• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you wear a pink Arsenal shirt?

Would you wear a pink arsenal shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

reggiepaul

Rupert said:
Would I wear a pink shirt? Would I f**k! We're the boys in red and white!

OK, let me make is simpler for you.

What if your mum made the colours run in the wash and it came out pink would you be shocked and say "Hey mama, wa ya dun ti mi shirt, i an i will git nyaa punani eee hee"

To which your mum will reply "SHUDDUP!!" clipping you around the head "you wear dee shirt wid pride bwoy not for fee colour, nyaa git me some yam yams and sweet potato ya hee?"

The point is no matter what colour the club represent - you wear it, because it's arsenal!

Arsenal1989

reggiepaul said:
Rupert said:
Would I wear a pink shirt? Would I f**k! We're the boys in red and white!

OK, let me make is simpler for you.

What if your mum made the colours run in the wash and it came out pink would you be shocked and say "Hey mama, wa ya dun ti mi shirt, i an i will git nyaa punani eee hee"

To which your mum will reply "SHUDDUP!!" clipping you around the head "you wear dee shirt wid pride bwoy not for fee colour, nyaa git me some yam yams and sweet potato ya hee?"

The point is no matter what colour the club represent - you wear it, because it's arsenal!

LOL thats made it a bit simpler to me :lol:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I've neverworn an Arsenal kit in my life...

Why?

Habit; I don't associate wearing an Arsenal shirt with victory, luck or whatever cos I was never allowed one as a kid...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I do own hats, scarves,sweatshirts even pants... :|

And I buy my son the kit every year.

reggiepaul

Beany said:

Why?

Habit; I don't associate wearing an Arsenal shirt with victory, luck or whatever cos I was never allowed one as a kid...

So in your case beany would you wear the hat, scarves, sweatshirts, pants etc if they were pink?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

reggiepaul said:
Beany said:

Why?

So in your case beany would you wear the hat, scarves, sweatshirts, pants etc if they were pink?

Hell yeah!!

Tis my favourite colour anyways...

reggiepaul

kaids said:
no, because i have a fashion sense.

Sadly that over rides your "common" sense. Shirts aren't a fashion statement but a statement of passion!

So what you are saying is your love of clothes over rides your love of your team? OK, I can bag that.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
reggiepaul said:
kaids said:

Sadly that over rides your "common" sense. Shirts aren't a fashion statement but a statement of passion!

So what you are saying is your love of clothes over rides your love of your team? OK, I can bag that.
i dont equate my love of my team with wearing a jersey.

Alexone234

Hey Geordies have a nice Black and White striped shirt. Black and White stripes are very fashionable at the moment. Geordies wearing newcastle shirts are NOT fashionable regardless of the popularity of stripes this season (fashion not football)

This is because a football jersey has nothing to do with fashion (and that includeds CHAVS wearing their Brazil or Italy shirts with Evisu jeans)

reggiepaul

kaids said:
reggiepaul said:
kaids said:

i dont equate my love of my team with wearing a jersey.

You don't? :roll:

I think the question is then, where is the love?

Nothing to see here, move along.

You wear the shirt because you love the team. The shirt embodies something special about the team. An example of the teams greatness. When anyone has to begin to make excuses regarding fashion and ignorance towards these things it just looks like they are more interested in showing off rather than passion for the team.

The point is simple - there is no equating. There is no justification. You just do it. There are kids and people half way around the world who just want to wear the shirt. The national shirt or whichever shirt - because it is the shirt. A massive symbolic factor in football. It carries no logic, no thinking - you just wear it because it is the arsenal shirt. The shirt that every football team wears but this is distinctive because it's arsenal.

If you have to go towards depths of firstly looking at fashion and then later having to justify wearing the shirt has no meaning for you - well... how can 3 billion people be wrong when it comes to the love of your team springs to mind...

IW8

If we wore that horrible yellow strip with the dashes all over it (80's) then we couldn't really complain about wearing a pink strip! ;D

Jinn

Established Member
Sure, if it had white sleeves.

If it didn't, it'd be an away shirt, and I'd wear it still anyway.

I might not like it, but I'd wear it.

skart14

Well what about if you can't afford it.....wearing the jersey does not necessarily mean you are a true gooner(i.e. glory hunters..) and not wearing the shirt does not mean you don't love the club either...BTW i will wear the pink shirt anyways. 8)

A.Hussain

no , i would never wear a pink shirt unless am forced to do so. whether it be a gooner jersey or not. there are limits, even individual limits that are to be taken into consideration. for example i hate pale yellow, or purple color shirts and only wear them if my mum forces me to.

sure some folks find a fashion sense as a peer pressure. but more so it is a matter of accepting whether you feel comfortable about wearing it. its like asking a guy would u wear a mini skirt just cuz it has the arsenal badge on it or it was made by arsenal.

i know the analogy might be way off the mark, reggie, but u have to realise that for some people lookin good is also feelin a little more comfortable. its ok for some people to say wearing pink should not matter as long as it is arsenal. that is thier opinion and thier perspective shaped by thier experiences and acceptances. but there will be some individuals who, like me, will draw the line saying that i love the club and respect the club... and likewise respect myself as a result. i would not wear a pink shirt cuz i find it uncomfortable and out of my mode.

im not bashin u here reggie, that was ur opinion which i fully respect and understand. u have no problem with the color pink. i on the other hand, along with some other gooners dont like the color. if it is associated with something we cherish wholeheartedly, then using our intuition we acknowldege that it is beyond some of our boundaries.

mind u, wearing a jersey doesnt constitute being a better fan. it has an important economic value to the club and for those of u who would buy such a jersey, thank u for supporting our club. but the love for the club remains in our hearts, even if it is supposed to be of the color pink.

A

Anonymous

no, i didnt vote, but i wouldnt wear it either.
as much as the club mean to me, a pink shirt !! come on.
i have a bit of a reputation to keep and i dont think it would last if i turned up in a fluffy pink arsenal shirt.
i dont need the badge on my chest to prove im a gooner, i already have the cannon with AFC tattooed above my heart, so that means arsenal is always close to my heart.
a pink shirt is vile, and im afraid i would have to go into my wardrobe and pull out our old shirts to wear instead :wink:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom