• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would You Support Move For Rio

_scorpion_

Established Member
There are better CB's on the market at the price range we would have to pay to get him. Above all that though - he is a ******.

lewdikris

Established Member
A ******, and a ****** who can't head the ball to save his life. Best CB on the deck in the business, but a liability in the air increasingly.

sabret00the

Established Member
the thing with rio, though a frog faced bastard, he's good at his job, and to say that just because he wants 120k a week at manure that he'd want that here is just stupid, everyone understands that different clubs have different pay structures, i mean he couldn't even begin to think that he'd be paid more than henry.

Sol + 10m = Rio?

asajoseph

Established Member
Accroding to Tribalfootball ( :lol: ) he's leaving to the highest bidder. If this were the case, my money would be on Milan, needing someone the right side of 30 in their defence...

vin de guerre

Rio is:
a) a wet girl's blouse
b) a cry baby
c)a bed wetter
d) a criminal
e) a druggy
f) a w@nker

So yeh I reckon we should offer Manure a fews beeds and a joint for him!

A

Anonymous

My mum would play better in the centre of our defence than this prick, certainly not even for £10m!!!

He's a ******, who is only good at having videos of himself ****ing women, forgetting drugs tests and getting punched at a swedish nightclub.

there is no way we should stop the development of senderos or kolo for that matter to buy this arrogant i want £120k a week when i dont deserve £50k a week mancunian-wannabe dickhead.

Thank you, excuse my extreme anger but he is a real tosser who i just would never tolerate, and buying him would be a step down for our clubs pride. 8)

A

Anonymous

LMAO, sorry mate, i just get too passionate about football sometimes, even though i shouldn't really :eek:ops: :mrgreen:

gunner_down_under

LOL....that's some serious passion vavagoon!!....if it helps the therapy at all, i dont think he's in any hurry to come to Arsenal!

Zico

Established Member
there is no room at arsenal for ungrateful buggers. alex ferguson stood by this man when he conveniently missed a drugs test. the team paid him while he was on his hiatus and even promised to make him captain in future. then he holds them ransom to the most ridiculous wage demand. shortly thereafter he's schooled by duncan ferguson and gets caught up in a bar brawl. if we wanted all this drama we would've kept pennant. certainly would be cheaper!

anyway, let's not stop at rio. let's get christiano ronaldo and rooney while we're at it. i think ferguson hates glazer enough to sell all of his best players at a discount. hell, throw in ruud while you're at it.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
No. Far too expensive.

Furthermore I agree with vavagoon's comments on Rio & think everybody, who wants Arsenal to consider signing Rio, needs a straitjacket.

invisibleman18

Established Member
asajoseph said:
OneteaminLondon said:
Do we need him?

I don't think we do. The defence has been generally strong over the last two year, the opening months of this season aside.

We don't need him? That's like saying we don't 'need' to improve the team. That what we have has reached such a pinnacle of excellence that it can not possibly be surpassed.

No, we don't need better players. But you can be damn sure that IF we had Rio Ferdinand in the squad, we'd be a better team because of it. He's a world class player that WOULD make an improvement on the Arsenal team. Plain and simple.

so in the beckham thread in the transfers section you are saying you care that hes an ex manc, but wouldnt care for ferdinand?

Aussie

Established Member
Wouldnt piss on Rio if he was on fire.

A total ******. Quite overated and dumb as a doorknob.

Honestly who the **** speeds to overtake a cop car?

asajoseph

Established Member
Two different questions. I'm sick of people naming world class players and then stating incredibly naively that we 'don't need them' because we've got some unproven talent. For example, I was told by some gooner the other day that we don't need van Bommel because we have Flamini. There seems to be some kind of assumption that every player in the Arsenal youth and reserve set up will one day make the team, and be better than every single other player in that position in the world. That simply isn't the case.

I was responding, I believe, to a point made regarding footballing talent alone. If it were down to that, I'd take Ferdinand in an instant, and he'd be straight into the first team.

If the question was 'do I LIKE Rio Ferdinand', the answer would be no, of course not. The fact that he's a manc is enough for me to dislike him, however his footballing talent would certainly be enough to override that factor alone. The fact that he brings all that extra baggage may put me off him.

So it is with Beckham - the fact that he's an ex-manc is just one factor of many why I don't want Beckham at AFC. If it was the only factor, and I thought he was any good on the pitch, then it might be a different story. But the fact is, David Beckham is my single most hated footballer EVER (apart from Van Nistelrooy), and him being an ex-manc is just one contributing factor of many.

A

Anonymous

LOL....that's some serious passion vavagoon!!....if it helps the therapy at all, i dont think he's in any hurry to come to Arsenal!
well, thats a relief, thank god for that!!!

seb_afc

Established Member
yes hes a ****** and a bad infulence on people but theres no denying that he is a good defender...except when it comes to heading... :roll:

th14fan

I want to know if and who knows about a defender from FC Anderlect named Vincent Kompany. He is suppose to be a real gem and plays centre back. He would be very cheap too. I believe that he is only 19 or 20.

quattro

asajoseph said:
Two different questions. I'm sick of people naming world class players and then stating incredibly naively that we 'don't need them' because we've got some unproven talent. For example, I was told by some gooner the other day that we don't need van Bommel because we have Flamini. There seems to be some kind of assumption that every player in the Arsenal youth and reserve set up will one day make the team, and be better than every single other player in that position in the world. That simply isn't the case.
wrong.

you are looking at things from purely the perspective of the team as a playing unit which IMO is unrealistic. i want to stay on topic and make this purely about rio ferdinand so the following arguments will be directed at that.

1. he will be very expensive to buy and maintain. this is a critical assumption in the argument obviously because not taking this into consideration will be thoroughly unrealistic. for this reason alone, we dont "need" him.

2. he has a track record for off-pitch tomfoolery. yes we've had some ourselves, which is all the more reason we have to stay away from him.

3. we have senderos and toure. you will go again with the argument "but thats like saying we dont NEED to improve the team". given that ferdinand is a better player than senderos or toure, you may have a point but looking at what it will cost us, i disagree. i'd rather look at the NET effect, not just the obvious possible improvement on the pitch.

I was responding, I believe, to a point made regarding footballing talent alone. If it were down to that, I'd take Ferdinand in an instant, and he'd be straight into the first team.
and i doubt anyone would disagree with you based on this PURELY.

but we know better now dont we?

net effect. for all your pontifications on how naive others are here for not thinking we "need" ferdinand despite his obvious and proven performance on the pitch, it looks like its you who is being myopic in always placing the argument into very limited and unrealistic parameters in order to prove your point.

if we use your view that we "need" ferdinand purely because he is a great defender, we can then also conclude that we "need" shevchenko, adriano, nesta, puyol, ronaldinho etc... all because they are great talents as well that will "improve" us.

a rather "naive" way to look at things no different from all those comical dream lineups we have at the transfer forum dont you think?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom