• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flobaba

GoonerGurjit said:
To me Arshavin just doesn't seem the player he was last season. Last year he was willing to take the bull by the horns in every game. He use to absolutely terrify defenders by running at them. This season he doesn't seem to have the desire or willingness to do that. He goes for the simple/easy option far too often for my liking.
Lol. He's been Wengerwashed. Same with Rosicky and Nasri to some extent (he was more of a direct player whilst playing for Marseille).
Wenger wants a team of 11 Fabregas': Puff puff Pass Pass..

Captain

Established Member
Yes, that's definitely it. The man who gave us Henry, Pires and Ljungberg doesn't like direct players.

est

:lol:
To me, the more obvious reason seems to be the fact that the little russian is badly out of form. He has tried to take on players, but lost the ball on most of these occasions.

fabo

6.51 / 10
There are a lack of direct players in the current squad though. The ones we do have don't have the ability or intelligence to utilise their pace correctly or effectively.....Walcott, Eboue. Arshavin doesn't fall into the category now as he's reluctant/unable to take players on this season it seems.

Captain

Established Member
The thing is that Arshavin is trying to go direct. It isn't coming off for him but it isn't like he has suddenly started play one-touch Rosicky style.

I think that he has lost some confidence in himself and is forcing things a little. His dribbling technique is so difficult and the margin for error is tiny. It's little feints, half side-steps, switching the ball between feet. Refs aren't giving him freekicks when he is obviously being impeded and slowly but surely he seems to have retreated into his shell.

I would personally go 4-4-2 with a Rosicky/Nasri wide and Arshavin up top for December but I don't Wenger wants that.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Should have scored on that Drogba **** up. Thats all I know. That was more or less the only opening we had all game. I wouldnt have wished for it to fall to someone else.

vantoure

patrick42uk said:
Should have scored on that Drogba f**k up. Thats all I know. That was more or less the only opening we had all game. I wouldnt have wished for it to fall to someone else.

exactly

beanz

Biggus said:
Shut up and do what we pay you for you tubby little twonk.
Don't beat about the bush Biggus, come out and say what you really mean!
I've got some sympathy for the lad, he's maybe felling a bit isolated at the moment, with no fellow countryman to empathise with.
I say, cut him some slack until Wednesday afternoo..... and then give him a SLAP! :twisted:

Accomplished

Established Member
In recent matches I don't think Arshavin is putting in any less effort than he did last season, it's just not coming off for him.

He's not in great form, get over it, it happens to everyone. He really hasn't been lazy and uninterested in the last few games.

hesham

Established Member
We need to start getting the best out of this guy if we are to start scoring freely again. He needs a more central/free role in the team.

Kraig

Established Member
we are the most fickle fans ive known. god last season, **** this season. hes out of form, but it happens. cesc last year was poor and looks great this year. it comes and goes. form is temp, class is perm.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Shava is top, top class. He's not in the best form, but he's got more talent than most players can even dream of. He'll step it up soon.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Kraig said:
we are the most fickle fans ive known. god last season, s**t this season. hes out of form, but it happens. cesc last year was poor and looks great this year. it comes and goes. form is temp, class is perm.

I agree in general but the real great players are consistent. Shava and Cesc aren't in that category yet.

Glovegun

Established Member
Arshavin is being let down by the players around him. Guys like Eduardo should be looking to attack the space, not to join the congested areas in the middle. The only two that do that are Clichy and Sagna, and to a certain extent Walcott.

Arshavin is a lot more effective when space is opened up for him. Eduardo shouldve been hanging on the shoulder of the last man, Nasri shouldve been pulling wide. Instead Nasri comes inside and Eduardo decides to do his stupid Bergkamp impression.

fabo

6.51 / 10
The general team performance doesn't excuse the sloppiness of his individual displays. His touch looks off, he looks less likely to beat players recently, his passing has been careless at times. Guy needs to improve big time.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
sabret00the said:
Gurgen said:
Denilson actually wasn't bad at all, but I guess people have their minds made up before he steps onto the pitch.
That's always the case with Denilson though. People have decided what their fantasy player would've done during the game and compare that to what Denilson done.

I find the inferiority complex some fans have about him even more annoying. He's not picked on any more than Diaby is or Song was when he first came into the side. He's playing in the spine of the team, and in a role that his predecessors set some very high standards thus he is more in the spotlight. If he plays badly in my opinion I'll say so and explain why - isn't that what having a forum is about?

progman07

Established Member
Arshavin critical of himself:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5737063,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 63,00.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"It doesn't matter where I play, on the right side or the left, I don't think I've played that well," he told the Evening Standard.

"Only sometimes have I shown my full skills and I'm not sure why that is."

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Andrey Arshavin admits he was "in shock" after Russia's surprising exit from the World Cup.

The Arsenal star is captain of his country and looked to be heading to next summer's Finals in South Africa when Russia took a 2-0 lead in the first-leg of their play-off against Slovenia last month.

But the underdogs grabbed a late goal in Moscow and then a 1-0 win in the return leg in Slovenia to take them through on the away-goals rule. Russia's elimination was overshadowed by the controversy in the Ireland-France play-off but that didn’t lessen the impact for Arshavin.

“It is still difficult for me to say anything [about the World Cup] - I was in shock," he told the Official Matchday Programme.

"But to be honest, Slovenia deserved the win. We have to stay positive, but that’s easy to say and difficult to do.

"I don’t know why it happened. It would have been easier if we hadn’t conceded late on in Russia, but it’s too late to talk about it really.

“Everyone in Russia believed we would qualify but there we are, it didn’t happen."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/usa/sh/news/news-archive/arshavin-i-was-shocked-by-world-cup-exit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/usa/sh/news/news ... d-cup-exit</a>

Hmm.... :roll:

qs

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Arshavin is being let down by the players around him.

I hate that argument. Its not true anyway. He sees plenty of the ball, theres usually good options for him. Its not the teams fault Shava is holding onto the ball too long, its not the teams fault his shootings not been great, its not the teams fault half the time he'll stand with his hand on his hips instead of chasing the ball or hassling defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom