• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you like to see Obafemi Martins in an Arsenal shirt?

MARTINS OBAFEMI in an arsenal shirt?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TRUE GUNNER

Everytime i've watched inter milan play this guy always seems to stand out, he has blistering pace and he has a few tricks. Remember when inter beat us 3 - 0, this guy was terrising our back 4. The only thing that this guy needs is a manager like wenger to just sand down his rough edges, like e.g. what to do on the pitch and how to do them, like sometimes hes to quick and he rushes things.

I think he would be a great player for us. (by the way this aint a rumour, i just wanted to see what you would think)

What do you think ?

34055.jpg

1701496199.jpg

Adam

Established Member
Unbelievable speed and power. Thing is - his technique does not match his physical attributes, and neither does he have the vision or passing to function in the Arsenal game... maybe he could be taught a few things.

I was impressed with the player when i first saw him run at Nesta and Maldini. He scored in the match too - i thought, such pace and strength is ideal for us. Since then, we have signed Reyes and Van Persie - the technique they possess is superior.

TRUE GUNNER

totally agree with you, i think he just needs someone (like wenger) to teach him a few things and with the players at arsenal he couldnt fail to become a great player. In some ways he reminds me a bit like toure.

Adam

Established Member
His athleticism is similar to Toure. His acceleration is as good as i have seen - and i am talking Thierry, Cisse and Mendy included. Toure caught him up whilst he was dribbling - but his movement off the ball would be just phenomenal.

GoonerLuke

I was thinking about starting a thread on Martins myself. He absolutely terrorized our defense when Inter beat us in the first leg. As far as speed goes, I think he is faster than Reyes and Henry, not by much though. I would love to see him at Arsenal, but how much would he cost? Does anybody have at least a semi-accurate estimate?

brianfrance

Established Member
Definetely a great talent, don't want to say more --- I don't want to quote all Adam post lol someone would think I'm a "suckdick" but he said what I would say ---

Mark

Established Member
Yeah he's a talented player. Has done well to break into Inter's team at a young age and just generally seems like a Wenger kind of player. I think we should've perhaps got him earlier because his value will have gone up now, then again if we had got him, we might not have got Reyes, who is a better all round player.

turtle

He is a great young player, but there are probably better option out there who doesn't have to leave for African Cup match or other events, that is if we ever need another player up front.....I think we don't need another forward and I think Reyes is definitely better than him. I am not sure about van Persie, but he could be better than Martins too.

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:
He's very good, but is he better than Reyes, Cassano, Rooney and Torres?

Simple answer: no chance.

i dont think rooney belogns wit those class of players

Soler

Established Member
ache7859 said:
lewdikris said:

i dont think rooney belogns wit those class of players

I agree with lewd. Martins is very good, there's no question about that but he is not going to be as good as Reyes, Cassano et al. He is an Arsène sort of player - pace, but there's not a sufficient amount of technique to play for the mighty red 'n' whites.

Plus, do you really think Inter would sell with Vieri more than likely going?

KlurgsSporg

i would'nt like to see him in a arsenal shirt i dont know what it is about nigeria's stars but that all are so inconsitent at being able to perform.. jayjay.O ,Kanu, Martins even Yakubu Ayegbeni can be a weak link in allready weak team a striker who i would like to see is Samuel Eto'o.. dont know iff anyone see's him for mallorca but he has blistering pace and a natural finisher

TRUE GUNNER

i dont care who he plays for this guy is gona be a star in the future, the guy has all the qualities to become great, maybe he loses out on technical ability but as i said before he can work on that with a good coach. I know you lot dont agree but i'd defenitly have him in my squad, i'd rather him than van persie(matter of opinion).

Gunner4life09

Why not, he's only 19 and he's already breaking into the Inter 1st team, he has crazy pace, very athletic and powerful. and as people has stated technique can be worked on, he's only 19 so plently of time to work on that. so why not.

dsurg

not likely he'll be a gunner...but the guy is right up there with the likes of cassano, rooney et al...remember the guy is 19...he plays regularly for a star studded side like inter...and he'll walk into even Real madrid's attack....he might not be the best technically but remember neither is Trezeguet or Vieiri or even Shevchenko...and u cant say those guys arent among the best strikers around....Give it to the Kid...he is very very good.

A

Anonymous

lewdikris said:

is certainly better then the rooney.

will be a great aset to the Arse'

Latest posts+

Top Bottom