• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you stick by AW if he was involved in the bung probe?

Jaden

Number8 said:
Jaden said:
I just don't care even if AW really involved. 8)

In real world only that 90 minutes play is "Sports" or "Soccer" (if it's real competition and u know what I mean), other than that: "Business", "Entertainment", "Gambling", "Dirty Politics" or whatever u name it.

I believe AW should formally get at least 20% commission from Arsenal on players trading. His ability to turn nobody to superstar and buy low sell high skill is just amazing.

Stand by AW no matter what.

No club would give a manager a commision for player trading, it just encourages them to break up the team, make the cash and bolt right out of there. And also managers like Fergusson would be bankrupt if this were the case.
Exactly, the point is about wenger's contribution. The club earned big profits from players trading due to wenger's talent, the talent which managers like Fergusson and Mourinho have not, they have the talent to tear the club apart.

Nutsy

Established Member
ultimus said:
why not?

as long as he keeps us at top of the table, and winning trophies left and right. who cares?

Ultimus you quack! How could you say that?! You really want the rest of the clubs to think us one of the cheats? for God's sakes, we're not CHELSEA! we play beautiful football mate. and if AW will just accused, i'll stick by him until Proven Guilty. :)

Mulberry21

I would stick by AW if he ate babies.

Kidding. I'd be disappointed in him, I guess. Honestly, I can see this question being asked in regards to, say, Moaninho, but when it comes to Arsène my brain can't really process even the hypothesis. He's not just "our manager" or "a great manager", he's extremely intelligent, respectable and honest. So this question really can't be answered. I get the idea behind it, though. It's just that it doesn't apply to AW.

JMT

always. no matter what we always stick by wenger. hes the boss. i have full trust in him. Wenger is the man who got us where we are today. today we are recognised to be top 5 teams in europe. before wenger we would be lucky if we where top 30. always stick by wenger.

tduffell

Arsène wouldn't do it but even if he did i would still stick by him. he has stuck with us all this time and done so much for him i would stick by him. but its pointless talking about it as it'l be mourinho.
Also wenger is far to particular about his players to just take any guy whos agent is offering a bung. it aint like him. wenger would go hunting for a player and wouldnt need a bung to persuade him to buy a player. he would just get a player for the benefit of the club nothing else.
But just to state again i would defo stand by him. the legend.

highbury_boy

yes i would definately stick by him hes probably one of the top mangers in the world and just because he has recieved some cash from agents doesnt make him a bad manager.

Biggus

Established Member
I would stick by him as I am certain it would be a pack of lies from a greedy ex-player or agent, or a stitch up by some dirt digging blow-fly from the media.

RC8

Established Member
I would stick by him, as I trust him. I would trust his word, and if he says he is innocent, innocent he is.

We owe him some trust, and if we were to believe everything on the media, or even in the courts, we would be all paranoids who think the killer god has prepared for us, is hiding in the next corner.

It's just like when we were accused of owning a part of Beveren (wasn't it?) at the end of last season... one thing is being involved in a scandal, another thing is being found guilty, in which case I will simply declare myself neutral on the issue.

Biggus

Established Member
RC8 said:
one thing is being involved in a scandal, another thing is being found guilty, in which case I will simply declare myself neutral on the issue.

Heh heh you could always say "I zid not see ze incident" :)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People often say Arsène buys cheap players. If is possible Arsène can get money from signing cheap players? Use some brain.
If Arsène could take bung from signing Rosicky, why the club signed the Czech only at 6m? How much could Arsène get? A bag of chips? Jesus! Arsène signed Cesc almost for free (despite atthe expense of loaned Bronkhorst). Does this transfer sound like leechable for a bung-taker? Besides Arsène doesn't have a son acting as agent.

Dougan17

if he was implicated and all the evidence was there to convict him of it, I'd have to say I wouldn't stand by him. It's not the kind of thing that belongs in football and it's the extra money and the frivolous waste of it that's led to the death of football for many clubs and areas. I can't support someone who supports that.

junialum

Same here. But I'm pretty much sure that Arsenal and Wenger are very careful afterall we experienced this bung thingie first with G.G.

Farmario

To be honest, I don't believe that many clubs in England will be free of corruption. Look at us with the whole thing with Bevren, apparantly owning shares in the club. I know we were cleared in the end, but who knows what happens under the table?
Everyone knows chelsea are corrupt, they have tapped up cashey, about 4 young leeds players and nathan porritt from middlesbrough. There was also the problem with john obi mikel.
Bolton and sam allardyce were shown to be corrupt by the bbc.
no-one knows what happened when west ham brought in tevez and maschereno, how could they afford them?

As long as angents, cheif executvies, managers and scouts want more money or the likes of roman abramovic want success at any price, there will always be corruption in the game.

I can totally understand the views of Arsène that foreign investors are bad for the english game.

However I have total sympathy for harry redknapp, who only said to the agent that he would be interested in signing Andy Todd. No figures were mentioned.

lagos

Established Member
first of all let me say I think it is very unlikely he will be involved in such activities. besides the obvious - all my friends who support other teams will have something to poke fun about, I really wouldn't care!!

hey c'mon it hasn't affected my view of george graham!!

Sam is different 'cos I never liked him!

lil_Rosicky7

i duno...i wuld be dissapoointed in him if he did...but i wuld have to stick by him...is nt everday u get a manager lyk Arsène hez great..and we know that he will NEVER take a bung....he sed in an interview he has never been approched with a bung...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i heard sam and jol went to the hospital for anal probe...

oh... this thread is about bung probe?

sorry... syhhh keep the story at a very minimal distribution...

back on the topic:

hmm... it would be very frustrating if Arsène is found guilty to be involved in this whole bung thingy...

but as they say, you are innocent until you are found guilty...

and i believe in Arsène...

Top Bottom