• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wright-Phillips and Arsenal

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 2,560

satan_beckham

after watching man u with man city where wright phillips scored a wonderful individual goal,i must say he is very impressive,more impressive than pennant..better attitude too and if pennant goes and he must come,he is not only good in attacking,he also cope very well with christaino ronaldo in that match

A

Anonymous

we would buy him to play anywhere, like kolo. he has speed, skill and is determined. he is getting better every game and i spent the whole of last nights match saying "we have definately got to get him".
he can play right back, he plays there some games for city. he played there last night and was the best city player.
you say he would weaken our defence ! doesnt cole supposedly do that because of all the attacking runs he makes ? hes still class. wright would just be like ashley cole, hes a **** laod better than lauren. and anyone who says otherwise obviously hasnt watched him properly !

A

Anonymous

but we all know chelsea will get him cause they will offer 10 million more then us,by the way i think they will also pick up Rooney the cheating bastards

A

Anonymous

i like pennant, have rated him since i saw him when he was just 16. i have been waiting for years to see him make it into the first team, then when he does he scores a hatrick, great, we have a top class player. but no wenger gets rid of him. now i would say there is a 5% chance pennant will return to highbury, i hope he does, but i doubt he will. i would love to have wrighty playing for us. he can play anywhere really and is the type of player that suits our style. you are all saying "what about pennant", well why not have both ?? then pennant and ljungberg can play right mid or even up front, this will mean we wouldnt need to buy a striker. as we would have henry,ali,reyes and the option of freddie and pennant, and bentley coming through. pennant will also give us the extra attacking midfielder we lack. wright can however fill in/play instead of lauren, or can come into the midfield !!! if we get the 2, we will have a great squad !!! which is what we will need for next season !
but not good enof for the best team on the planet
neither is gilberto, nor lauren !! or even kanu and wiltord for that matter.
i would rather see wright in the arsenal shirt than ****berto anyday !!
send gilberto to the reserves and use him in the carling cup games.
edu,paddy,ljungberg,pires,wright,pennant what a midfield squad !!

kanooo

Adam said:
Wright-Phillips is not good enough for Arsenal, and if he is - what happened to Jermaine Pennant?

...and if he were to play RB for us, it would considerably weaken our defence.

Exactly. He's good but I don't see much difference between Pennant and Wright-Phillips. If Wenger even doesn't want Pennant, I don't think he had Wright-Phillips in his mind.

Taozhe

Pennant = off pitch problems.

Wright Philips = Havnt heard anything bad about him. And he has Ian Wright connections.

Both players have the ability to be good but Wenger wants discipline. I think Wenger DO have big plans for Pennant but to be honest, like Jeffers , they both blew it. Not Wenger's fault seriously.

Look at clichy. Look at toure. They are given a chance becos they are capable and they TOOK the chance they were given. Wenger see's the players in training and he knows what's he's doing.

We are yet to know of Wenger's plans. The sale of Volz was unpredicted and hurtful to many but we trust wenger.

kNiteMare

[quote="Taozhe]I think Wenger DO have big plans for Pennant but to be honest, like Jeffers , they both blew it. Not Wenger's fault seriously. [/quote]
I really feel sorry for Pennant, how stupid can he be throwing away his career at Arsenal like that. I agree that I think Wenger had a plan for him, it's his fault that he doesnt take it and continue his ****ty lifestyle.

[quote="Taozhe]We are yet to know of Wenger's plans. The sale of Volz was unpredicted and hurtful to many but we trust wenger.[/quote]
I was not happy that Volz was sold when he performed superbly(sp.) at fulham but we have to trust Wenger. Many people say Hoytes is the reason for that but i still have my doubt and wont believe it until i see Hoytes play.

A

Anonymous

I really feel sorry for Pennant, how stupid can he be throwing away his career
how can you feel sorry for him, when, like you said he threw it away !! he as are all young footballers these days are over hyped over paid, show off priks. i see alot of them at pubs and clubs, and they just talk about how rich they are and how good they are. the amount of money and popularity they get has corrupted them all.
pennant,woodgate,dyer,smith all have ruined parts of their careers because they would rather go out drinking and causing trouble than focusing on their games !! rooney is another one going that way !!
if pennant wants to spend all his money on booze,clothes and drugs then thats up to him, i have no sympathy !! it must be his attitude that got him dropped from arsenal, cos his onfield performances were brilliant.
i was disappointed more than most when i heard he was leaving, and i hope wenger decides to give him a 2nd chance.
it think wright and pennant should eb in our squad next year. then we would have wright,kolo,pennant,freddie and reyes who could all play in different positions !!

Soler

Established Member
Hype is going to kill this Freddy Adu kid. I have a feeling he won't amount to much in his career because of all the hype the Yank media and a few transfer rumours have been placed on him. Inter wanted to sign him at 12 and play him!!

Aussie

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Hype is going to kill this Freddy Adu kid. I have a feeling he won't amount to much in his career because of all the hype the Yank media and a few transfer rumours have been placed on him. Inter wanted to sign him at 12 and play him!!

I agree what can be going through your head when your 14 and all this stuff is being said about you. It cant have a good effect on you. My advice to him would be not to move abroad to early and play in the American League for a while.

I think if the freddy rumours are true and he is going to go to real, lets take the 20m and get junior wrighty, he has pace can finish and cross. He's wrighty's son so no doubt he'll try his heart out and i reckon AW could turn him into a great player.

Shaun Wright Wright Wright!

Arjan

Sol said:
Fantastic little player, with little the key word.

But his positioning is excellent and I was amazed how many header he won against Man United! For someone who is 4 foot 3"

Aussie

Established Member
Jinn said:
Why does everyone like Wright-Phillips?

He's not THAT good!

Well i disagree and belive he is a super talent and he is only young.
A lot of it has to do with Ian Wright and being his adopted son and all.

Adam

Established Member
Jermaine Pennant is a superior prospect IMO. Playing in a struggling Leeds side is not helping his case.

Aussie

Established Member
Adam said:
Jermaine Pennant is a superior prospect IMO. Playing in a struggling Leeds side is not helping his case.

The only good thing is he is learning how to tough situations out but he might as well bugger off from the gunners if he is going to keep playing for leeds. As they dont exactly play wegnerball they play were a **** side just wack it in the box and see what happens ball.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I will be so happy if Arsenal do not buy Wright-Phillips. I am extremely happy at the moment with Lauren and Ljungberg, and unless he wants to sit the bench, then i say forget him. Cristiano Ronaldo had so much space and time against City because of his runs upfield and his inability to get back, and United should've capitalised. Thank God they suck!

The Mini

SWP would be a great buy... he can play right when Bobby hangs his boots, so that Freddie can play left.

Top Bottom