• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What has Sp**s’ CL final lead them to?

rB8ApF1C8n2AA62JABbzh5DEKK8427.png.webp

...I'm still jealous, tbh.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
What has Sp**s’ CL final lead them to? Lool
I give the example of Dortmund, but Sp**s give them money and I am sure it help them to keep players like son and Kane and get Conte. Only people on England see FA cup like a big trophy, outside in the world we only look for CL and domestic leagues. Players outside PL it's the same, they only care for CL

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I give the example of Dortmund, but Sp**s give them money and I am sure it help them to keep players like son and Kane and get Conte. Only people on England see FA cup like a big trophy, outside in the world we only look for CL and domestic leagues. Players outside PL it's the same, they only care for CL

Laca's FA cup medal, makes him a more successful player than pretty much all of Sp**s' players from that Champions League final defeat.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
As Tottenham did not Win the Champions League, I would say No. If we did trade an FA Cup, we would no longer be the Record FA Cup Winners.
Strangely enough, before Liverpool Won there first Premier League Trophy, I asked a Liverpool supporting friend of mine, would you swap one of Liverpool's European Cup/Champions League Trophy, for one of Arsenal's Premier League Trophies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Id trade reaching the quarters of the CL over an FA Cup run, forget reaching the finals. Clearing the first CL knockout round is something we haven't managed in 10 years whereas we've won the cup thrice in the same period.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Why the f*ck would a club that actually has a trophy case to speak of trade a trophy to fail in a CL final? Like what kind of backwards loser mindset is this? You never trade a trophy to fail. There's no such thing as glorious failure for a club of our stature, that only exists for little tinpot jokes like Tottenham. This is banworthy.

bergholt

This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen. Why the f*ck would a club that actually has a trophy case to speak of trade a trophy to fail in a CL final? Like what kind of backwards loser mindset is this? You never trade a trophy to fail. There's no such thing as glorious failure for a club of our stature, that only exists for little tinpot jokes like Tottenham. This is banworthy.

Which trophies are better than the CL Final, though? FA Cup? League Cup? Community Shield? Preseason Friendly Comp Cup?

Kav

Established Member
No not a single one. Why so we can go and lose in the final? What is the point of that. You’re literally asking people if the want to feel like a loser.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Definitely... Winning FA cups leads you to nothing, none WC player goes with the FA cup winners. But reaching CL final actually gives you a lot of international name. Ask Borussia if they aren't in a much better position after that CL that put them in the eyes of the world again.

We need that more than a FA cup that only matters to the guys in the Island.
Well sadd @yorch44 , totally agree, people underestimate the importance of advancing into later rounds of the CL for our advancement of the club. One of the reasons Wenger needed to go despite his success in the FA Cup in his latter years.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
They reached the final through a pathetic run of away goals and just about squeezing out their group.

No I would not trade for a trophy.
Exactly this.

It was an absolutely pathetic run up to the final. Should have been knocked out on multiple occasions. Ajax a **** club for that one. Fluked their way to the final.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Thankfully we play in England where trophies matter. Nothing better than winning a final. Wouldn't trade it for anything other than another trophy. Europa, PL, CL.

Look at the United players last night getting asked about 5 years without a trophy. It may not be a massive carrot for the mercenaries that play matches but long after they're gone fans that roll into offices, pubs or simply antagonising opposition fans (and media) long remember the success and failures.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny

Relax mate, it’s a thought experiment

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
No not a single one. Why so we can go and lose in the final? What is the point of that. You’re literally asking people if the want to feel like a loser.

You would feel like a loser for losing a CL final? I’m not sure that would be my main feeling.

But I have to agree with people writing that Sp**s run was quite flukey. Must say that changes it for me. Well pointed out

Top Bottom