Would You Play Edu?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by seb_afc, Feb 5, 2005.

?

Would you play Edu?

1. No, Because he is not good enough

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, Because he wont sign a new contract

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. seb_afc

seb_afc New Member Trusted

After Putting in a quality performance against villa, edu showed how important he is to our midfield. he has a calming effect on the team and IMO is an imporatant player for us. Im going to be sorry when he leaves us. thats if he does.

2. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

well maybe if we make a good run in the CL, maybe the club and him can come to some sort of comprimise.

3. Legend#1

Legend#1 New Member Trusted

Yes.. for Experience.

4. seb_afc

he brings a lot to our midfield. I really hope le boss can convice him to stay!!

5. solthegunner

solthegunner New Member

6. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Problem is, he'd never be happy with a place and i don't think he's good enough to be a starter every game. He loves to play, you can see it on his face and he wants too much money just to warm the bench. We can't offer him a start every game or enough money.

I thought he was outstanding in the first half.

7. Aussie

Aussie New Member Elite

I would.

He has the ability to control the speed of the game which at the moment both Cesc and Flamini struggle to do. If he is going to be commited in is time while he is still here i dont see why not.

8. RockyRocastle

RockyRocastle New Member Trusted

Never been his biggest fan, but he made a difference today.

He brings a physical presence and experience, which Flamini and Cesc dont.

9. SuperBob

SuperBob New Member

Today he reminded me of Flamini and Cesc he had the passing of Cesc and the physical presence of Flamini we definately need him to start every game now till the rest of the season.

He will be very important for the Champions League.

10. Henry IV

Henry IV New Member

Yes because he's still a quality midfielder.

11. Allyboy

Allyboy New Member Elite

After today then yes, who knows its only a slim chance but he might still stay.

12. Mark

Mark New Member Elite

I'd give Edu a run in the team to see if he's really comitted. We can't judge from one good performance. It's only his first good perfomance this season.

13. zodos

zodos New Member

I think the jury is still out! I was a big admirer, but have taken an intense dislike to him since his contract dispute. It wouldn't have been my choice to play him, but he did well! I am stil not convinced of his commitment in 50/50 situations and we saw an example of that on Saturday when he pulled out of a 50/50 challenge. I probably would have done the same! :)
    Hopefully, he and the club will realise they need each other and come to a compromise.

14. Spike

Spike New Member Trusted

Yes ofcourse, it showed in the Villa match how we missed a player like him this year.

15. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

Id still want Edu. Hes class.

Someone like Flamini is all action but he doesnt have the same class. Whereas Cesc Is class but he doesnt have the defending ability or height yet.

16. seb_afc

if want want to retain the tittle, we need players like him, we need to have a good depth in our squad.

17. zodos

zodos New Member

Now, what title are we talking about here?? :)

18. Lee H

Lee H New Member

i would deffinatly play him if he was needed.but i dont think i would pick him over cesc,vieira,pires/reyes or ljungberg though.
    maybe i would give him a start to rest cesc every now and then 8)