think I'll be able to stomach it fine.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
and since when was this rule changed? as of a month ago it was still up to the loaning team if they built it into the conditions of the loan.......... this must have happened in the last few weeks? cuz TBH, i would LIKE to see him play against us to see how he does against top competition....

Jkreffer

Established Member
Well it would be better to be from an Arsenal player than any other. In a twisted way we still wouldnt have been beaten!? :wink:

brianfrance

Established Member
Be happy for him, and the fact that when the run inevitably did end, it was destined to end by an arsenal player
I would be more angry if horseface ended the run, even if it's 5 matches later!!!!

KingReyes

Established Member
I'd be happy for Bents. He's got a job to do and he should be professional about it regardlees whom the opposition is.

godfather

Be happy for him, and the fact that when the run inevitably did end, it was destined to end by an arsenal player

godfather

brianfrance said:
I would be more angry if horseface ended the run, even if it's 5 matches later!!!!

yeah, me too.
i just hate that donkeyface so much, maybe the only player i really hated

Top Bottom