Would you rather

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by say yes, May 10, 2019.

?

What would you prefer?

Poll closed May 27, 2019.
  1. Sp**s win CL, Arsenal win EL

58.1%
  2. Liverpool win CL, Chelsea win EL

41.9%
  1. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

This is going to sound ridiculous but as **** as we currently are I'm somewhat enjoying our EL runs.

I'm also no longer bothered by what Tottenham may or may not do, we are in a final, yeah they are in a better one but who cares, I'm not really fussed what their fans have to say. I'm 32, if someone is going to say 'you're **** we are better' I think I'm old enough to handle it now.

These things come in cycles, they were ****ter than us for many years, its their turn for a bit I suppose.

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Our biggest game since 2006 CL final, but this is meaningless if Sp**s win the CL. It's simple. Sp**s must not win.

3. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

Yeah meaningless except we will get to buy better players if we are in the CL next season? Hurrah, Sp**s fails to win the CL, can't wait to see them continue to be ahead of us next season.

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

So they're still going to finish above us regardless of if we win or not?

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast CIES Loyalist

I refuse to consider the possibility of either choice. I'll be quite happy with an Arsenal win and a Tottenham ****spur loss. Any other outcome I'll deal with after the fact.

#COYG #YNWA

Mrs Bergkamp and RacingPhoton like this.
  6. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Mate we’re probably similar ages, what’s the best closest to a European trophy we’ve ever come?

I want to know what it’s like to win one, rather than have 2006 as my best memory.

7. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

People's reply to this greatly depends on if they're actually from London in my opinion.

8. Bergkamp1988

Bergkamp1988 Well-Known Member

We're better than Chelsea and Liverpool is going to humiliate that other team.

krengon and American_Gooner like this.
  9. Check

Check Active Member

Own results always above our rivals results. We have to get back into the CL to progress.

krackpot likes this.
  10. Gervais

Gervais Well-Known Member

The ****e cannot win the CL under ANY circumstances.

Big clubs always come back. We'll soon be above them again, with or without CL football.

Tourbillion and Trilly like this.
  11. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

You have to face reality. If Sp**s win the CL then you just have to accept it.

Focus on us, we can win a trophy and so we should hope for that. Sp**s winning the CL be a blip. No way they repeat it or challenge for the PL. This is their peak. Kane will move, Poch will leave

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  12. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

That’s what I truly hope man but I just don’t see it. :(

hydrofluoric acid likes this.
  13. jus2nang

jus2nang Member

This will go down in the history books though, forever.

It's the equivalent of a footballing apocalypse. Armageddon. The end of the world.

Losing the EL final would just make this another crap season. That lot winning the CL will be end of days type stuff.

We'll suffer for generations.

14. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

Without reading the comments I picked Pool win and we lose but I think I jumped the gun WAY TOO quick there lol cuz as mentioned we shouldn't care about other teams, just ours.

15. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Being champions of Europe would give the Spuds massive base to build on. They will already be rolling in the dough having gotten to the final, but the trophy will cement their place as a potential super club that'll top players will be attracted to. On the other hand nobody gives a **** about the Europa League. Hell even if we win it, the safe bet for most would be to assume we'll back in EL the year after. Just look at Man U.

Even if we weren't local rivals, the option that'd preserve the status quo would be the best for us since we are competing for the same top four positions in the league.

Mrs Bergkamp, Fallout and Camron like this.
  16. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

Liverpoo must win this.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  17. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

If spuds won the CL beforehand it could affect our players morale, but afaik we play the EL final 2-3 days ahead of said CL final so nothing should mess with our players focus and should be in good spirits .

18. Gegen Pressing

Gegen Pressing Well-Known Member

Actually not quite we might have won the EL 3 days ahead of the said CL final on 02/06. So during these three days should be enough time for us sabotage their morale on internet and parading around London day before CL etc...

19. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Well-Known Member

To be fair if Sp**s win it you have to hold your hands up and give them credit. They're a club who are on the up and they're basically following the model that we were all told we would be following 10 years ago. Their management team are doing a much better job than ours

20. progman07

progman07 Well-Known Member

I don't live in England and don't even know anyone who supports Sp**s, so Arsenal win for me. But they had to endure decades of Arsenal dominance, is it really unbearable if they win one trophy before we do? Isn't it just banter after all.

And we could catch them much earlier with the CL in our pockets next year. Easy choice.

21. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Option A. I'm not interested in Sp**s - I'm concerned about the fortunes of Arsenal. They're going from strength to strength regardless. No champions league for us next season sends us plummeting in my opinion and damages us for a few years.

Definitely option A.