• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Yes we should sell him and promote wilshere. Last season without arshavin we were 5th. This season we are 4th with a game in hand on 3rd. Sad as it is this is progress. Maybe people should be looking towards the rest of our squad and asking questions of them.

I still see arshavin as our best attacker although admittedly he has dissapointed this season. Maybe he settled in too quickly and raised expectation too high?

Captain

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Captain said:
Should ask himself why he couldn't score when the easiest chance of the game prsented itself. Couldn't even get a shot away FFS.
i thought he did score, but it was disallowed.. (same play, 5 seconds later, right?)

You've lost me but i mean when there wasn't even a goalie there.

kooldawg

Established Member
Arshavin's role doesn't necessarily require physical brawn or a towering player, its the other areas of the field like central midfield, and upfront that we are lacking. I personally think its a good thing that he is frank about what he sees and is calling out the club on it. Even though his performances haven't been quite top notch just yet he is undeniably a world class player with a winning mentality. I think he'll be off this summer if we don't improve our position.

Captain

Established Member
Probably wouldn't play for the invincibles on his arsenal evidence and not really world class. He plays because he can score goals and we sadly don't have enough people who can anymore.

As to why his comments are annoying; he's like the moany ****** at work who no matter how good things are going or no matter how much everyone is working to make them better just simply *****es.

Arshavin should shut up and work on improving his own form. ****.

Gurgen

Established Member
Apparently Arshavin and the Russia team got drunk and generally misbehaved in the company of some prime Russian ass before and after both Slovenia matches. Akinfeev and Bilyaletdinov the only ones to spend a quiet evening with their girlfriends :lol:

Del Boy

Established Member
progman07 said:
Wish our assistant manager had the character of Arshavin... he'd dare to stand up against Wenger's bad decisions.
And how on earth do you know anything about Pat Rice's character??

Maybe he agrees with Wenger on some levels. The man has been at the club for donkeys years and who is to say he doesn't agree with some of Wenger's thinking as well..?

Amazingly I have never seen Rice give an interview so it is hard to judge his view on anything. But he does deserve respect and we can't just gossip about what say he has.

Captain

Established Member
The big man has a 100% managerial record at arsenal and wears shorts in -10 weather. What is there not to love?

progman07

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Apparently Arshavin and the Russia team got drunk and generally misbehaved in the company of some prime Russian ass before and after both Slovenia matches. Akinfeev and Bilyaletdinov the only ones to spend a quiet evening with their girlfriends :lol:
Arshavin has denied that in an interview.
Del Boy said:
progman07 said:
Wish our assistant manager had the character of Arshavin... he'd dare to stand up against Wenger's bad decisions.
And how on earth do you know anything about Pat Rice's character??

Maybe he agrees with Wenger on some levels. The man has been at the club for donkeys years and who is to say he doesn't agree with some of Wenger's thinking as well..?

Amazingly I have never seen Rice give an interview so it is hard to judge his view on anything. But he does deserve respect and we can't just gossip about what say he has.
Does he look like someone who has any influence on Wenger?

Del Boy

Established Member
Not really but lets be realistic for a second here. Wenger is more than happy with Rice as his assistant and lets pretend that he doesn't have any influence. You think Wenger would bring in someone that would try and overrule him? No way.

Besides we cannot be 100 percent certain he has no influence and we never will know either. Rice is an Arsenal legend and it's important to have those guys around the club.

kamikaze80

Established Member
arshavin moans about the same **** we moan about, why is that wrong? because he has a brain and two eyes and can see what is obvious? because he's not a deluded arsenal cheerleader?

if you're sick of him, then you don't get it. there's a reason why good players like henry, gallas, arshavin get fed up with all this nonsense and playing with inferior players. it's like you're working at a place that refuses to upgrade your computers from dos 3.0 despite being loaded, and you're expected to outperform your competitors who all have blackberrys and windows 7.

Captain

Established Member
It's wrong because he is inside the changing room. He isn't a fan in the pub or on a message board. It's Arshavin that doesn't 'get it'. :roll:

He's a moany little **** about everything too. He feels like quitting because he lost a game. The tax is too much. The weather is bad. It's too expensive in london. My hair is ****. Blah blah ****ing blah.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Captain said:
It's wrong because he is inside the changing room. He isn't a fan in the pub or on a message board. It's Arshavin that doesn't 'get it'. :roll:

He's a moany little s**t about everything too. He feels like quitting because he lost a game. The tax is too much. The weather is bad. It's too expensive in london. My hair is s**t. Blah blah f****g blah.
:lol:

kamikaze80

Established Member
he talks too much to the media. so what? only an idiot (not you) would think that just because, say, van persie's never complained about the tax rate to a dutch reporter, he must think it's fine. do you think everyone else in the squad thinks the squad is perfectly fine as is? should we all just not talk about it and then the problem will go away?

how come sagna isn't getting any grief for suggesting we need reinforcements in january? my bet is that none of the more senior players believe we have the squad to win the league, especially not without van persie. they're not stupid.

xcdude24

Established Member
On the topic of Pat Rice, I get him to wave at me while he's setting up the cones before every game.

Is it worth saying that Pat Rice is one of the biggest problems with Arsenal right now?

Captain

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
he talks too much to the media. so what? only an idiot (not you) would think that just because, say, van persie's never complained about the tax rate to a dutch reporter, he must think it's fine.

Only an idiot would keep bleating about crap that he can't change. Like Patrick said, talk less, run more.

do you think everyone else in the squad thinks the squad is perfectly fine as is? should we all just not talk about it and then the problem will go away?

I wouldn't know and that is the point, I don't need to know. They are a team and some things stay inside. Eduardo is short of confidence right now, do you think it makes sense to basically call him out for being rubbish against Chelsea?

Do you think comments about being physically short against most teams will help in any way next time we are getting the **** kicked out of us and the ref is just thinking "don't worry, it's only arsenal, they don't like it up them and they are just weak anyway".

how come sagna isn't getting any grief for suggesting we need reinforcements in january?

Unless I am mistaken, Sagna said that we need to find a solution and it was the media who twisted that into meaning that he was demanding signings.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1232195/Arsenal-defender-Bacary-Sagna-calls-Arsène-Wenger-splash-cash-January.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nuary.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my bet is that none of the more senior players believe we have the squad to win the league, especially not without van persie. they're not stupid.

The more senior players should buck up their ideas, shut up and get working because simply put, they are part of the problem. Sagna and maybe Gallas from this team would play in the one that last won us the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom