• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you sign for 4th now?

Would you sign for 4th now?

• Yes

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This season has been brilliant so far bar the United match. And some fans are getting carried away and talking about titles, which is absolutely fine. Much rather talking about titles than relegation.

For me the only must this season is qualifying for the CL. It is so important for the next step and getting better players, renewing contacts etc.

So basically the question is would you sign for 4th now? Or would you rather roll the dice for 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This season has been brilliant so far bar the United match. And some fans are getting carried away and talking about titles, which is absolutely fine. Much rather talking about titles than relegation.

For me the only must this season is qualifying for the CL. It is so important for the next step and getting better players, renewing contacts etc.

So basically the question is would you sign for 4th now? Or would you rather roll the dice for 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

If signing for 4th means getting it now, then Im signing baby.

I have a question in return for you though. I think the general consensus is that Arteta's head is on the line if we dont make top 4 this season. Do we consider moving that criteria up, to finishing 3rd or 2nd if we bottle those positions later on in the season but still finish 4th?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'd take 4th.

Deeper squad with a more encouraging history of significant business in January I'd have more to think about, but going by what I can see you'd have to take 4th.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of course that what we targeting i respect everyone who dreaming to win the league but man city are in other planet right now. So first get CL

Last edited:

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Yes. Aim for 4th & anything better is a nice bonus.

After last season awful start, we nearly scraped 4th, & we were a win away from doing it. This season we look much stronger & other teams looking a bit iffy, we need to really make the most of this.

The thing we didnt have last season is ability to kill off games & take chances, & we look to have changed that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If signing for 4th means getting it now, then Im signing baby.

I have a question in return for you though. I think the general consensus is that Arteta's head is on the line if we dont make top 4 this season. Do we consider moving that criteria up, to finishing 3rd or 2nd if we bottle those positions later on in the season but still finish 4th?
For me Arteta stays if he finishes in the top 4 or if he finishes 5th (maybe a bad run of injuries or there were like 4-5 points separating the 2-5th positions and we just missed out) and wins the EL.

5th and no EL and I'd say its probably time to move on. 3-4 years and about 20 players and you should meet some conservative expectations (top 4).

Pop Tart

Established Member
The target for arteta is 4th in terms of the leauge. Otherwise its failure. In terms of the way the we have started and the all round performances amd players we have I think we should be aiming higher.

I love if we could win the title bur man City are something else anyway and even more now with haaland. Also we are still a team learnings and growing. I do think 2nd is possible. Not as crazy as it sounds

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
From what I've seen now, 4th would be a good achievement but an ultimately disappointing one.

We're the best team not named city atm, a lot people are tipping us for 2nd spot. But yeah, I'd take 4th if offered now. Anything can happen down the line. A Partey and Saka injury and we're back in the dark days of last season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Regular soccer fans like you and me have more faith in Arteta than Artetasexuals themselves smh

Guys in here think either Potter or a Conte that they don't rate at all will finish above him???? Have more faith in Slick Mik guys.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

From what I've seen now, 4th would be a good achievement but an ultimately disappointing one.

We're the best team not named city atm, a lot people are tipping us for 2nd spot. But yeah, I'd take 4th if offered now. Anything can happen down the line. A Partey and Saka injury and we're back in the dark days of last season.

Precisely like the famous quote goes:
Reach for the stars. And if you don't grab 'em at least you'll fall of top of the world.
Think about it. Cause if you slip, I'm gonna fall on top of your girl!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

No, I want more than 4th. I didn't like the poll we had before the season started either where there wasn't an option for anything higher than 4th. Let's see where this journey takes us. I know a title is a real long shot but I trust Arsène and he thinks we are the 2nd best team in the league. And if the Norwegian freak gets injured who knows?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Simple answer is no.

The ambitions of the club should be revised imo. 4th should have been something we were aspiring for last season and we were 2 points behind Sp**s who got (71 points), we should be looking more towards the 85 points mark this season with this current bunch that’s if we don’t bring in any other signings in January and then building from there next season. I doubt that’ll be enough to win the PL especially with how Haaland is playing.

No Steady Eddies around here. We’ve got to put all our chips on red and hope for the best.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Prior to Sp**s game I might of taken it. Now no, getting more ambitious we should aim not just top 4 but finish above Sp**s and either the Europa or domestic cup trophy.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Guys in here think either Potter or a Conte that they don't rate at all will finish above him???? Have more faith in Slick Mik guys.
marco-verratti-bros.jpg

Same energy here, sickening stuff.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Still very early days. Our results against the 'big' teams like Liverpool etc will be massive. Ok we beat Sp*rs but we lost against a poor Utd.

Our games are coming thick & fast & we need to manage the squad effectively so big players dont get burnt out or injured.

Top Bottom