<

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by sabret00the, Nov 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alboots101

alboots101 Well-Known Member

pull your socks up son, you got a chance at the Euro`s.

2. qs

qs New Member Elite

His emotional state my hole. Plenty of players got knocked out of the world cup last week in the same circumstances and have continued playing and done fine. As a professional player you have to be able to take these knocks, get back up, brush yourself down and be even better in the next game. It should make him hungrier with us, not want to give up.

This is exactly the kind of mental weakness we've all bemoaned for years.

3. alboots101

Capi would`ve popped round with a few San Miquels and told him whats what.

4. est

est New Member

This, combined with his obvious lack of fitness, is a bigger worry for me. I understand that missing out the last World Cup of his carreer can be demoralizing and can knock a player out for a few days emotionally, but the Chelsea game is a new challenge, perhaps the biggest of his Arsenal career thus far. He better pick himself up and deliver in this match.

5. MAK 14

MAK 14 New Member Trusted

But players aren't well oiled machines, they're human beings that have feelings. He's obviously very upset that he's failed to qualify because it would of been his last chance to go to the World Cup. The important thing is that it doesn't affect his performances on the pitch for Arsenal - and so for it hasn't, well certainly not against Liege.

I'm sure there have been plenty of other professionals who have felt the same; but unlike Arshavin, they don't speak out about it.

6. It might not be the mental state only. Don't forget that he arrived in London very late compared to all other players. It was a because of all these reasons combined that he was placed in the bench. If he were physically 100%, I doubt, he would not have started that match.

7. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

F**k the world cup, we pay his wages.

8. Burnwinter

Burnwinter New Member Elite

You're sort of misreading me. What I'm saying is: of course he's going to be down about missing out on the WC, but the problem is this limp-wristed interview. I fully expect him to put in a good effort today, it'd be nice if he could just do that without baring his soul to the press in a teary moment.

9. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

Indeed Burnsy he owes us a good game.
    We all have disappointments in our lives but we don't go crying to everyone- because no one really cares- you just have to get on with it.

10. lagos

lagos New Member Elite

I assume we have a club pyschologist? if so he needs to earn his pay

11. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

Arshavin needs to step up.

I've got to say, his interviews are starting to annoy me - not this one in particular but some how the fact that he thinks it's acceptable to laugh off the fact that he's not fully match fit two months into the season has made me a little frustrated to say the least.

12. USArsenal

USArsenal H.Y.I.C. Administrator

i think Arshavin will be just fine.. my personal feeling is that people are reading too much into this.. he was disappointed in Russia missing the WC.. he said what he felt on the day.. the next day, he most likely felt different..

13. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

he is a delightfully weird little bloke. i've learned to process everything arshavin says in a different way to all other footballers. He's either a genius or an idiot but i love him either way. i dont think we have reason to doubt his commitment to us on the pitch, if he starts just sitting on the sideline smoking a pipe, then i will question him.

14. CKD39

CKD39 New Member

Wenger once said that Bergkamp was the most dedicated professional he's ever worked with. They guy took brilliant care of his body, I doubt Arshavin will do the same, at 29 he already usually looks spent after 50 minutes.

15. alboots101

Too easy USArsl...it has to be deep seated and not picked up by the boss when we bought him..therefore its AW`s fault.

16. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

What annoyes me is that he plays if as he didn't care at all, I would like to see some eagerness and emotions today. He needs to step up big time, yes.

17. lagos

lagos New Member Elite

Some people seem to be happy with players running up and down the pitch unintelligently as meaning they are productive and "caring". I like Arshavin because while he is capable of much more, he is an utter genius and doesn't need to do the "running up and down" to make an impact, his productivity is in his brain.

18. alboots101

its the analists..i know best attitude...;)

19. Biggus

Biggus New Member Elite

Forget psychologists Lagos we need a club arse kicker!

20. qs

qs New Member Elite

Yep, when players start acting like women there should be a guy who slaps them in the face and says "grow a pair" not a ****ing psychologist. What do you call those guys, oh yeah, a captain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.