• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

would you have anelka back?

Would you have Anelka back?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shaz

despite the way he left arsenal, this man is still quality. so the question is, would you have him back for the right price?

btw. i oplogise in advance if this has been done before.

leongsh

I voted No. Very simply because Arsenal has moved on and Arsène Wenger is re-balancing the first team squad with youthful players, whether they be from the youth academy or brough in from other clubs. I have no hard feelings over the way Anelka left - he left for a substantial sum that allowed Arsène Wenger the funds to build a new training center which has set new and higher standards and is also the envy of most, and bring in new players like a certain Thierry Henry.

Canuck

Established Member
he's still a class finisher, but I'm not sure that he's really got that attitude under control. I def. think that we are better off after he left. A headache out of the way and money in the coffers. I suppose he could come back, for dirt cheap, and warm our bench for us. :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Hes ****e, hes alrite for a **** mid table team, his time of being one of the best is long gone, never good enough for arsenal.

kutz

It's not that his attitude is really bad still, but it's not good enough for Arsenal. Arsenal players must have an attitude as good and as team-based as their skills.

Anelka is has a character that causes more problems than he's worth.

kutz

juz7_pi12es said:
even if we got him for free?

Yep.

Essentially, there are players that make your job as a manager harder, and you want to avoid these because team spirit is one of the most important aspects of a team's performance and certain players can erode this.

If I offered you a player for free who would lower the rest of your team's performance, would you take him??? (And I'm not saying Anelka would definitely do this, but at the least he'd cause some uneasiness in the locker room)

sanyasi

no

we have moved on, and now we have enough strikers. he would not get to play lots of games with reyes, henry and bergkamp, and soon bentley also in the team. and then he would crib, abuse Arsène, and in a team such as arsenal, we cannot have that.

TB*Gooner*

Anelka and Henry were ment to play together. They are suppose to play together but it won't happen. Not in Arsenal and probably not for France.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom