• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you exchange money for Cesc?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
JazzG said:
Big Poppa said:
Big teams don't sell their best players.

We have a small club mentality so I wouldn't put it past our lot to sell him if a good offer comes in and then have Wenger explaining to us how in this current financial climate the offer was too good to turn down :roll:

People fail to see the greater significance of a club like Arsenal selling a player like Cesc. Cash in the bank doesn't win trophies.

Man U could have got 60million for Cronaldo in the summer, the fact that they managed to not only keep him, but add Berbatov was a big F.You to anybody interested in signing their best players.

Now, bearing that in mind, what are the chances of anyone trying successfully to poach Anderson or Rafael? Yet if Cesc is sold, we may as well open an online catologue for Europe's elite teams to take a look at who they want next. Utterly mind-boggling.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
But isn't part of the equation that so many people think that Cesc is off anyway? Time and time and time again people keep adding throw away comments to the effect that his mind is in Spain, that he misses his mates, etc. Too many people are inside his head and this perpetuates the idea/myth that he's not giving one-hundred percent. I don't think we should sell him or let him leave. Make him happy, continue to build around him, and let him and this young squad develop.

oasis_gooner

Ultimately what matters though is Wenger's decision. And going by his past record, Wenger will definitely sell Cesc if he's intent on leaving and not for ridiculous sums like 50 million. In the event of Cesc leaving, Wenger will have lined up Ramsey to replace him.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
What past record is this? In fact, I already know what you are going to say and I disagree. There is no past precedent for selling a player like Cesc at this stage of their career.

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
What past record is this? In fact, I already know what you are going to say and I disagree. There is no past precedent for selling a player like Cesc at this stage of their career.

My point exactly, about 10 posts ago.

Wenger would rather buy a pensioner than sell Fabregas.

oasis_gooner

AnthonyG said:

You may have just overlooked Anelka. And do you really see Wenger persisting with an uninterested Cesc?

SimplyFabregas

Established Member
oasis_gooner said:
AnthonyG said:

You may have just overlooked Anelka. And do you really see Wenger persisting with an uninterested Cesc?

Uninterested?, he celebrated that second goal yesterday as if he had just won the World Cup, he took a pretty wayward pass by Denilson turning Neville inside out and playing a perfect ball to Nasri to score, or how about showing the desire to outjump a couple of 6ft something Sunderland players to earn us a point up there. Will people stop spouting this bullshit, Cesc has shown nothing but 100% commitment since joining Arsenal, i think its about time some of you fans started showing half of that commitment to this team that Fabregas has shown. I swear some fans just want to force Cesc out the door, to satisfy some little theory or idea they have, pathetic.

Wenger never attempted to build a side around Anelka (and had Henry ready to bring in), and Anelka at Cesc's age was an absolute ****.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
oasis_gooner said:
AnthonyG said:

That wasn't really Wenger's decision though was it? Anelka's brother more or less manufactured his move to Real Madrid. And all this bollocks about Cesc being uninterested is exactly that. Bollocks.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
First, I can't say I equate anything that might happen with Cesc to the situation involving Bilal. I've seen little evidence to suggest that Cesc is a similar headcase; for a start we've been willing to upgrade his contract and pay. Second, conjecture as to whether Wenger will persist with a disinterested Cesc will have to wait for when and if he becomes so.

oasis_gooner

Peruse the posts before replying. I never said Cesc is uninterested at this present moment. I will reiterate my point. If God forbid we finish season trophyless and Cesc then wants to leave, Wenger will not stand in his way. This is what I was saying previously.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
oasis_gooner said:
Peruse the posts before replying. I never said Cesc is uninterested at this present moment. I will reiterate my point. If God forbid we finish season trophyless and Cesc then wants to leave, Wenger will not stand in his way. This is what I was saying previously.
Then it's pointless. We better cash in on Cesc before his legs mysteriously and inexplicably fall off.

ricky1985

Established Member
SimplyFabregas said:
oasis_gooner said:
AnthonyG said:

Uninterested?, he celebrated that second goal yesterday as if he had just won the World Cup, he took a pretty wayward pass by Denilson turning Neville inside out and playing a perfect ball to Nasri to score, or how about showing the desire to outjump a couple of 6ft something Sunderland players to earn us a point up there. Will people stop spouting this bullshit, Cesc has shown nothing but 100% commitment since joining Arsenal, i think its about time some of you fans started showing half of that commitment to this team that Fabregas has shown. I swear some fans just want to force Cesc out the door, to satisfy some little theory or idea they have, pathetic.

Wenger never attempted to build a side around Anelka (and had Henry ready to bring in), and Anelka at Cesc's age was an absolute c**t.

Well said Simply.

sabret00the

Established Member
Hmmm, so the question is, is Fabregas an Obama or a McCain? And that means the real question is, is Denilson his VC? Biden or Palin? From you answer those questions, we know where we stand. Basically there's no one in this squad i feel would be an improvement on Fabregas for this squad. That doesn't mean that he has to be a better player, it just begs the question of whether or not there's anyone available that can lubricate our machine better than the half-arsed Fabregas we're currently having to deal with. Personally i'd be willing to take the chance of replacing Fabregas, but not at this present time, it would rock the squad beyond what we're able to bounce back from. The only casualty we should have to deal with in the next twelve months is Adebayor.

TomasCR

Established Member
It´s behind me how can someone even think of getting rid of Cesc for great money. He is the last player I would like to see out of our team. He knows well this season so far has not been the best one since he joined Arsenal but when he is passing through the worst part of his carrer at Arsenal (propably) it doesn´t mean we should take into account how much he is rated at the moment and subsequently sell him if it´s worth, like a bad joke...

JazzG

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
People fail to see the greater significance of a club like Arsenal selling a player like Cesc. Cash in the bank doesn't win trophies.

Man U could have got 60million for Cronaldo in the summer, the fact that they managed to not only keep him, but add Berbatov was a big F.You to anybody interested in signing their best players.

Now, bearing that in mind, what are the chances of anyone trying successfully to poach Anderson or Rafael? Yet if Cesc is sold, we may as well open an online catologue for Europe's elite teams to take a look at who they want next. Utterly mind-boggling.

Oh I agree completely but I just think the attitude at this club right now is pretty poor. I remember Wenger talking about how he wouldn't sign older players with a big price tag as they had no sell on value then look at Man utd's approach with Berbatov or even Milan spending like £18mill on a 28 year old Ronaldinho. These clubs are worried about success and further developing their status whereas our approach is just embarrassing really.

The thing is why would Fabregas want to stay here? I mean lets be honest here this January or next summer Wenger isn't going to sign some big name or top quality players with big price tags to sort our problems out. He has seen two of his best mates and two vital members leave and our club has done nothing to actually improve the squad. Why would he stay here and wait while other young players develop around him when he could join a top club with top players and win top trophies? Last time I checked Milan and Barca were top of their respective leagues and considering the quality the teams possess it is a strong possibility they could win their leagues. How will that make Cesc feel as it doesn't look likely we can go the distance. So in essence his best two mates have moved onto bigger clubs with bigger ambitions, earning more money than him and stand a great chance of winning their leagues and maybe some European glory as well. If that was to happen deep down I think it would hurt him big time and make him want out even more. With top players your club has to prove to them that they should stay but at current this set-up looks like we are gearing up to become a feeder club rather than a top European super club.

We have been in transition for four seasons now and I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel and I wouldn't be surprised if some players at the club feel like that. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose Adebayor and Fabregas this summer, we will survive if Ade leaves but Fabregas leaving us will be one of the biggest blows you could possibly imagine and it will take us years to recover from that and like you say our reputation as a club will be damaged and clubs will think it is easy to poach our players.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
We must keep our proven matchwinners (Cesc and Ade) at all costs. The only way of doing that short of paying them a higher salary than anyone else in the world will (which is a fiscal impossibility at this club) is to win trophies.

Pretty simple really. We need to show more ambition, Wenger needs to build the squad better, and our players need to play better and more consistently.

JazzG

Established Member
I can't remember who said this during the summer but to keep top players you have to either pay them top top salaries or they need to be at a team which is consistently winning trophies. We are offering our players neither at the moment.

number_0

Established Member
Its already been said, if we ever get in £30m+ for cesc i dont see wenger spending it, and will promote bischoff or ramsey instead, because they wont be a decent replacement anyway and most clubs will over value their CM's purely because of our new found money in the bank, besides cesc is on an 8 year old contract, he knows he can't leave us even if he wants to, and i doubt hes much of a **** to force himself out of the club.
Wenger managed to keep players before like henry and Vieira purely because we used to have a better team than barca, milan etc, and any step outside arsenal was a down step, and our team was surrounded with stars so no player had the desire to leave football wise, now its different, we are the bottom of the top 4, Milan, barca and real are on the up(financially over us) and we already lost players wenger wanted to keep(hleb, flamini and diarra), times have changed and we shouldnt use the examples that he kept henry etc for their best any more, as times are different, and if cesc leaves we can risk a massive excudes from the team which will defiently take us of the top 4.

Top Bottom