• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabret00the

Established Member
Our marquee attacker is complaining that he's asked to play too much football. Though underlines that he's dedicated while on the pitch, it's just his body that's incapable. :lol:

The sad thing is, is that the likes of Vela, Dudu, Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott and Wilshere are all supposed to be the one's that allow him the rest he feels his body requires.

Nela

Established Member
So basically Wenger was spot on at Euro 2008 when he said there were strong questions whether Arshavin had the stamina to play a couple times a week at the top level.

I was convinced he just made that up to play mind games with other clubs interested. But I guess he was serious.

kramazov

Arshavin being right or worng in what he says is irrelivant. The fact that he is a player in the team means he should be careful what he says because he is immediately criticising a team mate, and subsequently causing rifts and disturbance and will affect the results.

I mean, Vermalene could come up and say that the senior players bought for 10s of millions of pounds should get over their country qualification results and concentrate with the club that pays their wages. and they should really step up and rise up to their names, and status as alegedly good players. They should really start picking up the team and chip in with the goals, not let the team exposed after losing a striker.

I bet Arshavin wouldn't like that would he.

If our players play with half as much commitment,consistency and spirit they conduct their interviews with, we wouldn't have been in this mess.

Zico

Established Member
kramazov said:
Arshavin being right or worng in what he says is irrelivant. The fact that he is a player in the team means he should be careful what he says because he is immediately criticising a team mate, and subsequently causing rifts and disturbance and will affect the results.

Which teammate was he criticizing?

kramazov

You don't have to be a genius to know he is speaking mainly about the CBs.

genralize it all you like but still the main blame lies on our CBs

Zico

Established Member
kramazov said:
You don't have to be a genius to know he is speaking mainly about the CBs.

genralize it all you like but still the main blame lies on our CBs

Could you please point to the relevant sentences where he alludes to the CBs being at fault.

kramazov

He did it by insiniuation, rather than declaration. I can't say he said our CB are too shorts, but if you think about it, this is the first place to have taller players to boost your defence.

you know that, I know that, and it is not right to assume that our players are not smart enough to realize that.

If you are TV or WG you wouldn't look at the article and think "He must mean the full backs or the midfield" specially if you take into account the psychological factor and sensetivity of the players in this area due to the pattern of goals that we conceded

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
It's always game, game, game? How difficult that must be for him.

Sometimes I doubt Arshavin's commitment to Sparkle Motion.
You have to remember that he came to England at the age of 27, having played all his life in the russian league where a normal season is 30 games long, and generally they're playing less cup games in addition to the slower tempo compared to Premier League. At Arsenal he's expected to play somewhere around 55 games per season at least but up until now he's averaged a little more than 30 per season in his career. It was always gonna take its toll. He'll improve both his fitness and stamina over time, but it is gonna take some time.

True Gooner

Established Member
progman07 said:
Goonereagle was probably kidding, Biggus... I can't imagine ANYONE who would choose pretty passing over trophies. That would be just against the reasons people have been playing competitive football for 100+ years.

When do you cheer more? After a cute 1-2 in our midfield, or during a trophy presentation?

Biggus said:
Goonereagle said:
Would we really wanna go back to 1-0 to the Arsenal if it meant trophies?
In a second! you have to walk before you can run.
Zico said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Nah, It's Mourinho alright. Most hated man in Milano these days.

I would give up my smaller nut to have a team of mentalists led by the most hated man in England if it also came with league titles.

I don't accept the false dichotomy that has been created where we need to become a bunch of odious ****s playing negative, boring football to win trophies.

And also - Wenger has another season on his contract and I'm more than happy to let him see it out. I don't see why he doesn't at least deserve that.

kramazov

Does anybody really think that Mourinho would accept, let alone succeed, in managing Arsenal with the current available budget and finances that we have (Remember that most of the current Arsenal players are not his typt of players, remember what he said about Hleb, don't think that he will accept having a team of mostly Hlebs, plus the only players that he really likes is Diaby).

I still believe that Arsène is an absolute Genius and miracle worker, it's only that we are seeing the lunatict, egomaniac side of the Genius at the moment.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Klaus I do remember that - honestly. I respect the performances he's putting in for us at the moment as well, despite the fitness and motivation issues.

But if he can only run out one full match a week he should be more reticent in his criticism and demands and less negative in his outlook. He's putting this stuff out there often enough that the press is readily able to mold everything he says into the "whiny little git" persona they've created for him.

Yet to see an argument as to why him getting this kind of exposure is a positive.

Burnwinter

Established Member
When Mourinho flirts with a return to England, he fantasises about United, not us. The only silver lining to that possibility is that it'd mean Ferguson was gone.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Klaus I do remember that - honestly. I respect the performances he's putting in for us at the moment as well, despite the fitness and motivation issues.

But if he can only run out one full match a week he should be more reticent in his criticism and demands and less negative in his outlook. He's putting this stuff out there often enough that the press is readily able to mold everything he says into the "whiny little git" persona they've created for him.

Yet to see an argument as to why him getting this kind of exposure is a positive.
Generally I don't consider any kind of media exposure positive for a player. It is what it is, plain and simple. As fans I would have expected some people to be more understanding perhaps instead of jumping at dubiously translated quotes every other week.

otfgoon

Established Member
Best he's looked all season. Keep him in the middle as really he's the most like for like replacement for Robin.

Goonereagle

qs said:
I'd vomit every game if Mourinho was our manager.
Yeah. I'd at least dry heave a bit.

Only Gaffer I could think of that I'd like if Arsène left is Rijkaard, but I also feel he wouldn't be quite strong enough.

Zico

Established Member
This is what he had in mind (versus Wenger getting another striker). He looked good out there, but was completely knackered on 80 minutes.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
That was because he ran his hearts out.

Now read the last few pages of this thread... and compare his performance

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wow Arshavin wow indeed .Great performance from him. Gee we could play him down the middle and play 2 strikers on either side . Did a great job holding the ball and distributing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom