Would you like to see Obafemi Martins in an Arsenal shirt?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by TRUE GUNNER, Jun 6, 2004.

?

MARTINS OBAFEMI in an arsenal shirt?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TRUE GUNNER

TRUE GUNNER New Member

Everytime i've watched inter milan play this guy always seems to stand out, he has blistering pace and he has a few tricks. Remember when inter beat us 3 - 0, this guy was terrising our back 4. The only thing that this guy needs is a manager like wenger to just sand down his rough edges, like e.g. what to do on the pitch and how to do them, like sometimes hes to quick and he rushes things.

I think he would be a great player for us. (by the way this aint a rumour, i just wanted to see what you would think)

What do you think ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

Unbelievable speed and power. Thing is - his technique does not match his physical attributes, and neither does he have the vision or passing to function in the Arsenal game... maybe he could be taught a few things.

I was impressed with the player when i first saw him run at Nesta and Maldini. He scored in the match too - i thought, such pace and strength is ideal for us. Since then, we have signed Reyes and Van Persie - the technique they possess is superior.

3. TRUE GUNNER

TRUE GUNNER New Member

totally agree with you, i think he just needs someone (like wenger) to teach him a few things and with the players at arsenal he couldnt fail to become a great player. In some ways he reminds me a bit like toure.

4. Adam

Adam New Member Elite

His athleticism is similar to Toure. His acceleration is as good as i have seen - and i am talking Thierry, Cisse and Mendy included. Toure caught him up whilst he was dribbling - but his movement off the ball would be just phenomenal.

5. Arsenal316

Arsenal316 New Member Elite

Nope, wouldn't want him here. Nothing against him personally, but wouldn't want him here.

6. TRUE GUNNER

TRUE GUNNER New Member

remember he is only 19 and already in the inter milan 1st team

7. Evil Dragon

Evil Dragon New Member

Definetly

8. GoonerLuke

GoonerLuke New Member

I was thinking about starting a thread on Martins myself. He absolutely terrorized our defense when Inter beat us in the first leg. As far as speed goes, I think he is faster than Reyes and Henry, not by much though. I would love to see him at Arsenal, but how much would he cost? Does anybody have at least a semi-accurate estimate?

9. brianfrance

brianfrance New Member Elite

Definetely a great talent, don't want to say more --- I don't want to quote all Adam post lol someone would think I'm a "suckdick" but he said what I would say ---

10. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

Yeah he's a talented player. Has done well to break into Inter's team at a young age and just generally seems like a Wenger kind of player. I think we should've perhaps got him earlier because his value will have gone up now, then again if we had got him, we might not have got Reyes, who is a better all round player.

11. turtle

turtle New Member

He is a great young player, but there are probably better option out there who doesn't have to leave for African Cup match or other events, that is if we ever need another player up front.....I think we don't need another forward and I think Reyes is definitely better than him. I am not sure about van Persie, but he could be better than Martins too.

12. lewdikris

lewdikris New Member Elite

He's very good, but is he better than Reyes, Cassano, Rooney and Torres?

Simple answer: no chance.

13. Aussie

Aussie New Member Elite

But he does do cool backflips when he scores :lol: :lol:

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i dont think rooney belogns wit those class of players

15. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

I agree with lewd. Martins is very good, there's no question about that but he is not going to be as good as Reyes, Cassano et al. He is an Arsène sort of player - pace, but there's not a sufficient amount of technique to play for the mighty red 'n' whites.

Plus, do you really think Inter would sell with Vieri more than likely going?

16. KlurgsSporg

KlurgsSporg New Member

i would'nt like to see him in a arsenal shirt i dont know what it is about nigeria's stars but that all are so inconsitent at being able to perform.. jayjay.O ,Kanu, Martins even Yakubu Ayegbeni can be a weak link in allready weak team a striker who i would like to see is Samuel Eto'o.. dont know iff anyone see's him for mallorca but he has blistering pace and a natural finisher

17. TRUE GUNNER

TRUE GUNNER New Member

i dont care who he plays for this guy is gona be a star in the future, the guy has all the qualities to become great, maybe he loses out on technical ability but as i said before he can work on that with a good coach. I know you lot dont agree but i'd defenitly have him in my squad, i'd rather him than van persie(matter of opinion).

18. Gunner4life09

Gunner4life09 New Member

Why not, he's only 19 and he's already breaking into the Inter 1st team, he has crazy pace, very athletic and powerful. and as people has stated technique can be worked on, he's only 19 so plently of time to work on that. so why not.

19. dsurg

dsurg New Member

not likely he'll be a gunner...but the guy is right up there with the likes of cassano, rooney et al...remember the guy is 19...he plays regularly for a star studded side like inter...and he'll walk into even Real madrid's attack....he might not be the best technically but remember neither is Trezeguet or Vieiri or even Shevchenko...and u cant say those guys arent among the best strikers around....Give it to the Kid...he is very very good.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is certainly better then the rooney.

will be a great aset to the Arse'