• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

progman07

Established Member
You guys realize that Cesc, Gallas, RvP, etc. all think we should sign quality experienced players, but they don't always tell it.

Arshavin tells it, so what? The fans also know we need new players, the players also know it... what's the issue here? He didn't say Denilson is useless, or Diaby is ****. He only said we need reinforcements.

Accomplished

Established Member
progman07 said:
You guys realize that Cesc, Gallas, RvP, etc. all think we should sign quality experienced players, but they don't always tell it.

Arshavin tells it, so what? The fans also know we need new players, the players also know it... what's the issue here? He didn't say Denilson is useless, or Diaby is s**t. He only said we need reinforcements.

Some people will do anything just to be able to have a dig at one of our players.

Apparently Arshavin is a douche according to some people on here...this forum is full of lolz

ultradoc

Established Member
:lol: :lol:

This forum is really amazing. Just in the other thread we are making fun of wenger that he doesn't walk the talk. Just appeases fans by some pleasing statements about transfers and the like. and here...:lol:

est

Publicly proclaiming we're losers isn't going to do any good. If some players have problems with the squad, they should address the manager. But the first and foremost thing a player should be concerned is his own contribution. Quite frankly, Arshavin's hasn't been that great recently...

Burnwinter

Established Member
It surprises me an Arsenal player is in the press bleating about Chelsea's superiority and whinging about the squad, and some of you don't find it more annoying. This interview is just fodder for the storyline in which we get absolutely rolled this season.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
sabret00the said:
I hate players that complain about needing new players when they're not at the top of their own game.

Except for the fact that Arshavin has also admitted he is not in top form himself (from sky sports):
Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin believes his performances this season have not been up to scratch.

The Russia international has scored four Premier League goals this season, including a stunning strike in their defeat at Manchester United.

Arshavin started up front in Arsenal's derby with Chelsea on Sunday, but the match ended in a disappointing 3-0 defeat.

The 28-year-old has featured in a variety of positions under Arsène Wenger, however, he insists he has not impressed anywhere so far.

"It doesn't matter where I play, on the right side or the left, I don't think I've played that well," he told the Evening Standard.

"Only sometimes have I shown my full skills and I'm not sure why that is."

progman07

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
It surprises me an Arsenal player is in the press bleating about Chelsea's superiority and whinging about the squad, and some of you don't find it more annoying. This interview is just fodder for the storyline in which we get absolutely rolled this season.
So the whole forum is annoying. Saying the truth, how low Arshavin has sunk... :roll:

How can Arshavin's words hurt? We don't have a winner's mentality anyways and we aren't going to win anything in the next few years if we don't change something, with or without Shava's words.

Accomplished

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
sabret00the said:
I hate players that complain about needing new players when they're not at the top of their own game.

Except for the fact that Arshavin has also admitted he is not in top form himself (from sky sports):
Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin believes his performances this season have not been up to scratch.

The Russia international has scored four Premier League goals this season, including a stunning strike in their defeat at Manchester United.

Arshavin started up front in Arsenal's derby with Chelsea on Sunday, but the match ended in a disappointing 3-0 defeat.

The 28-year-old has featured in a variety of positions under Arsène Wenger, however, he insists he has not impressed anywhere so far.

"It doesn't matter where I play, on the right side or the left, I don't think I've played that well," he told the Evening Standard.

"Only sometimes have I shown my full skills and I'm not sure why that is."

shhhh...Arshavin's a douche, that interview is clearly just trying to push his own agenda of playing for Barca one day. He's more interested in giving interviews about his performance than improving his actual performance...
:roll:

ultradoc

Established Member
Yes, that's what he said--" we are losers" . Proclamation too. Mike in hand and all.
The english tabloids should be ashamed when they see our forum.

He is just a kid type guy and speaks his heart. He was just speaking as just another fan, it's too obvious. I don't even see any kind of moaning in those statements like gallas did last time round. "We are losing against big teams and we need a couple of quality big signings" how big a deal can be made out of that? how many on here wouldn't identify with that statement either?
People sitting here in front of heir computers cannot take losses,how bitter do you think classy players in the team would be, just becos of wenger's youth project.

And yea, quite quite frankly, arshavin's contributions and performances have been fine really. Looks like people are judging him everygame by those 4 goal game against l'pool. He put players through against chelsea,which is so tough considering their defence, now if your forward is young, injured or needing time to adjust to the premier league and needs time on the ball...it's shava's fault.

I wonder if one of our players were on the end of that ball that ibra scored against real-direct volley. they'd first try to control it and beat a defender before trying to have a go at casillas.

Accomplished

Established Member
Alfonso said:
If Gallas had said this you would all be out for his blood.

Aren't you the guy that said to me that I can't decide what type of fans people are?

Hypocritical much?

If Gallas said this stuff..I wouldn't care...much like I don't really care now...

Zico

Established Member
He's been very inconsistent, but he's still probably our 4th most useful player this year after Cesc, Robin and Alex. That's not too shabby. What's heartening is that an out of sorts Arshavin is still relatively productive with respect to goals and assists.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Don't see what the big issue is. Some people don't like the way he handles himself in interviews, others do.

The big issue should be his average displays and lack of influence on the team over recent months.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
What people here don't understand is that we know how talkative Arshavin is, we know how honest he is in assessment whether it's about himself(like I posted on previous page) or about the team.

When we signed him, and he did all these crazy interviews, he was open then, but you found it funny, he's being open again now, but you find irritating. You have to take the rough with the smooth and not pick or choose when you like it or not.

Alfonso

Established Member
Accomplished said:
Aren't you the guy that said to me that I can't decide what type of fans people are

Yes. But I am juding what I have experienced on here regarding people's views on Gallas, esp this time last year he might as well been Hittler. This is more specific than your pointless asserstion the other day. By the way, you need to grow a pair, you need to accept other people have different views to you and stop taking everything so personal.

Accomplished

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Accomplished said:
Aren't you the guy that said to me that I can't decide what type of fans people are

Yes. But I am juding what I have experienced on here regarding people's views on Gallas, esp this time last year he might as well been Hittler. This is more specific than your pointless asserstion the other day. By the way, you need to grow a pair, you need to accept other people have different views to you and stop taking everything so personal.

Hang on, isn't that exactly what you're doing now? And my assertion was based on the views expressed by people on this forum, and by yourself.

It's exactly the same, don't try and make it different.

And I don't take things personally, I reply to things I disagree with, isn't that what you do? Or do you prefer to just make random assertions, and not have a conversation with other people? Things on this forum don't bother me, I might come across as angry, but really I'm just trying to explain how ridiculous I find some of this stuff.

You seem to mistake a debate with a personal argument. That's not my problem, it's yours. Maybe you don't use forums a lot? It's pretty common to have heated debates, and then just get on with things, forgive and forget...which I've pretty much done, but you're the only one getting in the way of that...

Burnwinter

Established Member
progman07 said:
So the whole forum is annoying. Saying the truth, how low Arshavin has sunk... :roll:
Burnwinter said:
Is Arshavin an A-M poster in disguise?
Fair to say I also spotted the similarity ;-)

I get that it doesn't bother everyone, but it bothers me to see one of our senior players praising the strengths of the league leaders, who've just beaten us badly at home, in the papers.

Regarding Arshavin's efforts on the pitch, I think he has generally put in a good shift actually. I sympathise with how low he was over Russia's WC exit but again I would've preferred it if he could've just kept his vulnerability under his hat.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I think that standards expected of him has gotten too high, and rightfully so after last year's phenomenal performances.

This year he has taken less of a risk, played more of a team game. Its still heartening for me to see him trying very hard, trying to tackle and track back when he dosent do any of these back then at Zenit and in Russian games. You can clearly see how AW philosophy affected him and even he has changed his style when playing for Russia.

Whenever he misses a chance or weighted a pass too heavily, the look on his face says it all. He is more disappointed with himself than anyone in the world and that can only help us when he is back on form.

Accomplished

Established Member
Clrnc said:
I think that standards expected of him has gotten too high, and rightfully so after last year's phenomenal performances.

This year he has taken less of a risk, played more of a team game. Its still heartening for me to see him trying very hard, trying to tackle and track back when he dosent do any of these back then at Zenit and in Russian games. You can clearly see how AW philosophy affected him and even he has changed his style when playing for Russia.

Whenever he misses a chance or weighted a pass too heavily, the look on his face says it all. He is more disappointed with himself than anyone in the world and that can only help us when he is back on form.

Great post. He is gutted when we lose and gutted when he mucks up. That's important.

progman07

Established Member
One thing I accept is that it's not the right time for Arshavin to talk too much, he is in terrible form and he doesn't show the best attitude on the pitch (or at least it looks so).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom