• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you wear a pink Arsenal shirt?

Would you wear a pink arsenal shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
No, it's your opinion that there's two boxes. Maybe for fanatical fans, not for me. Football is a small part of my life. I'm not going to go around wearing a football jersey pretending it isn't.

Phil

If Arsenal launched a leopardskin leotard ensemble, I would gradually feel compelled to purchase it.

I would then wear it on Matchdays, for supersticious reasons, underneath my blue buttoned up boiler suit.

Gurgen

Established Member
Pink=just not Arsenal

We're supposed to be cool not nancy.
Men don't wear pink. Period.

johe

I'd definetly wear the shirt to a game, whether it's on tv or if I'm at the game, but I generally don't wear footballshirts in everyday life.

I don't really feel that's a fashion thing, because I'd wear an Arsenal cap, hat, scarf (yes, I'd wear a pink scarf, no matter how queer that would look), but generally I don't wear a match shirt very often, except when I play with my mates.
I do however quite often wear regular clothes with an Arsenal badge on, even though I live in a country drowned in **** supporters. The ones over 20 years of age support pool or spuds, and the ones under support the salford ****. Luckily there are exceptions.

Gurgen said:
Pink=just not Arsenal

Now that IS a fashion-thing. Even though it might not be so, it sounds like you support Arsenal because they're "cool". It is said you don't pick your club, your club picks you.

Of course one can be a football fan and never ever wear the shirt or anything club related, because you don't like the colour of it, but I don't think one should be embarressed that your club has ugly colours on it's jersey, because that's not the reason we support the club. If Arsenal were bloody half green half yellow with pink shorts and cyan socks, we wouldn't say "Oh my, those kits are awful, let's go support manure with their nice new kits".

If we ever got pink kits though, It'd most likely be in a time where pink was the fashion, because football shirts, just like everything else is effected by fashion.

reggiepaul

I agree with a lot of what you say and agree with the concept from where you're coming from johe although the last paragraph is a little away from the point. I agree that football is affected by fashion but not entirely. I'd say football does extend towards incorporating new designs and new ideas but not entirely on the basis of fashion - fashion which is more a question of the rage.

So I guess when people talk about fashion and football, we're not really talking about what football shirts are about. Most people if not all would buy a football shirt because of the team they support. The idea of fashion only arrives in to this debate because of the first post and the meaning of the thread, being - why would you wear a shirt and what would stop you from wearing a shirt.

Meaning, the whole idea of fashion arrived in this thread because it sparked the correct response I was looking for. I had pre-coneived that for some people the shirt is an element of fashion but because of also the added factor that many people choose the team on the basis of our popularity and success and how the teams successes makes the feel in society in general - but not for the whole concept of footballing support.

Meaning the fineline would arrive when something socially oriented, like a disgusting shirt, would stop them from buying the shirt. So their whole choice of the team is based upon the social circles and ideas they belong to. It's no longer individualistic or uniquely expressive but it's a way of looking better than other people for them.

johe

reggiepaul said:
I agree with a lot of what you say and agree with the concept from where you're coming from johe although the last paragraph is a little away from the point. I agree that football is affected by fashion but not entirely. I'd say football does extend towards incorporating new designs and new ideas but not entirely on the basis of fashion - fashion which is more a question of the rage.

So I guess when people talk about fashion and football, we're not really talking about what football shirts are about. Most people if not all would buy a football shirt because of the team they support. The idea of fashion only arrives in to this debate because of the first post and the meaning of the thread, being - why would you wear a shirt and what would stop you from wearing a shirt.

Meaning, the whole idea of fashion arrived in this thread because it sparked the correct response I was looking for. I had pre-coneived that for some people the shirt is an element of fashion but because of also the added factor that many people choose the team on the basis of our popularity and success and how the teams successes makes the feel in society in general - but not for the whole concept of footballing support.

Meaning the fineline would arrive when something socially oriented, like a disgusting shirt, would stop them from buying the shirt. So their whole choice of the team is based upon the social circles and ideas they belong to. It's no longer individualistic or uniquely expressive but it's a way of looking better than other people for them.

Yes, I understand your point, and I think that many perhaps voted no because they didn't really think over it. I mean, my first reaction was "wtf, pink shirt :shock: that's hideous!" then after a few seconds I thought more that an Arsenal shirt is an Arsenal shirt, so I voted for that. There are propably alot of people who voted no at once, because it sounded bad, but who would most likely buy it and wear it no matter. There are of course exceptions, who would rather support another club than wear a pink shirt.

AFCG7

Established Member
Never.. i wouldnt wear a pink shirt even if it was Arsenal's.
Take a look at JUve fans..some showed their disgust openly at the peach/pink shirt they came out with this season..
Eventually a 4th shirt was introduced in addition to the 3rd shirt..after which the pink-looking one was totally disregarded

AFCG7

Established Member
I wouldnt ever stop supporting our team though.. but personally i cant see myself wearing pink!

johe

I don't think the pink one Juve have is of the worst sort.. personally I dislike the Lens red and yellow kit more than the Juve pink one.

Gurgen

Established Member
johe said:
Gurgen said:
Pink=just not Arsenal

Now that IS a fashion-thing. Even though it might not be so, it sounds like you support Arsenal because they're "cool". It is said you don't pick your club, your club picks you.

Of course one can be a football fan and never ever wear the shirt or anything club related, because you don't like the colour of it, but I don't think one should be embarressed that your club has ugly colours on it's jersey, because that's not the reason we support the club. If Arsenal were bloody half green half yellow with pink shorts and cyan socks, we wouldn't say "Oh my, those kits are awful, let's go support manure with their nice new kits".

You're missing my point. I'm not saying I would support them, I'm just saying that it would feel strange, because our colors are the red and white, not the pink. Pink is a very strange color for a football jersey.

reggiepaul

slapz said:
Pink worked for everton about 8 years ago.. we could have it and call it "Salmon" ;)

"Hey, has anyone seen my shirt, it's a faded Salmon colour?"

"You mean your pink shirt?"

"It's a faded SALMON colour"

:lol: :lol:

A.M.A.G.

reggiepaul said:
Rupert said:
Would I wear a pink shirt? Would I f**k! We're the boys in red and white!

OK, let me make is simpler for you.

What if your mum made the colours run in the wash and it came out pink would you be shocked and say "Hey mama, wa ya dun ti mi shirt, i an i will git nyaa punani eee hee"

To which your mum will reply "SHUDDUP!!" clipping you around the head "you wear dee shirt wid pride bwoy not for fee colour, nyaa git me some yam yams and sweet potato ya hee?"

The point is no matter what colour the club represent - you wear it, because it's arsenal!

I would rock the **** out of a pink jersey... ever heard of a rapper named Cam'ron... pink is the new gangsta color...
but in the case of MOMs jacking my jersey so its pink... no i wouldn't wear it cause its not actually the team color... all it is at that point is a f*ked up jersey.
But I could careless, it could be doo-doo brown with piss yellow trim... if the team is rocking it... it gets bought

JazzG

Established Member
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO

I haven't even bought the current kit because I don't like it. I refuse to buy shirts I don't like. I like the dreamcast one, my old has been binned so I'm thinking of getting one like that, anyone know where I can buy one from :eek:ops:

A.M.A.G.

reggiepaul said:
This is interesting.

I just want to check what means most to a person and how much wearing a shirt means to them. For instance - what comes first to mind when you buy the shirt, the feeling it is part of the club or would it match whatever else you're wearing?

I have seen some people wear some vile shirts from other clubs, but they still wear them. I didn't like the yellow shirt but I still wanted it because it was an arsenal shirt. There have been some awful shirts, I didn't like the blue away one we recently had - but I still bought it because the shirt represents a lot about the team and club. The team wear it for instance and it outlines exactly what we stand for in terms of football because it goes wherever Arsenal go. It is a clear reminder of what we are. Like a uniform of sorts. Yes, now we enter territory of some sort of tribal feel but in football there is one thing that is clear - the shirt you wear highlights the team you support.

If pink was our colour, it would be all over the stadium, the colour of the seats and the colour of our merchandise. It will represent the club as the major colour - so all the shirts will be that colour.

So basically this thread outlines whether you are involved in Arsenal on an individual level or on a social level to show off to people. This shirt is never ever a fashion statement. It is basically the biggest symbol of a fans support. You wear it with pride and all the trappings that supporting a football club brings. If your first feelings in terms of a shirt appear to involve how other people would react to you, your love for the club is a somewhat tainted in terms of the worlds image of you, rather than your personal feelings to the club.

It's basically "I must wear the shirt because it's Arsenal" or "I will only wear the shirt if it looks nice" - meaning you're only wearing it and supporting the club to look good.

I'm going to have to say this is rubbish...
a shirt does represent support for the club... but loyalty runs much deeper than that... you want to know a true supporter, listen to him/her talk.... i have a friend Kabo from Botswana... I'm sure he couldn't always afford the shirts of Milan, now he can buy ****loads if he wants... you want to know how I know no team anywhere has a bigger fan, than Milan has in Kabo... how he talks about them.... PASSION... the man oozes passion for this team.... he's married, never heard him talk about his wife with passion he expresses when discussing Milan.... Milan has a gold and black jersey from a couple years back... he'd never wear it... but show me a fan who loves his team more... and i'll give up my left nut

reggiepaul

jazzg said:
I haven't even bought the current kit because I don't like it. I refuse to buy shirts I don't like. I like the dreamcast one, my old has been binned so I'm thinking of getting one like that, anyone know where I can buy one from

You binned your Arsenal shirt :shock:

Gurgen

Established Member
This is interesting.

I just want to check what means most to a person and how much wearing a shirt means to them. For instance - what comes first to mind when you buy the shirt, the feeling it is part of the club or would it match whatever else you're wearing?

I have seen some people wear some vile shirts from other clubs, but they still wear them. I didn't like the yellow shirt but I still wanted it because it was an arsenal shirt. There have been some awful shirts, I didn't like the blue away one we recently had - but I still bought it because the shirt represents a lot about the team and club. The team wear it for instance and it outlines exactly what we stand for in terms of football because it goes wherever Arsenal go. It is a clear reminder of what we are. Like a uniform of sorts. Yes, now we enter territory of some sort of tribal feel but in football there is one thing that is clear - the shirt you wear highlights the team you support.

If pink was our colour, it would be all over the stadium, the colour of the seats and the colour of our merchandise. It will represent the club as the major colour - so all the shirts will be that colour.

So basically this thread outlines whether you are involved in Arsenal on an individual level or on a social level to show off to people. This shirt is never ever a fashion statement. It is basically the biggest symbol of a fans support. You wear it with pride and all the trappings that supporting a football club brings. If your first feelings in terms of a shirt appear to involve how other people would react to you, your love for the club is a somewhat tainted in terms of the worlds image of you, rather than your personal feelings to the club.

It's basically "I must wear the shirt because it's Arsenal" or "I will only wear the shirt if it looks nice" - meaning you're only wearing it and supporting the club to look good.

This may be all fine and dandy, but that's doesn't mean you hav eto like the color pink. Escpecially since the club colors are red and white. Therefore I think this is a stupid thread.

You think you can now spot the 'real' fans, but I think it's bollocks. It's not even an issue.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom