• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
I think people are getting a bit carried away now. It was definitely a good performance and best of all a very committed one but he can still do better. His first touch was a little off today and a more confident Shava would have taken the ball home today.

Zico

Established Member
Arshavin really came through for us today. Vela was our only recognized lead striker today, and he's still young and inconsistent. I wonder if Eduardo will be moved out left when he returns. If you're not going to have any height in the middle, you might as well play the best possible shorty there.

tam1886

Established Member
qs said:
I'd vomit every game if Mourinho was our manager.
I'm almost vomiting at the fact people here say they would like him. I can't understand how anyone would want someone like him at our club, **** foreign investment, that would be the ultimate act in selling out.

It doesn't matter to me how good someone is (not talking about Mourinho here), but if I don't like them there is no way I'd want them anywhere near our club. It's bad enough even having Eboue on the team when he's at his ****ey theatrics, never mind having a serial cheating **** like Drogba leading the line or Mourinho in the dugout.

asajoseph

Established Member
If he sold Silvestre, Eboue, Diaby & Denilson in his first transfer window, I could just about live with Mourinho...

ultradoc

Established Member
qs said:
I think people are getting a bit carried away now. It was definitely a good performance and best of all a very committed one but he can still do better. His first touch was a little off today and a more confident Shava would have taken the ball home today.

I dont think he can do any better. His physical fitness is adequate for the russian league which is quite shorter as we know. So, at least not anytime soon, he will be only giving us good games of 70-75 minutes to the max. Although if wenger can do his bit that he did with the keowns and get his fitness to a higher level. But it's gonna take time and I think playing arshavin so much is a ploy towards that goal only.
God knows we can do with 90 minutes of that man's class.

And he's not really a striker fullfledged, is he? he did quite well today considering that.

Accomplished

Established Member
I dunno, as much as I hated Mourinho for the success he brought Chelsea, he was pretty "cool" and I actually found, after he'd gone, that I kind of missed his presence in the league...Not sure if I'd want him as our manager though...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
asajoseph said:
If he sold Silvestre, Eboue, Diaby & Denilson in his first transfer window, I could just about live with Mourinho...
Mourinho is a big big fan of Diaby...

What about Almunia? ;)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
His movement was creating our chances today, maby after all it was a wise decision to put Arshavin at home up top, to create danger with his skills and movement.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Played well but for our main striker didnt get in the box enough. Traore seemed break forward quite well on a few times only to reach byline and no one was attacking his cross...or indeed anywhere near the box.

Needs must when all our strikers appear made of balsa but I'd still rather Andrei behind a front man

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I know everyone is sick of posting stupid formations. But I think Arshavin's best position would be in a 4-2-3-1, in the center right behind the striker.

I'd love to see this

Song - Cesc

Nasri - Arshavin - Rosicky

- Eduardo/A new striker in January

I think that type of setup would get the most out of him. Despite his size, hes an excellent linkup player capable of feeding the ball into dangerous spaces but also taking a shot himself. Keeping him in the center is much more dangerous, because hes not afraid to shoot from 20 yards out.

Some might bristle at the notion of only playing 2 guys really central, but against weaker teams, the third central midfielder who plays deeper really doesn't help our game all that much.

Song would have to be disciplined and not get caught out regularly (obviously), but this is my ideal thought right now. Whether its Chamakh, Dzeko, Gignac or some other out and out striker, I think that would work. It might even work with Eduardo. In fact, I think it could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom