• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you exchange money for Cesc?

GaelForce22

Established Member
This question is just ridiculous. Was there too much positivity on here in the wake of yesterday for some people's likings?

No, I would not exchange any amount of money for our best player who has improved himself and the players around him every year since he got here.

hesham

Established Member
Agree GF22
Don't see the point in the question, i don't see his 'lack of commitment' on the pitch that's being said about him, he's just not playing at his best recently

King Puck Paddy

The only way that Cesc would be sold is if Wenger wanted to sell him and that's just not happening,I think Cesc feels he owes a lot to Arsène and he would never force through a deal ala Hleb.There will be a day when Cesc does eventually leave but I think it will be when both parties agree that the time has come.

Anyway why would you want money for Cesc ? Wenger would hardly spend it,therefor he doesn't need it

invisibleman18

Established Member
Biggus said:
@ Invisible, to Chel$ki? f**k no! I'll take a cricket bat to his knees first!

Indeed I'm sure we'd never sell him to them. :lol:
I just included them because I expect they'd be involved if there was to be a bidding war.

Rohit

Established Member
JazzG said:
Big Poppa said:
Big teams don't sell their best players.

We have a small club mentality so I wouldn't put it past our lot to sell him if a good offer comes in and then have Wenger explaining to us how in this current financial climate the offer was too good to turn down :roll:

Just like we let Adebayor go?

Hleb clearly wanted out; i really don't remember the reason of financial climate being cited for selling anyone.

We really do not have a small club mentallity.

DOUBLE-YOU

it's a silly question. how are we to build if we get rid of our best player?

Not only is he our best player, cesc is also our franchise. players want to come and play with cesc same way they wanted to play alongside DB10, Vieira and Henry.

Biggus

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
depends on how hot the woman is i suppose. and how much coin shes asking for.

zing!

Ah finally someone understands the purpose of this thread.

JazzG

Established Member
Rohit said:

Hleb clearly wanted out; i really don't remember the reason of financial climate being cited for selling anyone.

We didn't let Adebayor go because we didn't get a single solid offer for him. AC Milan were playing us and using him as a way to get a better deal out of Barca and Barca were only going to buy if Eto'o was sold and nobody seemed interested in him. On top of that Adebayor was playing us to get a better deal for himself.

Cristiano Ronaldo wanted out as well but did the Mancs let him go? Vieira wanted out from us a few years back did we let him go? Wenger should of put his foot down with Hleb and unless we got a replacement in for him plus the additional player our squad needed then let him go. Instead until Hleb was sold then the Nasri deal was announced, it was almost as if the club were playing us here.

Then on top of that the Flamini situation which was a disgrace as well, he is a grade A **** for leaving us the way he did but by around September/October Wenger should of made him sign or stick him on the bench instead we let this whole thing drag on and he got a nice season under his belt allowing other clubs to get a good look at him and walked out on us.

What about us only going for Alonso on the final day? Did we really expect Liverpool to sell so late on especially as they had missed on Barry as well? Look at Barca during the summer, most of their transfer dealings were wrapped up by August while we fans went into the last day praying someone would sign.

number_0

Established Member
JazzG said:
Rohit said:

We didn't let Adebayor go because we didn't get a single solid offer for him. AC Milan were playing us and using him as a way to get a better deal out of Barca and Barca were only going to buy if Eto'o was sold and nobody seemed interested in him. On top of that Adebayor was playing us to get a better deal for himself.

Cristiano Ronaldo wanted out as well but did the Mancs let him go? Vieira wanted out from us a few years back did we let him go? Wenger should of put his foot down with Hleb and unless we got a replacement in for him plus the additional player our squad needed then let him go. Instead until Hleb was sold then the Nasri deal was announced, it was almost as if the club were playing us here.

Then on top of that the Flamini situation which was a disgrace as well, he is a grade A c**t for leaving us the way he did but by around September/October Wenger should of made him sign or stick him on the bench instead we let this whole thing drag on and he got a nice season under his belt allowing other clubs to get a good look at him and walked out on us.

What about us only going for Alonso on the final day? Did we really expect Liverpool to sell so late on especially as they had missed on Barry as well? Look at Barca during the summer, most of their transfer dealings were wrapped up by August while we fans went into the last day praying someone would sign.

I think milan were instrested in adebayor and where willing to pay £30m for him, wenger just overpriced ade out of a move, while ade used it to get a fat juicy contract, we could've sold ade, if finance is what we care about and our attacking department is stronger than the rest of the team even without ade, but wenger kept him despite the odds.

I hate Hleb for what he did, but i believe he left us for non footballing reasons and i dont think there was that much money involved, because we could've offered him whatever barca and inter were offering, as he was our top player, but he wanted to leave and so wenger let him go.

Flamini was no ****, we were the ****s, for leaving a first teamer play a whole season with 10 months left on his contract, lets face it, after the january window, there was no way he would've signed for us, after the offers that were tabled for him, and he would'nt have got the bonus £5m sign on fee or something had he stayed with us. Flamini did no wrong other than getting himself the best deal he could, I felt wenger was arrogantly confiedent about tying flamini up and let diarra go easily, and it bit him in the arse.

Rohit

Established Member
JazzG said:
Rohit said:

Then on top of that the Flamini situation which was a disgrace as well, he is a grade A c**t for leaving us the way he did but by around September/October Wenger should of made him sign or stick him on the bench instead we let this whole thing drag on and he got a nice season under his belt allowing other clubs to get a good look at him and walked out on us.

I won't and shouldn't really argue about Adebayor because neither you nor me know the facts, i simply pointed that out reference the news that i read in the summer. I believe Adebayor was hot property last season after what he did for us and clubs were interested but were priced out.

If it was only money then Wenger could have fought to keep Hleb, his heart clearly wasn't here and there was no point. I do tend to agree with Wenger on this although i didn't want him to leave.

Again you and i both can may be only point to instances from this transfer window. Like you rightly pointed out Wenger fought hard to keep Vieira season after season.

We suddenly cannot have developed a small club mentallity, infact i feel quite embarrased writing this about Arsenal, don't know how you so easily accuse us of such a thing.

Clubs with a small club mentallity don't move into new 60,000 seater stadiums.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If the price was right, I would. I feel like that about everybody on this team though.

AliBabaBrewer

Rohit said:
JazzG said:
Big Poppa said:
Big teams don't sell their best players.

We have a small club mentality so I wouldn't put it past our lot to sell him if a good offer comes in and then have Wenger explaining to us how in this current financial climate the offer was too good to turn down :roll:

We consistently sell some of our best players.

Anelka, Overmars, Vieira, Henry anyone?

True Gooner

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
Anelka, Overmars, Vieira, Henry anyone?

3 of them were past their peak and suffered from injury problems. The other is a moody ****. I'd also mention that we got a tidy sum of money for all of them.

The only key player that we've sold over the years against our will was Hleb.

the dawn raids

Established Member
basically the only way this would even come into consideration is if we were really, really skint. and even then hed be the last person wed look to sell.

Biggus

Established Member
So no one feels the whole building a team around Cesc thing may be a mistake? especially when Wenger refuses to buy a decent DM to cover him.

alboots101

Established Member
Biggus said:
So no one feels the whole building a team around Cesc thing may be a mistake? especially when Wenger refuses to buy a decent DM to cover him.

sometimes i do..he should be our number ten ..IMO

I thought it was a hypothetical question?

I have no idea what a DM is?......heehee.

the dawn raids

Established Member
Biggus said:

the problem is as average as weve looked in the middle of the park a lot this year, if we had to replace cesc as well you just really dont know what youre getting into. i mean we can hope to catch lightning in a bottle twice with young talent and try to ride ramsey for all thats worth, but if he fails, is denilson and diaby going to cut it?

to put it another way, im not prepared to lose the one sure thing (albeit not up to his high standard at this present time) in our midfield right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom