• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i dont see why people are so pissy about him giving a truthful answer to questions...

yeah, his fitness might not be where it should be, but 13 games, 5 goals, 3 assists is hardly the worst return for a player, so its not like he's produced nothing on the pitch...

i like the guy..

Zico

Established Member
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I present you the scapegoat for the 2009-2010 season, Mr Andrei Arshavin.

Captain

Established Member
lee1001 said:
He can f**k right off. I'm sick of his moaning. It's fine to complain when your are giving everything on the pitch but for a player that Wenger thinks is potentially better than Ronaldo (LMAO!)his form has been disgraceful.

How can the younger players look up to a moaning, fashion loving *****. He isn't on enough money, he doesn't want to be here, that's plain to see.

Barcelona 15M, yes please.

:lol:

Accomplished

Established Member
He was undeniably different class last season.

This season, not so much. But people have been disappointed with him this season, so it's hard to say he's ever been overrated. He's just in bad form at the moment.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Im just going to throw this out there...

Andrei Arshavin - the most over rated Arsenal player ever?
Really? Really?
If anything, he's one of our most under-appreciated, judging by the comments around the site.
The guy is top quality. No question in my mind.

progman07

Established Member
lee1001 said:
He can f**k right off. I'm sick of his moaning. It's fine to complain when your are giving everything on the pitch but for a player that Wenger thinks is potentially better than Ronaldo (LMAO!)his form has been disgraceful.

How can the younger players look up to a moaning, fashion loving *****. He isn't on enough money, he doesn't want to be here, that's plain to see.

Barcelona 15M, yes please.
:lol:

Yeah sell our most experienced players for a few pounds and keep the players like Diaby. Amazing idea. Why not put Cesc in as well, for another 5 million?

Accomplished

Established Member
Seriously, selling him would be the single worst decision we've made in the last 5 or 6 years. People are crying out for experienced, high quality, players....

MAK 14

Established Member
And it's not like Arshavin isn't delivering on the pitch either - 5 goals and 3 assists in 10 games isn't at all bad for a supposedly overrated player. People need to understand that Arshavin isn't in the team to be an all round player, he is in the team for that moment of magic that will win you games.

James

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Im just going to throw this out there...

Andrei Arshavin - the most over rated Arsenal player ever?
Rocky, you need to hide back in your shell for this one :wink:

He should always be rated for that night at Anfield. No denying his class.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Andrey Arshavin has delivered a damning assessment of his lightweight team-mates, warning that Arsenal need to spend big to compete with their Big Four rivals.

The Russia forward has savaged the side for being soft at the back, too short to cope with set pieces and desperately lacking a focal point up front.

Back-to-back 3-0 capitulations against Chelsea in the Premier League and Manchester City in the Carling Cup, as well as defeats earlier this season by City and Manchester United, have left Arshavin, 28, in despair.
Didier Drogba of Chelsea scores the opening goal against Arsenal

'The fact that we have lost against out direct rivals this season signifies that we are not very good,' he said. 'We played good football, but that is not enough. We score a lot of goals, but we always let in one or more.'

At 5ft 7in, Arshavin has his own physical limitations, but he is not the only player who is weak in the air.

'We are not good on set pieces, and that is bound up with the fact that we don't have many tall players,' he said.

'Every other team has an advantage over us in this area. Chelsea were much stronger than us when it came to physical power. Had we possessed a tall player, things would have been better for us, especially in attack. We had nobody capable of holding on to the ball.'

But the £12million signing has not lost faith in his manager, saying: 'What can we, and must we, change? Only Arsène Wenger knows.'
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1233014/Andrey-Arshavin-moans-tiny-Arsenal-compete-Chelsea-Premier-Leagues-big-boys.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/arti ... l?ITO=1490</a>

progman07

Established Member
Wish our assistant manager had the character of Arshavin... he'd dare to stand up against Wenger's bad decisions.

Captain

Established Member
Should ask himself why he couldn't score when the easiest chance of the game prsented itself. Couldn't even get a shot away FFS.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Captain said:
Should ask himself why he couldn't score when the easiest chance of the game prsented itself. Couldn't even get a shot away FFS.
i thought he did score, but it was disallowed.. (same play, 5 seconds later, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom