• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you take Ivan Gazidis back?

Would you prefer Ivan or Raúl?

• Total voters

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A few months ago this question would have been ridiculous but now, it's a debatable question.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This guy ****ed up replacing Wenger. Hired a bunch of guys like Raul and Sven with completely different philosophies. When he started to get more control and pushed statDNA we wasted huge amounts of money in the transfer market. He appointed Emery after talking about needing a progressive manager who promotes youth. He jumped off the sinking ship then and left others to clean up the mess he left behind.

To pretend this guy was nothing short of awful is ridiculous revisionism. I can understand people maybe saying Emery wasnt that bad or stuff like that but this guy was hugely responsible for our initial downfall. Just because the guys who replaced him are awful doesn't mean we should pretend that Ivan was even remotely competent because believe me he wasn't.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This guy ****ed up replacing Wenger. Hired a bunch of guys like Raul and Sven with completely different philosophies. When he started to get more control and pushed statDNA we wasted huge amounts of money in the transfer market. He appointed Emery after talking about needing a progressive manager who promotes youth. He jumped off the sinking ship then and left others to clean up the mess he left behind.

To pretend this guy was nothing short of awful is ridiculous revisionism. I can understand people maybe saying Emery wasnt that bad or stuff like that but this guy was hugely responsible for our initial downfall. Just because the guys who replaced him are awful doesn't mean we should pretend that Ivan was even remotely competent because believe me he wasn't.

Also dont forget that is was Gazidis who laid the groundwork for Arteta ultimately joining the club. Although to be fair to Ivan, he and many of us were excited by what Mikel would bring to the club I suppose.

The management of Wenger's exit was shameful, as far back as his contract extension after the FA Cup win. The club didnt want to back him, and when he didnt maintain his high standards thereafter, were quick to send him packing. Then Ivan decides to jump ship soon thereafter.

Ivan was terrible on the balance of things IMO.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure because we don't know who was making signing back then and who was targeting players if it was all on wenger then yeah Ivan deserve 2nd chance but his contract negotiations were so poor. also at Milan he working with 2 very knowledgeable people in Maldini and Massara unlike when he was here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Ivan Gazidis Is a ****ing coward that chose to **** off to Milan for (admittedly) a boat load of money while being able to remain the same cheap, commercially and footballistically incompetent executive that he is.

But hey, since it's Italy and clubs are all broke and no one makes money With football, teams are none the wiser.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I raise you with this:

50cc943f4160466d806c438a40b782f3.jpg

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Ivan Gazidis Is a ****ing coward that chose to **** off to Milan for (admittedly) a boat load of money while being able to remain the same cheap, commercially and footballistically incompetent executive that he is.

But hey, since it's Italy and clubs are all broke and no one makes money With football, teams are none the wiser.
Finally agree with you on something.

G*z*d*s is a f*cking clown and the man most responsible for our downfall. He gets three asterisks instead of Em*ry's one.

This thread is a disgrace.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, and we would've also never gotten stuck with Arteta, as he was the one who wanted Mikel in the first place.

What a **** show eh?
Maybe or maybe not, he chose Em*ry over Arteta in the end, and Raül was the one who went for Miki when Gazidis was gone.

So yeah, given the facts--G*z*d*s chose Em*ry over Arteta, Raül hired Arteta when G*z*d*s was gone--I wouldn't give G*z*d*s much credit for the fact our fortunes as a club have greatly improved (undeniable, without getting into all the statistical analysis which I've done and only adds more context to how badly Em*ry sunk the club, as we have gone from the 8th Em*ry left us in after picking us up in 5th to 5th again) since the man he chose sunk the club to its deepest abyss in recent memory.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Maybe or maybe not, he chose Em*ry over Arteta in the end, and Raül was the one who went for Miki when Gazidis was gone.

So yeah, given the facts--G*z*d*s chose Em*ry over Arteta, Raül hired Arteta when G*z*d*s was gone--I wouldn't give G*z*d*s much credit for the fact our fortunes as a club have greatly improved (undeniable, without getting into all the statistical analysis which I've done and only adds more context to how badly Em*ry sunk the club, as we have gone from the 8th Em*ry left us in after picking us up in 5th to 5th again) since the man he chose sunk the club to its deepest abyss in recent memory.

Jesus, dude, how long does it take you to change the spelling on every. single. name.?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

Well, Emery's first season at the club is still better than anything Arteta has done since.....

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Well, Emery's first season at the club is still better than anything Arteta has done since.....
It's really not, unless you believe a manager controls luck. But any person with any sanity whatsoever can see that Arteta's 21-22 season is FAR superior to Em*ry's 18-19. It's better in every single way except PTS (which even then, Em*ry wins by one).

This without adding the context of where the club was picked up at (Arteta picked it up on a 52.6 pts / 46.7 xpts pace left by Em*ry, Em*ry picked it up on a 63 pts and 65 xPTS left by Wenger). But yeah.

It's literally hilarious that there's even debate about this on this forum, it's a great discredit to the intellectual level of this forum, tbh.

To repeat:

undeniable, without getting into all the statistical analysis which I've done and only adds more context to how badly Em*ry sunk the club, as we have gone from the 8th Em*ry left us in after picking us up in 5th to 5th again

Honestly, without getting into the statistical analysis which only gives more context and paints an even more clearer picture, what is actually debatable about the bolded, lol?

Yet you still have this weird contradiction / alternative reality going on here...

In short, one can only defer to the objective evidence, and not get bogged down arguing about things that aren't actually arguable or worth arguing between any two reasonable people. Which is why I compiled all that evidence in that post. Mikel Arteta: 36 More Months :)

Latest posts+

Top Bottom