• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wow Arshavin Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Accomplished said:
Great post. He is gutted when we lose and gutted when he mucks up. That's important.
This I agree with. It helps us to have players to whom losing is painful and Arshavin is one of those.

otfgoon

Established Member
To be perfectly honest, on the pitch it has not looked like he's had an appetite for the game all season.

Alfonso

Established Member
Accomplished said:
And I don't take things personally, I reply to things I disagree with, isn't that what you do?

Sure, you can reply to things you disagree with, but sometimes the way you reply is very OTT and unnecessarily aggressive, you take things on the chin more and not take things to heart so much.

Accomplished said:
Things on this forum don't bother me, I might come across as angry, but really I'm just trying to explain how ridiculous I find some of this stuff.

They dont bother you? I want to see what happens when it does! Listen, you just need to calm down before writing your posts and act more mature. Fine if there is something you dont agree with but you have to accept everyone has their opinion and when you start swearing and be patronising then your posts lose their value.

Accomplished said:
You seem to mistake a debate with a personal argument. That's not my problem, it's yours. Maybe you don't use forums a lot? It's pretty common to have heated debates, and then just get on with things, forgive and forget...which I've pretty much done, but you're the only one getting in the way of that...

If its carried out in a good spirit its a debate, once you cross the line and start act like you do sometimes then its not a debate anymore, because you made it personal. I do forgive and forget but when every other post is condescending then it becomes a problem.

sabret00the

Established Member
OohtobeaGoonerGal said:
sabret00the said:
I hate players that complain about needing new players when they're not at the top of their own game.

Except for the fact that Arshavin has also admitted he is not in top form himself (from sky sports):
Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin believes his performances this season have not been up to scratch.

The Russia international has scored four Premier League goals this season, including a stunning strike in their defeat at Manchester United.

Arshavin started up front in Arsenal's derby with Chelsea on Sunday, but the match ended in a disappointing 3-0 defeat.

The 28-year-old has featured in a variety of positions under Arsène Wenger, however, he insists he has not impressed anywhere so far.

"It doesn't matter where I play, on the right side or the left, I don't think I've played that well," he told the Evening Standard.

"Only sometimes have I shown my full skills and I'm not sure why that is."
So saying "I know I've been **** all season, failed to get fit and haven't offered half of what I should on the pitch, but I think we need bigger and better players" is fine because it's prefixed with a disclaimer?! As I said, it's one thing to be at your best and ask it, it's another to ask for a sofa when you haven't even got a house.

Accomplished

Established Member
sabret00the said:
So saying "I know I've been s**t all season, failed to get fit and haven't offered half of what I should on the pitch, but I think we need bigger and better players" is fine because it's prefixed with a disclaimer?!

It's fine with or without the disclaimer as far as I'm concerned

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
progman07 said:
One thing I accept is that it's not the right time for Arshavin to talk too much, he is in terrible form and he doesn't show the best attitude on the pitch (or at least it looks so).
How? I am surprised many people thinks so. Illusion addressed the point time and time again already.

He is one of the hardest try-er on pitch. When it isn't going for him, he tackles high up the pitch and tries another pass. Whenever he misses a chance for us, he looks more gutted than anyone on pitch. Whenever we lose, it looks like he actually cared. Whatever he said is true anyway, he isn't in his best form mentally and physically, he is trying his best, we should give him time and most importantly utmost support.

progman07

Established Member
Clrnc said:
progman07 said:
One thing I accept is that it's not the right time for Arshavin to talk too much, he is in terrible form and he doesn't show the best attitude on the pitch (or at least it looks so).
How? I am surprised many people thinks so. Illusion addressed the point time and time again already.

He is one of the hardest try-er on pitch. When it isn't going for him, he tackles high up the pitch and tries another pass. Whenever he misses a chance for us, he looks more gutted than anyone on pitch. Whenever we lose, it looks like he actually cared. Whatever he said is true anyway, he isn't in his best form mentally and physically, he is trying his best, we should give him time and most importantly utmost support.
Well, sometimes he tries hard, but many times he is standing still or he is late to stand up after getting to the ground, etc. His body language isn't promising, anyways.

otfgoon said:
If he's trying his best then his fitness levels suck.
This might also be an answer for it. Which leads to the attitude, why doesn't he get fit?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
progman07 said:
Well, sometimes he tries hard, but many times he is standing still or he is late to stand up after getting to the ground, etc. His body language isn't promising, anyways.
I think the main reason he is late to stand up is because he is really disappointed with himself and takes a long time to recover. You must remember recently he really isn't that good mentally.

progman07 said:
otfgoon said:
If he's trying his best then his fitness levels suck.
This might also be an answer for it. Which leads to the attitude, why doesn't he get fit?
This is another reason imo. I saw a picture of his Russia game and he have a fat belly. Can see from his jersey in Arsenal games too. But I am glad he is trying his best to get his fitness.

xcdude24

Established Member
Don't really understand why anyone would be butt hurt about what he said, considering he's absolutely right. I wouldn't be talking if I were him, though. He's the type of player that can carry a team by himself if everyone else is playing like ****, and right now he's not doing that.

kamikaze80

Established Member
arshavin at least is honest about the state of the club. lets not pretend the players are good enough, when they aren't. there's no amount of belief that wenger can instill that will transform a decent player into an excellent one, or change a player's personality or character or physical attributes.

Captain

Established Member
Honest or not, he's a prick and probably my least favourite arsenal player of the last few seasons.

Illusion

Established Member
We need more Arshavin's.

Most importantly, we need more people who speak their mind like he does in this club because right now it's full of yes men who never disagree with Wenger.

No matter how talented you are or how clever you are, you are always doomed to making mistakes without an objective opinion or two around you.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
sabre has entered the "Endris zone" regarding Arshavin.

I think he'll come good. The problem is the lack of talent and experience at key positions, he can't fix that. He also can't force other players to pass him the ball, or run into space when he's holding up the ball.

His form has suffered this season. He's disappointed at times. But he's also a match winner, something we have in limited supply.

Burnwinter

Established Member
The Arshavin sideshow is not a huge issue compared to our form and our squad, or even Arshavin's own performances, but the suggestion that it's a positive that he's always out there, showing his arse to the media, is baffling.

Presenting a united, confident front is a fundamental for any organisation.

It's not necessary to harp on about Arshavin exclusively - he's just a guy out in a foreign country with a hotline to an attentive press pack. Ever present opportunity to supply these confessionals is a trap of the modern game that catches up some players more than others.

lee1001

Established Member
He can **** right off. I'm sick of his moaning. It's fine to complain when your are giving everything on the pitch but for a player that Wenger thinks is potentially better than Ronaldo (LMAO!)his form has been disgraceful.

How can the younger players look up to a moaning, fashion loving *****. He isn't on enough money, he doesn't want to be here, that's plain to see.

Barcelona 15M, yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom