• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

Would you trade one of our recent FA cups for Sp**s champions league run 18/19?

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

It's a bit of a strange question because (and thank f*ck this is the case) Sp*rs lost that final.

I don't think there's any universe where most fans would trade a physical trophy just for a CL run but loss in the final.

However if you were to ask something like would we trade an FA Cup for a redo of the 06 final (11 vs 11 with a competent ref), or a scenario like Sapient Hawk outlined I think that would produce more compelling conversation.

You could even pose the question like would we trade an FA Cup final for the 2019 CL Sp*rs run but we get to play the final out (so it's not already lost) and that would be more contentious.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Lol what? Would I endure another painful decade of what could've been instead of celebrating a sign of things to come with Tricky Micky's FA Cup win?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Winning a trophy is more important even if it's cup it's still a trophy all clubs in England compete to win it. And we the only team that win it the most and it's oldest cup competition in world so it's something should be proud of.

CL football is great but playing in it just to participate isn't fun clubs like ours should only play CL football when we have chance of reaching at least semi finals. Not go to knock out stages to get embarrassed everytime.

Also i won't trade anything to Sp**s I'll trade pablo Mari and Elneny for Kane.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think most managers and clubs would take a CL final run over a domestic cup though.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Would I exchange us winning something for us not winning something else..........Certainly not. I'm sure the money men at Arsenal would but I have no idea why a fan would want to.

I have no fond memories of the CL final against Barca. One of the worst memories for my time supporting Arsenal. Any good memories of that years CL run are tarnished by how it ended as far as I'm concerned.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Arteta getting to a CL final is the worst thing imaginable. Hell no
Trilly since Mikel turned things around

Snz2.gif

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I give the example of Dortmund, but Sp**s give them money and I am sure it help them to keep players like son and Kane and get Conte. Only people on England see FA cup like a big trophy, outside in the world we only look for CL and domestic leagues. Players outside PL it's the same, they only care for CL
I don’t care about the FA cup neither but being CL finalists is only what you make it. If it’s a complete one off, It really doesn’t make any difference

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not unless we had a clear run at Liverpool in the final. Last thing I need is to attend another a fifth European final where we lose…:lol:

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

They'd tear an FA Cup off us with their withered, limp and greasy fingers for their CL run if they could.

In a sense the question shows that the FA Cup is a regular trophy for us, something that remains a distant dream for them.

I'd take our CL run over theirs, but I'm not giving up any trophies. Bit envious of their Trofeo Costa del Sol from the 60s though.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Whilst i think its a silly question, logically if we were in the 18/19 final it meant Wenger either won the Europa League in 17/18 or finished top 4 and more than likely stays on. I wonder how many would give up tricky micky and his fa cup to see Wenger lead us into a CL final after winning a European trophy the previous year ... And wonder what could have been :lol:

Hmmm

Top Bottom