Would you rather

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, May 10, 2019.

?

What would you prefer?

Poll closed May 27, 2019.
  1. Sp**s win CL, Arsenal win EL

58.1%
  2. Liverpool win CL, Chelsea win EL

41.9%
  1. say yes

say yes To VAR

Toughie.

2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

I'm hoping for Arsenal to win and Liverpool to win!

:D:D

Nah I would rather Liverpool win CL and us to lose from those options asked. We can win EL next year then.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  3. Camron

Camron Well-Known Member

Second option is basically a reset button. Can't have them lot winning any trophy, let alone a major one. Let alone by horrible luck.

Mrs Bergkamp and Trilly like this.
  4. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

Tough one.

I believe one day we can win a Champions League. But never after Sp**s.

5. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

That’s the Spursiest poll I’ve ever seen, we’re always taking the piss out of them for being obsessed with us.

Now we’re willing to go without a trophy and CL qualification just because of them. F*ck that noise.

Giroud12, Jae, truth_hurts and 12 others like this.
  6. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

We can't have Sp**s winning the Champions League before us. It's bad enough that Chelsea managed it.

7. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

it's only though for idiots

Beksl likes this.
  8. TriniGunner

TriniGunner Well-Known Member

That's like asking would I rather feel sick from Gonorrhea or Syphilis. Or better yet, would I rather a hand-job from a man or a woman with a mouthstache.

9. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

For us to kick on and improve we need champions league football.

Now I get the hatred of Sp**s the thought of them winning makes me sick. But I couldn't handle another year playing mediocre European football, failure to sign decent players. Sp**s winning the CL obviously would do them well but I still don't think that makes them much more desirable to players.

They also won't have tonnes of money to spent as they are paying for the stadium. It will be a one cup wonder were they don't win anything again for another 30 or 40 years.

While the champions league and us getting back where we belong may help us compete sooner.

10. Aevi

Aevi Hands down best mod -Trilly (probably) Moderator

We should be more worried about us than Sp**s. Winning the EL has serious implications on both the money we have to spend and calibre of player we attract this summer. That's what truly matters here.

11. 14Henry

14Henry Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. We will attract more players than Sp**s as long as we have champions league football.

This is the best Sp**s will ever be. I believe the only way for them is to stay this level or down. Whereas I believe while we may struggle to win the league in the next 5 years we have more potential.

12. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Sp**s winning the CL would be absolutely terrible but I support Arsenal first, hate Sp**s second. So, always want Arsenal to win whether it's an individual game or especially if it's a title. Besides, we need to get back to the CL if we want to improve.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Aevi and Rex Banner like this.
  13. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

First thoughts are what’s best for us as a club and that’s being in the CL. We also haven’t won a lot in Europe so it would be nice to have it in the history books. If Sp**s win it before us it will give them bragging rights but ultimately it does little to change the landscape. They don’t suddenly start buying a load of world class players or pay top wages. It will be a bit like Porto winning it. You’ll look back in twenty years time and think “do you remember when those minnows won the Champions League?”.

14. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

If you can't take a bit of slagging from Sp**s fans just because they won the CL first then you're mentally weak. We have to focus on ourselves.

15. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

Just put money on Sp**s to win.

Win/win situation.

16. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

I tried that against Ajax. Put 3-1 and 2-1 to Sp**s. Backfired massively

17. Rex Banner

Rex Banner Welsh Dialsquare Trusted

Your fault for getting greedy. Just bet on outrights

FinnGooner likes this.
  18. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

**** Sp**s you know my answer.

Red London likes this.
  19. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

I don’t get the big deal about us getting back in the CL? It will be nice to be back in there but it’s not gonna change how the club is run? The lack of ambition will remain the same.

Artisan, Camron, lamby22 and 2 others like this.
  20. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Some people are trying to make case we will make better signings when we are in there. I'm a little bit suspicious about it.

Trilly and krackpot like this.