• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wright or Henry?

Who is your favourite Wright or Henry?

• Wrighty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Aussie

Established Member
Id love for Wrighty to still be playing for us today. Someone invent a time machine.

It would be intresting to see Wrighty play in the current Arsenal team. With the service he would get he would be amazing. Have to consider the teams both played in. Would Henry be as good if he played in the teams Wright played in? He would still be amazing but wouldnt score as many. Anyway both amazing players and both do deserve to hold the goal scoring record.

However as people have said you just had to love everything about Wrighty. The cheeky grin, the crazy celebrations, the amazing goals. Anyone who started supporting Arsenal during Wrights time will say Wrighty without a doubt.

Biggus

Established Member
YAMAMAMAMEbergkamp said:
Dennis Bergkamp

Yes, Dennis along with Liam Brady were the most technically perfect Arsenal players-
Yes, Wrighty personified the joy and exurberance of playing for us-a real fans favourite-
TA well he was/is... Mr Arsenal-
As I've said before-simply the most gifted genius to pull on an Arsenal shirt.....

Biggus

Established Member
brianfrance said:
I'm a foreign glory hunter! I'm a foreign glory hunter!
AND I f**k YOU !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Yeah....Do'nt worry about The Guv Brian.....He just hates foreigners...modernity....anything new.....etc

I'm a Foreign glory hunter too...I jumped on the Arsenal band-wagon after we won the double.....in 1971

A

Anonymous

Oh Yeah....Do'nt worry about The Guv Brian.....He just hates foreigners...modernity....anything new.....etc

I'm a Foreign glory hunter too...I jumped on the Arsenal band-wagon after we won the double.....in 1971
mug

Gurgen

Established Member
I don't see why the younger fans can't choose Wright. I was born in 1987 and I chose Wright. In fact, the first Arsenal game I saw featured Wright and Bergkamp. Well Bergkamp is my all-time favourite, but Wright was just fantastic. I guess when you're a little kid you worship footballers a bit more, that's why I don't have the affection for Henry that I have for Wright and Bergkamp.

patrick42uk

Established Member
younger fans can choose wright. i used the generation gap to to try to explain why a lot of people might vote in favour of henry over wright. its a possible explanation, an alternative to everybody who doesnt vote wright is a glory-hunter, although it doesnt always have to apply.

Biggus

Established Member

Heh heh.....you do'nt know how apt that name is......

I trace the exact genisis of becoming a Gunner to as a young lad still entralled after seeing his first FA cup final (1971) I was in my friends house, His mum asked me if I would like a cup of tea and to choose a mug from the collection of football mugs she had in the kitchen....my eyes immeadiatly fell on two....an orange and black one with wolves head, and a red and white one with a cannon which I quickly associated with the team whom I had just seem triumph, so that was the clincher.......What a mug I would have been to choose the Wolves one, To think one small decision could lead to a lifetime of agony or happiness.

Anyhow Guv...I'm only rattling your cage....You are the standard-bearer of this clubs very historic tradition here :wink:

AFCG7

Established Member
You may have a point patrick42uk.. last year when a web poll was done as to who was the greatest ever footballer.. Maradona came out on top.. but on closer analysis almost all his votes came from younger people. 80% of the people who saw both him and Pele play voted for the Brazilian.The younger fans simply never saw Pele in action.
Some fans never saw Wrighty play, never saw him up close on the football pitch so they will never know how great he was as a player .
He was the most popular among the fans and he was also a fan of the fans himself.He loved the fans , especially when things werent going well and we mouthed off at him..he absolutely loved it. I can imagine him playing today..if he was subjected to the kind of booing the Pompey fans gave to Pires i'm sure he would enjoy every minute of it.

kanuuu

Established Member
Henry is a better player, but i prefer Wrighty, such a ****ing legend, Thierry will be too mind.

Doctor Know

Henry is the better player, but of course Wright is my favourite. He is a gooner, was commited, entertaining and passionate about his football.

A

Anonymous

Heh heh.....you do'nt know how apt that name is......

I trace the exact genisis of becoming a Gunner to as a young lad still entralled after seeing his first FA cup final (1971) I was in my friends house, His mum asked me if I would like a cup of tea and to choose a mug from the collection of football mugs she had in the kitchen....my eyes immeadiatly fell on two....an orange and black one with wolves head, and a red and white one with a cannon which I quickly associated with the team whom I had just seem triumph, so that was the clincher.......What a mug I would have been to choose the Wolves one, To think one small decision could lead to a lifetime of agony or happiness.

Anyhow Guv...I'm only rattling your cage....You are the standard-bearer of this clubs very historic tradition here
:wink: You just confused me with that stuff about me hating all foreign gooners. Because that actually isnt true. I just have the bottle to stand up and question certain things. I think you will find in some of my posts - especially in the thread lets discuss the fans - that i have said i have the upmost respect for alot of foreign gooners as i know how hard it is to support from another country. But what i also will do is question a foreign gooner if indeed i felt they may be a glory fan, but im not calling all foreigners glory fans. I just found it hard to believe how many more have voted for henry, which leads me to suggest that they have never seen wright play and experienced what joy hae gave to all of us who watched him. He lit up a very boring 90's.

bethie

Josjos said:
If you read the posts, pretty much 85% of the posts are in favour of Wrighty, but the votes far outweigh in henry's favour, I think this shows, (and it's no critiscism, just a point of interest) that maybe the majority of the people who voted, are 98 onwards supporters, people who never realised or saw the full impact of Ian Wright. I don't mean everyone, just an indication.

or maybe there are people that does belong to the pre-98 supporters.
who voted for henry.

is it very hard to grasp that maybe there are older fans who really think henry is more their cup of tea as compared to wright? :roll:

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
bethie said:
Josjos said:
If you read the posts, pretty much 85% of the posts are in favour of Wrighty, but the votes far outweigh in henry's favour, I think this shows, (and it's no critiscism, just a point of interest) that maybe the majority of the people who voted, are 98 onwards supporters, people who never realised or saw the full impact of Ian Wright. I don't mean everyone, just an indication.

who voted for henry.

is it very hard to grasp that maybe there are older fans who really think henry is more their cup of tea as compared to wright? :roll:

Yes, cos if you were an Arsenal fan in the mid 90's, Ian Wright was quite literally the only reason to turn up. Thierry Henry, great as he is, isn't.

Josjos

Originally posted by Josjos:

who voted for henry.

is it very hard to grasp that maybe there are older fans who really think henry is more their cup of tea as compared to wright?

Yes, cos if you were an Arsenal fan in the mid 90's, Ian Wright was quite literally the only reason to turn up. Thierry Henry, great as he is, isn't.

exactly, i think people who watched Wrighty play in thos teams recognise that

freddie8

really can't choose.

wright: he's english, great smile, played consistently well, magic.

henry: 2 times second in world player, va-va-voom, scores great goals.

if i had to, i'd go for wright.

Latest posts

Top Bottom