• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you wear a pink Arsenal shirt?

Would you wear a pink arsenal shirt?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AFCG7

Established Member
This discussion is beginning to sound like :

"a [REAL] fan will wear the team shirt regardless and anyone who doesnt wear it because its ugly isnt as passionate a fan as he is.

Bollocks.

Mark

Established Member
If you support the team you should always be proud to wear the shirt whatever it looks like, but then again it's not fair to say that just because they don't wear the shirt they love the team any less than the ones who do wear it. Complex stuff.

reggiepaul

This discussion is going to sound in any which way it progresses.

It doesn't sound like that to me though afc g7

Personally I think the discussion has highlighted how much football has changed that outside factors have become extremely important.

Not so long ago shirts just to be very simple in design and colour, now they are extremely detailed in design and are a yearly thing - people have begun to look at them as fashionable objects, rather than shirts. The discussion highlights, as Mark has pointed out, how complicated things have become.

The discussion not only shows a change in a football fans mentality but also different ways in which some fans will look at the shirt and why they wouldn't wear it. All part and parcel of the changing image of the game.

Again this further highlights the many different types of fans that exist.

Added to which I think, ultimately this discussion highlights how very few simple bread and butter fans exist. Who will wear the shirt, go to games, watch them and just love the team for the football that they are involved in.

For many others there is the complexities that exist and the feelings they have about the club at many other different levels.

Your own views and your reactions to posters AFC highlight even more about the game as well.

AFCG7

Established Member
Well if you're wearing the shirt just because it looks nice then thats a different scenario.
You cant tell how a person feels about the Team because of the shirt they wear.

Like i said before..its a matter of preference. I might think a shirt is ugly and feel that X has to be one hell of a fan for wearing it. Heck even X might think so, but some might wear it because they think it looks nice.. and dont give a damn about the Team.

The argument goes both ways..there's no concrete way of judging the type of fan who wears any shirt.

reggiepaul

That's why the argument is about a pink shirt.

This is a thread for fans only.

The whole concept revolves around the shirt and that being why wouldn't someone wear it since shirts are so significant with teams.

Even you yourself are getting highly passionate against the pink shirt. Hell, it's the Arsenal shirt man, where it with pride - but you'd detest it and hate it because it's pink?

That's the oddity... - the begin to override the passion with your view that the pink is this that or the other, no matter what you say and how much you hate the shirt, it will remain an arsenal shirt. You can't change that - and wearing it means you're a fan - no fashion related thing - the shirt signifies Arsenal. You views on it being ugly or disgusting or the wrong colour no longer matter becuase the fact it is the Arsenal shirt is bigger than any view that someone may have.

So why wouldn't you wear it?

...because the pink is too much to handle? even more to handle than the support you have for the team?

This is a thread and discussion for fans question present day values.

reggiepaul

AFCG7 said:
The argument goes both ways..there's no concrete way of judging the type of fan who wears any shirt.

If I only had this to go on and one of the fans said they wouldn't wear the shirt and the other said he would - I would think the one who wears it is the bigger fan.

Why? because he wears the shirt and the other one doesn't.

How hard is that to understand?

reggiepaul

LOL, anything not to wear the pink shirt.

The question is if the club changed the colours of the team to pink.

Would you wear it, so we are talking about 20 years of pink domination at the club.

Obviously it will become acceptable and shirts will definately be sold because it is the Arsenal Shirt.

So the colour of our shirt was always pink. Our colours were, Pink and Pink and Yellow stripes for away with a Pink and red blocked horizontal bars as a third shirt.

Would you wear the shirt if it was always these colours?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom