• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

Bucephalus

"No. This is a legit if unlikely title chase."

"Yes, I'll take fourth, and move the project along."

I'll decide tomorrow afternoon..

buckley17

You take 4th for sure. We need the increased revenue and reputational boost of being in the Champions League - at this point it is the key barometer of success for this season. Saliba is more likely to re-sign and more new players will consider joining Arsenal. With so many teams competing for for top 4 - United possibly getting better under Ten Haag as the season progresses, Newcastle looking to be coming on strong, Sp**s under Conte, Liverpool getting back to form and Chelski nicking a spot under Potter and with the All Star douche spending big in January - there are no guarantees for Arsenal right now even with the strong start.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would take 4th at the start of the season.

But expectations changes with circumstances. It would be pretty disappointing to only end 4th now considering how much of a headstart we have.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I just can't see this team keeping up with City, we would need our 2004 squad to do that.

And there isn't really any difference to 2nd-3rd-4th, bar some little bragging rights...not like back in the day when 4th went into the qualifiers, or 3rd and 4th before that.

We BADLY need Champions League this season, think it will either make or break this team...you have to take 4th, imo.

Would prefer 5th and Europa win though still, if that was on offer.

AmsterdamGunner

Would take top 4 right now, there are still a lot of strong teams for top 4 and the World Cup will have a big influence on the results in the Premier League. Champions League is most important right now i think, we still have a young team that has to improve a lot.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Good question.

We aren’t going to win the league but finishing 2nd is completely within our grasp.
Arteta’s positional play principles looks like we’ll dominate a lot of games going forward.

Title challengers win the big games regularly. That’s the next step for us.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
If we beat City home and away, we can win the league, a big ask but we may need to given how unstoppable they are this season.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I only really care about getting back in the Champo this season because it will massively kick the project along

But we are clearly in the title and who knows what could happen (or happen to Haaland) so I'd like us to stay in the fight

Halend

It's still early enough in the season where if you offered 4th i would still take it.

Now if we are still here in February that's a different story.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Dont think we are in a title race to be honest. Its far too early, and we dont have a title challenging track record anymore, haven't had that record for a decade.

Sp**s were top of the table after 8-9 games a couple seasons ago. Same with Chelsea, who were top of the table this time last season. Both teams were nowhere near the title towards the end.

I think title race talk can start at the end of January, looking at our position and what we have done in the transfer market.

Right now we are looking good for a top four spot and more so the closer we get to 40 points this half season, and that should remain our focus. I'm glad Arteta also sees it that way, focusing on the here and now, remaining focused.

Vanpayslip

Yes, I would take 4th. The squad is very small and it will begin to burn out at some point just like it did last season. We will have bad patches because we are way to early in the squad build and probably have a full 11 plus a few good players. No where near the numbers needed to sustain any kind of serious run.

Tom Mix

If we are not in a title race, then nobody is and that includes City.

We are top of the league. Yes, it's only 9 games but it was 8 the week before and 7 before that. It's a quarter of the season, to put it into perspective, that's no longer the product of a couple of freak results. In all competitions we have played 11 and won 10. That is title-winning form.

Whether we can keep it up is an entirely different matter but at the moment of course we are in a title race and it is disrespectful - and bordering on lunatic - to think, as some do, that Liverpool who are 14 points behind us already are somehow likelier to win the league than us just because they've been ahead of us for a few years. Graveyards all over the world are packed with former champions.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we are not in a title race, then nobody is and that includes City.

We are top of the league. Yes, it's only 9 games but it was 8 the week before and 7 before that. It's a quarter of the season, to put it into perspective, that's no longer the product of a couple of freak results. In all competitions we have played 11 and won 10. That is title-winning form.

Whether we can keep it up is an entirely different matter but at the moment of course we are in a title race and it is disrespectful - and bordering on lunatic - to think, as some do, that Liverpool who are 14 points behind us already are somehow likelier to win the league than us just because they've been ahead of us for a few years. Graveyards all over the world are packed with former champions.

I would back myself to keep up with Usain Bolt for the first 20m of a 100m sprint. Means nothing.

City are in a title race, with themselves.

As crazy as that sounds its the reality IMO. No team, other than Liverpool have the track record and experience to keep up with this team. And thus history and current form would dictate its City's to lose rather than anyone else's to gain.

Week 9 is still nothing more than an excellent, record challenging start to the season. Yes, that's title winning form. Whether that converts to the consistency needed for a title race is what we need more time for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom