Would you exchange money for Cesc?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Biggus, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

So let me get this straight, most of us here are happy with the system we try to play on our better days, but the main problem is that Wenger hasn't gone far enough has not pursued his ideology with every weapon at his disposal but has tried to do it on the cheap, allowing his other beliefs like giving youth a chance to get in the way.

Yes I would agree with that. Used with the best technical & experienced players money can buy I accept that his system can beat any side. I also accept that if you're good enough you're old (or young enough) and you should get your chance. BUT I'm sorry I don't accept putting the two beliefs together work- It's a recipe for disaster as we are witnessing and can never work, As we don't have the sort of Real (pun intended :wink: ) money to make it work properly (yet).

2. Galahad

Galahad New Member

Wich is precisely why we are so inconsistent...we dont really know what we are trying to do, that is exactly how I felt we were playing this season...no clue what our basic idea of football was...wich is why we do everything a little bit...long balls, short passing, crosses, backpasses, technical stuff, runs...everything but nothing really.

3. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

yeah I'd agree with that - it's like everything is still experiment & compromise while trying to find the blend that fits......... :|