• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we finish 2nd, I couldn't give a **** how many points we get to be honest.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Correct. The goal is playing in the CL next season and giving us the ability to, as a club, show our best current players we can fulfill their ambitions so they resign.

Then attract other better players to push on.

People get caught up on the points and trying to calculate what we need to do x y and z. They did exactly the same last season in the run in and some were coming up with us finishing 7-8 points ahead of Sp**s and look how that finished.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Correct. The goal is playing in the CL next season and giving us the ability to, as a club, show our best current players we can fulfill their ambitions so they resign.

People get caught up on the points and trying to calculate what we need to do x y and z. They did exactly the same last season in the run in and some were coming up with us finishing 7-8 points ahead of Sp**s and look how that finished.

I think it's how easily bellends like Neville are writing us off, that is making Arsenal fans rightly defensive about our Top 4/title chances.

No problem with that, as long as we don't lose focus on our main goal this season...think Arsenal playing Champions League football next season, could really lead to some big things for us in the next few years.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think it's how easily bellends like Neville are writing us off, that is making Arsenal fans rightly defensive about our Top 4/title chances.

No problem with that, as long as we don't lose focus on our main goal this season...think Arsenal playing Champions League football next season, could really led to some big things for us in the next few years.
Yeah. Personally I don't listen to pundits. One minute they are "worried" about us (Carragher end of last season) the next Arteta is one of the best 3 managers in the league (the same person).

That was after 7-8 games. It shows you how they flip flop because they haven't a clue what will happen next. Just like us.

Last year was the final straw for me. Esepcially the **** I got on this forum by 1 or 2 posters for saying it wasn't done or that Sp**s still had a shout of top 4 with 7-8 games to go.

I've watched enough football to know that nothing is done until its done. And nothing is won 10 games into the season.

United have had to play City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Sp**s, Newcastle and go to Chelsea this weekend in their first 11 games.

We have had Liverpool, United, Sp**s in our first 10-11 games along with some favourable fixtures. Time will tell were we are when we have to play a few more bigger teams.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Robbie didn’t make it, if you look at the bottom of the graphic you can see he got the data from FiveThirtyEight
Yep mentioned that on the bottom line of post (he was rebranding another model) but feel it will probably have an AFTV level of precision.

MartiSaka

You can only control where you finish to a certain extent, if city and pool go on unbeaten runs like they have In the past, they will prob finish above us. We have far greater control over the number of points we attain, and over 80 pts will definitely enable us to achieve our CL objective.

MartiSaka

Yeah. Personally I don't listen to pundits. One minute they are "worried" about us (Carragher end of last season) the next Arteta is one of the best 3 managers in the league (the same person).

That was after 7-8 games. It shows you how they flip flop because they haven't a clue what will happen next. Just like us.

Last year was the final straw for me. Esepcially the **** I got on this forum by 1 or 2 posters for saying it wasn't done or that Sp**s still had a shout of top 4 with 7-8 games to go.

I've watched enough football to know that nothing is done until its done. And nothing is won 10 games into the season.

United have had to play City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Sp**s, Newcastle and go to Chelsea this weekend in their first 11 games.

We have had Liverpool, United, Sp**s in our first 10-11 games along with some favourable fixtures. Time will tell were we are when we have to play a few more bigger teams.
I think united could end up relatively close to us; they are doing relatively well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Weird how many other fans say we've got a delusional fan base and have ideas above our station when it comes to how good Arsenal actually are.

At the same time they cry that we're all negative when we're not pronouncing ourselves champions in waiting after 10 games.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Weird how many other fans say we've got a delusional fan base and have ideas above our station when it comes to how good Arsenal actually are.

At the same time they cry that we're all negative when we're not pronouncing ourselves champions in waiting after 10 games.
I don't think there's many other fans calling us negative for airing on the side of caution and taking it game by game.

The problem is the Arsenal fans who are calling other fans negative because they haven't booked time of work already to see the open top bus parade with the title in June.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Most other fans I've spoken to have us as genuine contenders. Some even have more faith than a lot of us Arsenal fans.

It's almost like this fanbase has imposter syndrome on behalf of the club.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

You are right, and Ill take that too. However points do represent an outward metric to show us how far we have come. For a nerd like me it means a lot Im afraid :(

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I don't think there's many other fans calling us negative for airing on the side of caution and taking it game by game.

The problem is the Arsenal fans who are calling other fans negative because they haven't booked time of work already to see the open top bus parade with the title in June.

We've been in this situation many times before though.

I can understand younger fans who haven't been through this situation before getting excited, I don't blame them but I think a lot of us have been scared many times before when we've started to believe and don't want to go through that again.

There's a small part of me that thinks ''Yeah, but what if this is our season'' but it's the hope that always kills you :lol:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We've been in this situation many times before though.

I can understand younger fans who haven't been through this situation before getting excited, I don't blame them but I think a lot of us have been scared many times before when we've started to believe and don't want to go through that again.

There's a small part of me that thinks ''Yeah, but what if this is our season'' but it's the hope that always kills you :lol:
Exactly my thinking. Too many disappointments over the last 10 years or so. Near misses. Stupid results. Games that were easy on paper that we couldn't possibly lose, only to lose them and then go and beat likes of Chelsea away or something.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You are right, and Ill take that too. However points do represent an outward metric to show us how far we have come. For a nerd like me it means a lot Im afraid :(
Yeah but at the same time if our rivals are also getting more points what does it really show us? That we have improved but so has everyone else.

We've had our best start ever. But so had Sp**s. And City are still within touching distance. Even United, despite having played a lot more difficult opponents than us, are only 8 points adrift, which we know with 28 games to go isn't much.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Exactly my thinking. Too many disappointments over the last 10 years or so. Near misses. Stupid results. Games that were easy on paper that we couldn't possibly lose, only to lose them and then go and beat likes of Chelsea away or something.

Yep, for us to win the league this season. I'd have it down as the second biggest upset of the PL era ( still a long way off Leicester though)

We'd need a season pretty much clear of medium term injuries to any of our key players, Man City to drop off quite a bit form wise and find a way to keep our small squad pretty fresh while probably going deep in at 2-3 major competitions.

That's asking for a lot of good fortune.

TheDrunkenMaster

?

Winning at these places is only necessary for winning the league, not getting Top 4. In fact you could win at those places and still not get Top 4 by having atrocious form against lower half opponents. Those wins mean almost nothing in the race for Top 4.

Last year we didn't lose because of Tottenham.
We lost because of Palace, Brighton, Southhampton and Newcastle.

If we won those we'd been comfortably Top 4. Which is what we're doing this season.
That’s not true all we had to do was to not lose against Tottenham and we would have been in the champions league

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
That’s not true all we had to do was to not lose against Tottenham and we would have been in the champions league
Of course it's true, that's 12 much easier points than winning against Sp**s at their stadium we left on the table. Those are the points league's and Top 4's are lost and won by.

In their Centurion season City got rinsed by Liverpool. How much do you think they cared at the end?

Top Bottom