• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Well 538 also told us Hillary would become president in 2016, if their predictions were worth anything @farzad4daarse would be a sane and normal poster and not have his arse hanging out his avi.
No, they did not! They said she would become president with what +70% likelihood / chance of winning at the time.

They do not 'predict'. They state likelihoods of certain outcomes. Trust you understand the difference?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Taking 4th now is totally the wrong attitude. We are top of the league and God knows what will happen. Accepting 4th now is akin to wanting the European Super League! Guarantee some favourable outcome and money. No, let's go for as high as we can get! We are top of the league and let's try to stay there! If 538 gives us 10% chance I am happy to roll that dice any day!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Well 538 also told us Hillary would become president in 2016, if their predictions were worth anything @farzad4daarse would be a sane and normal poster and not have his arse hanging out his avi.
The polls got it right after the FBI opened a bogus 8 day email investigation in violation of their own policy right before the election to shank Hillary the polls were within margin of error. Putin’s whore only stole his election because of stupid FBI and espionage. But I am glad Trump won it exposed the true face of the animals I live among and gave me a cause. My cause is to make Trump, his party, and his supporters pay in a million little ways for their crimes. I saved a lot of money I used to give to charity and to hurricane disaster victims and can’t wait to sell up and pull every dollar out and never employ an ungrateful litigious parasite American ever again. Now till the day I die I will charge America and it’s awful people a small penalty for Trump. Now during Christmas when they ask me to give to local poor I flat laugh in their face at grocery store and walk out. I must finance my vampiric oppressors now the badly educated American?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I wouldn't mind Danilo, but I also don't think we should be signing more project players for TP's and the left 8 position.

Elneny is out the door in the summer, Xhaka might want to try life at a different club.

Just think we look primed to step up and signings should go along with that.
Normally I’d agree but we seem to be much much better at identifying and bedding in project players than “established” ones so I dunno…

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Taking 4th now is totally the wrong attitude. We are top of the league and God knows what will happen. Accepting 4th now is akin to wanting the European Super League! Guarantee some favourable outcome and money. No, let's go for as high as we can get! We are top of the league and let's try to stay there! If 538 gives us 10% chance I am happy to roll that dice any day!

I think its realistic actually.

Even if we remain completely fit and continue this form we're in until late in the season, I still dont think its enough to beat City. They are just clear this year.

Second, third or fourth is the same thing to me. So if the devil visits me tonight and asks me to sacrifice my soul for top four and 250m in the summer, then Im in.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Normally I’d agree but we seem to be much much better at identifying and bedding in project players than “established” ones so I dunno…

Prefacing this by saying I like the player, but do we need another Sambi?

I don't mind Danilo in a vaccuum, but if we are somehow within a shout of challening for the title, you have to try and go a bit bigger.

Again, the profile has been good overall, but you can see the transformation ready made players in Zinchenko and Jesus have done.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Prefacing this by saying I like the player, but do we need another Sambi?

I don't mind Danilo in a vaccuum, but if we are somehow within a shout of challening for the title, you have to try and go a bit bigger.

Again, the profile has been good overall, but you can see the transformation ready made players in Zinchenko and Jesus have done.
Fair. I think my bias toward young uns coming good has completely distorted my judgement

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I think its realistic actually.

Even if we remain completely fit and continue this form we're in until late in the season, I still dont think its enough to beat City. They are just clear this year.

Second, third or fourth is the same thing to me. So if the devil visits me tonight and asks me to sacrifice my soul for top four and 250m in the summer, then Im in.
I don’t think 2nd is the same as 4th… not for the players at least. 2nd will have them believing they can achieve something real the next season and they will give it their all.

4th is just par. It won’t do much to elevate the players into “mentality monsters”. If our aim is to win this damn thing then 2nd is a huge stepping stone.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t think 2nd is the same as 4th… not for the players at least. 2nd will have them believing they can achieve something real the next season and they will give it their all.

Was that the case for Ole's Utd? 4th is 4th for me.

If Arsenal stay in the title race until the end that's completely different mind.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Was that the case for Ole's Utd? 4th is 4th for me.

If Arsenal stay in the title race until the end that's completely different mind.
Yeah so when I say 2nd what I really mean is the journey as much as the destination- assuming we get there bossing most games like we have been, very much unlike Ole’s utd.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Yeah so when I say 2nd what I really mean is the journey as much as the destination- assuming we get there bossing most games like we have been, very much unlike Ole’s utd.

Sure, but some context is missing. Utd finished 2nd, made some big signings with talks of title contenders. Look at them now.

Chelsea won Champions league, made some big signings with talks of title contenders. Look at them now.

I think Arsenal’s potential is largely based on the transfer window they have, rather than where they finish much like the above examples.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’d take 4th like a shot. An injury to Jesus, a bottle job like last year and it all unravels. We need CL football or KSE can’t sustain their massive spend on players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sure, but some context is missing. Utd finished 2nd, made some big signings with talks of title contenders. Look at them now.

Chelsea won Champions league, made some big signings with talks of title contenders. Look at them now.

I think Arsenal’s potential is largely based on the transfer window they have, rather than where they finish much like the above examples.
That shows how a one good season can be very misleading. Sustained top 4 is incredibly difficult. How Arsène made it look so easy on his spend is a wonder to rival the 7 wonders of the world.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

That shows how a one good season can be very misleading. Sustained top 4 is incredibly difficult.

It’s nuts how the marquee signing can swing it for a manager, often doing more harm than good.

Sancho and Ronaldo didn’t help Ole,
Lukaku didn’t help Tuchel,
Nunez is looking like it will cost Klopp,

Meanwhile Arteta got Jesus. I do think huge transfers will be phased out by clubs, it’s a source of ridicule nowadays more than anything else and fans prefer a bargain first teamer to brag about.

There are fewer huge money signings that have gone right.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What's a prediction (or forecast as they call it themselves) other than stating the likelihood you think certain outcomes have?
My understanding is that a prediction is saying something will happen versus a forecast is stating a likelihood of a certain outcome.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

My understanding is that a prediction is saying something will happen versus a forecast is stating a likelihood of a certain outcome.
Semantics bro… if any event has a likelihood over 50% then it’s by definition a prediction. It’s just probably more nuanced and well thought out than your average prediction

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I voted yes because the squad doesn't have sufficient depth and we don't have our best reserves to call on. It's all about the future of the club. CL helps us extend our best players and sign better ones. We need it now as much as we ever have post Highbury. Atm, I think we look like being able to do better but any loss of some crucial first teamers will hit us hard. The experience of CL qualification for this generation will also be vital. And I miss the CL music at Emirates.

I was expecting top8 battle, top4 is good. I don't really care where we end up. 10th or 2nd. We are playing enjoyable football. It's all that matters.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just settling for 4th...

...we have come a long way, baby.

Top Bottom