• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you rather

What would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
This is going to sound ridiculous but as **** as we currently are I'm somewhat enjoying our EL runs.

I'm also no longer bothered by what Tottenham may or may not do, we are in a final, yeah they are in a better one but who cares, I'm not really fussed what their fans have to say. I'm 32, if someone is going to say 'you're **** we are better' I think I'm old enough to handle it now.

These things come in cycles, they were ****ter than us for many years, its their turn for a bit I suppose.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Our biggest game since 2006 CL final, but this is meaningless if Sp**s win the CL. It's simple. Sp**s must not win.

Yeah meaningless except we will get to buy better players if we are in the CL next season? Hurrah, Sp**s fails to win the CL, can't wait to see them continue to be ahead of us next season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah meaningless except we will get to buy better players if we are in the CL next season? Hurrah, Sp**s fails to win the CL, can't wait to see them continue to be ahead of us next season.
So they're still going to finish above us regardless of if we win or not?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get the big deal about us getting back in the CL? It will be nice to be back in there but it’s not gonna change how the club is run? The lack of ambition will remain the same.

Mate we’re probably similar ages, what’s the best closest to a European trophy we’ve ever come?

I want to know what it’s like to win one, rather than have 2006 as my best memory.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You have to face reality. If Sp**s win the CL then you just have to accept it.

Focus on us, we can win a trophy and so we should hope for that. Sp**s winning the CL be a blip. No way they repeat it or challenge for the PL. This is their peak. Kane will move, Poch will leave

Last edited:

jus2nang

Sp**s winning the CL would be absolutely terrible but I support Arsenal first, hate Sp**s second. So, always want Arsenal to win whether it's an individual game or especially if it's a title. Besides, we need to get back to the CL if we want to improve.
This will go down in the history books though, forever.

It's the equivalent of a footballing apocalypse. Armageddon. The end of the world.

Losing the EL final would just make this another crap season. That lot winning the CL will be end of days type stuff.

We'll suffer for generations.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Without reading the comments I picked Pool win and we lose but I think I jumped the gun WAY TOO quick there lol cuz as mentioned we shouldn't care about other teams, just ours.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Being champions of Europe would give the Spuds massive base to build on. They will already be rolling in the dough having gotten to the final, but the trophy will cement their place as a potential super club that'll top players will be attracted to. On the other hand nobody gives a **** about the Europa League. Hell even if we win it, the safe bet for most would be to assume we'll back in EL the year after. Just look at Man U.

Even if we weren't local rivals, the option that'd preserve the status quo would be the best for us since we are competing for the same top four positions in the league.

Gegen Pressing

If spuds won the CL beforehand it could affect our players morale, but afaik we play the EL final 2-3 days ahead of said CL final so nothing should mess with our players focus and should be in good spirits .

Gegen Pressing

You have to face reality. If Sp**s win the CL then you just have to accept it.

Actually not quite we might have won the EL 3 days ahead of the said CL final on 02/06. So during these three days should be enough time for us sabotage their morale on internet and parading around London day before CL etc...

TheEconomist

Established Member
To be fair if Sp**s win it you have to hold your hands up and give them credit. They're a club who are on the up and they're basically following the model that we were all told we would be following 10 years ago. Their management team are doing a much better job than ours

progman07

Established Member
I don't live in England and don't even know anyone who supports Sp**s, so Arsenal win for me. But they had to endure decades of Arsenal dominance, is it really unbearable if they win one trophy before we do? Isn't it just banter after all.

And we could catch them much earlier with the CL in our pockets next year. Easy choice.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Option A. I'm not interested in Sp**s - I'm concerned about the fortunes of Arsenal. They're going from strength to strength regardless. No champions league for us next season sends us plummeting in my opinion and damages us for a few years.

Definitely option A.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom