• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you wear a pink Arsenal shirt?

Would you wear a pink arsenal shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GoonerLuke

Definitely would wear a pink Arsenal shirt. I think the Juve away jersey looks very nice this season with it's light pink color.

On another note, pink is making a comeback in the male fashion world. Why just last month I bought a pink shirt, and the compliments I've been receiving from the ladies far outway the obligatory male heckles.

skart14

reggiepaul said:
Simple question really.

Would you wear a pink arsenal shirt?

A shocking pink, kinda like a metallic pink car colour. It also has some horrid trimmings and fluffyness. In fact it scares kids when worn and carries a curse too.

Let's say Arsenal by some shock revelation decide to have their primary colour as pink and the shirt becomes a big blobby pink colour - would you wear it? If not, why not?

Then again...i might reconsider.. :eek:ops:

KoLo28

I'd wear it. Proud to be Arsenal no matter what colour and I'm sure the chicks would dig it.

sanyasi

ok i changed my mind. i wouldnt wear the pink shirt.

i would however wear the AWAY jersey, which would have to be someother color, and still be showing passion for the team, while not pissing off the faithfuls by saying 'im not wearink dat pinkie' :twisted:

The Mini

I wouldn't, if I dont like the look of the shirt, I wont buy it. I very rarely get shirts anyway.

vin de guerre

rachael-8 said:
i would why not?if its got the arsenal crest il wear it no matter what colour it is

If you live in a town where the most successful sporting club have an overgrown Rhino for a mascot then pink should not be an issue!

Soler

Established Member
The Mini said:
I wouldn't, if I dont like the look of the shirt, I wont buy it. I very rarely get shirts anyway.

Heh. Just wait until you get a few years older and start getting more cash (birthdays, jobs etc.) and are able to buy an Arsenal shirt. In the last two months I've bought three when I previously only had one! :eek:ops:

A

Anonymous

while not pissing off the faithfuls by saying 'im not wearink dat pinkie
im a faithful and wouldnt be seen dead in a pink shirt, but then like i said, i have a reputation to keep :wink:

A

Anonymous

ive had every arsenal shirt - home and away - since 1990. but wouldnt not wear a pink shirt. there are other ways to show your love for a club. it is not about fashion or anything, just the fact you look like a *****. i will always have my AFC cannon on tatooed on my heart, so i dont need to worry about the crest on the shirt. as much as i love the club, if we had a pink shirt it will be an embarressment ! :eek:ops:

Soler

Established Member
Thing is, I'd probably buy it but just never wear it. I'm pedantic about things like that.

A

Anonymous

Lol Reg, how do you think these things up?! I think there is something else to this :wink:

Anyway would I wear the shirt? It would have to be at a cup final, but yeah probably. It is an Arsenal shirt after all. If Juventus can wear pink so can we!

reggiepaul

This is interesting.

I just want to check what means most to a person and how much wearing a shirt means to them. For instance - what comes first to mind when you buy the shirt, the feeling it is part of the club or would it match whatever else you're wearing?

I have seen some people wear some vile shirts from other clubs, but they still wear them. I didn't like the yellow shirt but I still wanted it because it was an arsenal shirt. There have been some awful shirts, I didn't like the blue away one we recently had - but I still bought it because the shirt represents a lot about the team and club. The team wear it for instance and it outlines exactly what we stand for in terms of football because it goes wherever Arsenal go. It is a clear reminder of what we are. Like a uniform of sorts. Yes, now we enter territory of some sort of tribal feel but in football there is one thing that is clear - the shirt you wear highlights the team you support.

If pink was our colour, it would be all over the stadium, the colour of the seats and the colour of our merchandise. It will represent the club as the major colour - so all the shirts will be that colour.

So basically this thread outlines whether you are involved in Arsenal on an individual level or on a social level to show off to people. This shirt is never ever a fashion statement. It is basically the biggest symbol of a fans support. You wear it with pride and all the trappings that supporting a football club brings. If your first feelings in terms of a shirt appear to involve how other people would react to you, your love for the club is a somewhat tainted in terms of the worlds image of you, rather than your personal feelings to the club.

It's basically "I must wear the shirt because it's Arsenal" or "I will only wear the shirt if it looks nice" - meaning you're only wearing it and supporting the club to look good.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
reggiepaul said:
You don't? :roll:

I think the question is then, where is the love?

Nothing to see here, move along.

You wear the shirt because you love the team. The shirt embodies something special about the team. An example of the teams greatness. When anyone has to begin to make excuses regarding fashion and ignorance towards these things it just looks like they are more interested in showing off rather than passion for the team.

The point is simple - there is no equating. There is no justification. You just do it. There are kids and people half way around the world who just want to wear the shirt. The national shirt or whichever shirt - because it is the shirt. A massive symbolic factor in football. It carries no logic, no thinking - you just wear it because it is the arsenal shirt. The shirt that every football team wears but this is distinctive because it's arsenal.

If you have to go towards depths of firstly looking at fashion and then later having to justify wearing the shirt has no meaning for you - well... how can 3 billion people be wrong when it comes to the love of your team springs to mind...
The love is in my head, not on my chest.

You know for some, fashion isn't about showing off, it's about expressing their individuality/personality. I don't feel the need to go around like a walking Arsenal advertisement. Wearing a football jersey on a football pitch or to a match as a fan is one thing, wearing it in public with some misplaced idea of it meaning something is another. To most people its just a rather ugly piece of fabric, and to others - who really gives a toss what team I support anyway?

reggiepaul

kaids said:
reggiepaul said:
You don't? :roll:

I think the question is then, where is the love?

Nothing to see here, move along.

You wear the shirt because you love the team. The shirt embodies something special about the team. An example of the teams greatness. When anyone has to begin to make excuses regarding fashion and ignorance towards these things it just looks like they are more interested in showing off rather than passion for the team.

The point is simple - there is no equating. There is no justification. You just do it. There are kids and people half way around the world who just want to wear the shirt. The national shirt or whichever shirt - because it is the shirt. A massive symbolic factor in football. It carries no logic, no thinking - you just wear it because it is the arsenal shirt. The shirt that every football team wears but this is distinctive because it's arsenal.

If you have to go towards depths of firstly looking at fashion and then later having to justify wearing the shirt has no meaning for you - well... how can 3 billion people be wrong when it comes to the love of your team springs to mind...
The love is in my head, not on my chest.

You know for some, fashion isn't about showing off, it's about expressing their individuality/personality. I don't feel the need to go around like a walking Arsenal advertisement. Wearing a football jersey on a football pitch or to a match as a fan is one thing, wearing it in public with some misplaced idea of it meaning something is another. To most people its just a rather ugly piece of fabric, and to others - who really gives a toss what team I support anyway?

As I said how can 3 billion people in the world be wrong, they all wear it away from games.

You see you're still trying to justify away from the shirt with terms like "misplaced ideas" and "walking arsenal advertisement". It only just further highlights how hung up you are with appearance.

Fashion is totally about showing off when you can't wear a football shirt (which represents a football team) in public because it's the wrong colour. Fashion is basically a flavour of the month thing. Changing styles over seasong.

When you talk about individuality and expression you don't think about what is in fashion, you think about what you personally want to wear, REGARDLESS of what people think. Look up fashion in the dictionary. It's basically about appearance and what people think. Wearing a shirt is about "individuality" and "expression". You're expressing away from what people think your choice to support a club and your passion to show that regardless of the colour of the shirt. That shows strong individuality and strong means of expression.

As you say, who really gives a toss what team I support - why do other people have to come in to this? You're still hung up on how people would react to the pink shirt instead of just doing the natural thing as a fan and wearing the shirt because it's the arsenal shirt. I saw a kid in Leeds the other day wearing the Charlton shirt. The CHARLTON shirt - no game, no nothing - then another kids was wearing a Doncaster Rovers shirt. Horrible shirt but still he wore it. Not because of what other people will think but because he wanted to show off his pride for the team. One of which has just made it in to the Division 2.

It seems you fail to understand that because you're lost in a world of appearances and fashion. If you're hung up on appearances and wanting to show off - you won't wear the shirt. It's that simple. How can 3 billion people be wrong? If you're hung up in your own little world I guess they can be. :roll:

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
reggiepaul said:
As I said how can 3 billion people in the world be wrong, they all wear it away from games.
You think half the worlds population wear football jerseys? ahahahhaha

You see you're still trying to justify away from the shirt with terms like "misplaced ideas" and "walking arsenal advertisement". It only just further highlights how hung up you are with appearance.
No, it highlights my opinion that wearing football jerseys looks *. I don't like the look of them.

Fashion is totally about showing off when you can't wear a football shirt (which represents a football team) in public because it's the wrong colour. Fashion is basically a flavour of the month thing. Changing styles over seasong.
It's a question of personal taste. Some people only wear clothes to blend into the crowd. Not all.

When you talk about individuality and expression you don't think about what is in fashion, you think about what you personally want to wear, REGARDLESS of what people think. Look up fashion in the dictionary. It's basically about appearance and what people think. Wearing a shirt is about "individuality" and "expression". You're expressing away from what people think your choice to support a club and your passion to show that regardless of the colour of the shirt. That shows strong individuality and strong means of expression.
So choosing to express yourself in the same manner as everyone else is individuality now? You don't need to wear a football jersey to show your passion for your team.

As you say, who really gives a toss what team I support - why do other people have to come in to this? You're still hung up on how people would react to the pink shirt instead of just doing the natural thing as a fan and wearing the shirt because it's the arsenal shirt. I saw a kid in Leeds the other day wearing the Charlton shirt. The CHARLTON shirt - no game, no nothing - then another kids was wearing a Doncaster Rovers shirt. Horrible shirt but still he wore it. Not because of what other people will think but because he wanted to show off his pride for the team. One of which has just made it in to the Division 2.
This is the part you don't get - I don't assign any value to the latest piece of material designed by Nike to represent the team I support. Supporting a football team isn't an integral part of my life or my identity.

I'm hung up on how I react to a pink shirt, it'd be hideous. So are all football jerseys, mind. I don't have any great sense of pride about Arsenal (nor my national team, either). I don't play for them, so why should I. I chose to support them over 10 years ago essentially out of chance, not out of some belief that fundamentally they are superior to all other teams. They weren't then, and they still aren't. They are just another successful football team. I follow them out an emotional attachment that has developed over the years that I can't shake. It makes football more interesting.

It seems you fail to understand that because you're lost in a world of appearances and fashion. If you're hung up on appearances and wanting to show off - you won't wear the shirt. It's that simple. How can 3 billion people be wrong? If you're hung up in your own little world I guess they can be. :roll:
It seems to me that you are the one who is caught up in appearances and what people think. I don't feel any need to justify my supporting of Arsenal. I wear what I like. Football jerseys are ugly.

reggiepaul

How can I be caught up in appearances when I would wear the shirt no matter what. Yes, I feel I should look at people who wouldn't wear the shirt and reasons for doing so - you've been helpful in proving me right. For me, I'd wear the shirt no matter what.

I think you've respresented exactly why you follow the team. It's somewhat far flung from the love that most people have for the team. Yet you totally miss the point over and over again. What you're trying to argue is there is no point - what I am saying is that no point even exists, you just do it. You don't think about it, you don't look at it in terms of it being ugly or anything else you just do it.

Most people wear it because they don't think about it, they see the shirt, and they wear it. Like when you say you don't attach any value to the shirt. I'm not trying to state any value should be represented to it - the value should be there no matter what, that is my point. When I give examples of what it means - it doesn't mean I am starting some cult, it's just that belief exists and the love just makes it so.

Most fans just see the shirt and buy it. It's the arsenal shirt. You see it and see it as ugly and horrible. That just goes away from everything the shirt represents and why it is being sold and why people want to buy it. It's just a piece of cloth, as you stated but it's the shirt the team wears. You miss all of that altogether because - you're hung up on appearances. The shirt appears that way to you - because you're totally lost in your own representation of matters which highlights exactly what you feel about the team.

It's just a natural instinct as a fan which you don't posess. You've highlighted that and regardless of whatever it means it has to be respected but it's more about appearance to you. You have a clinical idea towards it all. Again this is far flung from the whole point of selling and buying the shirt. Like you state fashion inaccurately. You're talking about choice of clothing not fashion. To the point you need to argue it out that the shirt is ugly so it shouldn't be sold then, right? I guess 3 billion people who want to wear the shirt are wrong then.

So should the shirt not be sold if it was pink?

You're either in two room - you wear the shirt, no matter what or you don't wear it because you think you'd look silly.

Both of those people will have a different attachment to the team, one of those don't care for the appearance and what people will think while others do.

That's the difference - so you choose which box you're in.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom