• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

• Total voters

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Might be a weird question but was thinking about the insane games Sp**s had in that run. The Ajax drama, the insanity of the City games. And they got to a final on the biggest stage.

On the other hand our most recent FA cup win felt a bit deflated as I remember, even if we beat good opposition. Might be because of the empty arenas I don’t really recall it as an exhilarating experience.

On the one hand, a trophy is a trophy. On the other hand, the moments in the champions league, moments of drama and late ecstasy must be as thrilling as it can be for a supporter. So what do you say? And I don’t mean that Sp**s get a fa cup in this exchange, just that we trade the recent cup with the exact same champions run.

Am I weird for thinking like this or do I get your point across

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Nah you're not weird. I feel like the Arteta FA cup is the ****tiest out of the lot due to the overarching situation. I would trade that for a CL final run in a heartbeat tbh.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Nah you're not weird. I feel like the Arteta FA cup is the ****tiest out of the lot due to the overarching situation. I would trade that for a CL final run in a heartbeat tbh.

Well you can't trade it, mate.

Arteta has won the FA cup and there is nothing you can do to change it!

UpTheGunnerz

Better to have a feeling than nothing at all no? Like UTG, I didn't feel the same excitement as 2014 & 2015.

And we have a carbon copy of the 2020 cup (basically) in the 2017 one. But more exciting

To have that Amsterdam moment in 2019 would have brought so much energy into me as a supporter i feel

Riou

I understand what he means.

I am obviously hurt by the final in Paris, but the run to get there still fills me with pride and some great memories...Henry's solo goal v Madrid, Fabregas getting the better of Vieira, Lehmann saving the pen in the semi...has been a while since we were last in it, and longer when we felt we even had a realistic chance to win it.

Guess it's a case of wanting to see Arsenal compete with and beat the best, something that hasn't happened for a while, fans want to see that again.

Because we have won the FA Cup so much, can understand wanting to trade 1 of them, tbh.

I would always go with winning a trophy though.

Riou

@UpTheGunnerz

You should have picked repeating our 2006 run, rather than trading it for Sp**s 2019 run.

Feel the way the poll is worded will make Arsenal fans feel a little dirty.

UpTheGunnerz

@UpTheGunnerz

You should have picked repeating our 2006 run, rather than trading it for Sp**s 2019 run.

Feel the way the poll is worded will make Arsenal fans feel a little dirty.

I don’t remember much of that run tbh, I was too busy listening to KISS to impress on a rocker chick in sixth grade

Remember Bernabeu tho

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Definitely... Winning FA cups leads you to nothing, none WC player goes with the FA cup winners. But reaching CL final actually gives you a lot of international name. Ask Borussia if they aren't in a much better position after that CL that put them in the eyes of the world again.

We need that more than a FA cup that only matters to the guys in the Island.

Riou

I don’t remember much of that run tbh, I was too busy listening to KISS to impress on a rocker chick in sixth grade

Remember Bernabeu tho

It was better than the Sp**s' one, imo.

We pretty much outplayed every team we played, except Villarreal away when they had us on the back foot to be fair to them...Sp**s were second best in every game, but still won all the ties, ffs!

Honestly thought they were gonna do a 2012 Chelsea, be **** and win it somehow.

Didn't even care that we got smashed in the Europa a week before that final, or missed out on Top 4 in the league...as I was basically a Liverpool fan, from after the Ajax match...was the weirdest/scariest period of my Arsenal fandom :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I guess if it happened now though we don't really have a team you'd think could go all the way in the CL whereas back then we did. Even then though that was a miracle run with the draw we got and the injuries we had.

Next season for example, I couldn't possibly turn down a run like that if you offered it me right now because I don't expect anything like that at this stage. Expectations are a bit different compared to back then. I'd still hate the idea of getting to a final and not coming away with the trophy though. It's the worst feeling in the world as a fan.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Definitely... Winning FA cups leads you to nothing, none WC player goes with the FA cup winners. But reaching CL final actually gives you a lot of international name. Ask Borussia if they aren't in a much better position after that CL that put them in the eyes of the world again.

We need that more than a FA cup that only matters to the guys in the Island.
What has Sp**s’ CL final lead them to? Lool

BIoodBrother

You want the emotions of someone else. Its like saying youd like to be smn else. Not healthy and smn already is it so be happy for them or envy if its your enemy but by putting yourself in their shoes you shouldnt deny anything you achieved.

That question has a helplessness to it. In a way you lose the fa cup in your mind by saying yes and you wont get the feeling that Sp**s had from moura after all.

If the question wouldve been a simple. Do you think that Sp**s fans felt more than what i felt at the fa cup thats a different thing but i wouldnt trade Sp**s a thing.
Its a non negotiable from my side.

Btw my most intense Arsenal moment was the Liverpool CL quarterfinal exit. I wouldnt trade that pain to anyone either. Its mine and its Arsenal fans pain

Latest posts+

Top Bottom