• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wright-Phillips, The Right Wing and Cesc?

sabret00the

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
re: 5, eboue has the physical tools, he needs experience to learn how to defend and position himself. his upside is as an ashley clone on the right side; he seems to like bombing forward. he must learn to contain that urge if hes going to succeed lauren, whos still got a year or two of servicability left. best case scenario, hoyte becomes 2nd choice RB next season while eboue learns his trade on loan, then comes back as 1st choice RB.
have you watched the lad play? his positioning is good, i'd say better than Laurens and with his pace he's allowed to bomb forward as he gets back and when he's up is involved int eh play, seriously you're talking for the sake of talking, judge him on performances not on guess work.

A

Anonymous

GunneDown said:
Kha0z said:
If Jaoquin is ready to leave betis, damm Liverpool.. and a drunken ferret. Arsenal is the destination.

Outside of that Jesus Nevas is someone you can call suitable.

From now till then however, if berg and hleb are out at any time.

Eboue at rb, Lauren at rm for balance.
Or.
Lauren at rb, Quincy at rw.

To be honest, tho. Talk about left and right channels, despite being nessecary to Arsenal overall are at lower priority in the grand scheme.

1st - Cm stability is needed.
2nd - CB is needed.
3rd - Proper 2nd choice and definate future 1st choice GK is needed.
4th - Definate Second Striker is needed, out and out/targetman/w/e
5th - Groomed RB is needed.6th - Left Channel is needed. Pires being the aged bastage.
7th - Right midfield option is needed.

I'd go into more detail with my post but the gist of it is straight forward and should be understandable.

you idiot.....

Wow. The peasant called me an idiot. Some balls.

A) Lauren is 28, If you aren't going to look for some potential young blood to serve as a true understudy, then you are just neglectful.

B) Eboue, is getting props from people who haven't seen him play over a period of more then two games. The carling cup goal is history.

C) Hoyte is not yet able to cut it.

D) While Ashley cole has always had relative cover in the form of Clichy, for a long while.. and have been given the odd run in together as left back and left winger, no such pattern has emerged for the right hand side. It's been Lauren or Lauren. Hoyte has got a few look ins. He never looked comfortable in a single Arsenal match, especially the infamous 'battle of OT'.. Hoyte may well come back in the mould, but seeing as how Wenger himself see's Hoyte as a CB rather then RB, it means.. There is still an obvious opening.

E) If we do have a RB in waiting, and Eboue is that person, then gradually that understudy must be given certain games to blood him into the team, and to give him the grounding.. so he won't choke at the first attempt.

Logic. Something you GunneDown do not possess. Punk.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Hmmm...I haven't seen enough of Eboue to really comment. He looks to be a pretty good player though.

It's a bit weird how some people see Senderos as not very good now. Last year he was fecking excellent during the run in, he made a few slip ups, but they'll gradually disappear as the games go. He's very young and to step in the way he has done at a top european club I think is great. Don't get me wrong, I'd pick a fit Campbell and Toure everyday of the week, but my heart don't skip a beat when I see Senderos's name on the team sheet like it does if I see Cygan's. Seriously, when I saw Cygan on the touchline ready to come on at the Lane, I had this awful moment of panic. It took John Terry a while to become an accomplished defender, but you could see he was a great player even at the start of his career, and I think you can see great qualities to Senderos's game too!

With Quincy, i'd like to see him start a few games. Just see what he can do? He gives us something a little different as in he's bloody direct. At the lane in the first half both Freddie and Reyes had chances to go straight at their back four and get them retreating and neither of them looked as though they could do it or fancied it, there was no belief they could get in behind and they promptly lost the ball. That effected how the game went in the first half. Sp**s were pushing us further and further back because there was no threat from us

You look at how Defoe and that Lennon bloke (who looked a bit tasty, did anyone else think that?) went and attacked our fullbacks, that threat stopped us from bombing forward as much as were used to

GunneDown

Kha0z said:
GunneDown said:
Kha0z said:
If Jaoquin is ready to leave betis, damm Liverpool.. and a drunken ferret. Arsenal is the destination.

Outside of that Jesus Nevas is someone you can call suitable.

From now till then however, if berg and hleb are out at any time.

Eboue at rb, Lauren at rm for balance.
Or.
Lauren at rb, Quincy at rw.

To be honest, tho. Talk about left and right channels, despite being nessecary to Arsenal overall are at lower priority in the grand scheme.

1st - Cm stability is needed.
2nd - CB is needed.
3rd - Proper 2nd choice and definate future 1st choice GK is needed.
4th - Definate Second Striker is needed, out and out/targetman/w/e
5th - Groomed RB is needed.6th - Left Channel is needed. Pires being the aged bastage.
7th - Right midfield option is needed.

I'd go into more detail with my post but the gist of it is straight forward and should be understandable.

you idiot.....

Wow. The peasant called me an idiot. Some balls.

A) Lauren is 28, If you aren't going to look for some potential young blood to serve as a true understudy, then you are just neglectful.

B) Eboue, is getting props from people who haven't seen him play over a period of more then two games. The carling cup goal is history.

C) Hoyte is not yet able to cut it.

D) While Ashley cole has always had relative cover in the form of Clichy, for a long while.. and have been given the odd run in together as left back and left winger, no such pattern has emerged for the right hand side. It's been Lauren or Lauren. Hoyte has got a few look ins. He never looked comfortable in a single Arsenal match, especially the infamous 'battle of OT'.. Hoyte may well come back in the mould, but seeing as how Wenger himself see's Hoyte as a CB rather then RB, it means.. There is still an obvious opening.

E) If we do have a RB in waiting, and Eboue is that person, then gradually that understudy must be given certain games to blood him into the team, and to give him the grounding.. so he won't choke at the first attempt.

Logic. Something you GunneDown do not possess. Punk.

I would use metler... but Punk will do.

Your second post made more sense. a right back for the future. i can see Lauren doing a good job for at least another 2 maybe 3 seasons. Unless someone really special comes along. but i can't see that. not yet.

sabret00the

Established Member
GunneDown said:
I would use metler... but Punk will do.

Your second post made more sense. a right back for the future. i can see Lauren doing a good job for at least another 2 maybe 3 seasons. Unless someone really special comes along. but i can't see that. not yet.
Lauren will be good - very good for another 2-3 seasons max but what you have to understand that with each season he gets slower and offers less and less on the right side to make up for our lack of a wide man down that side, we should cash in on Lauren while he's the best right back in the league as some of you tout him, he'll bring decent cash and he'd be willing to move to spain as that's where his mrs wants to be.

kamikaze80

Established Member
sabre, seeing as i live in the states, i havent seen eboue for the reserves at all but ive seen him for the first team as much as anyone else. its not a huge sample from which i can say anything definitively, but i dont think hes the finished article yet defensively. we've yet to see him for any extended period against superior opposition, and until he proves he can handle a top winger, i have to assume hes not as good defensively right now as lauren, otherwise hed be playing in front of him.

in any event, i rate him highly and think hes on course to be our ash on the right in about a year or two, which coincides nicely with when we should be looking to replace lauren. and his presence on the bench in several matches shows that wenger rates him as well. im just not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

sabret00the

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
sabre, seeing as i live in the states, i havent seen eboue for the reserves at all but ive seen him for the first team as much as anyone else. its not a huge sample from which i can say anything definitively, but i dont think hes the finished article yet defensively. we've yet to see him for any extended period against superior opposition, and until he proves he can handle a top winger, i have to assume hes not as good defensively right now as lauren, otherwise hed be playing in front of him.

in any event, i rate him highly and think hes on course to be our ash on the right in about a year or two, which coincides nicely with when we should be looking to replace lauren. and his presence on the bench in several matches shows that wenger rates him as well. im just not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet.
what you need to realise that nerves can get the better of you for like 20 minutes, give him 3 full games and you'll change your mind, he's not the finished product but i wouldn't rate him far behind lauren if at all. remember how he had babel in his pocket after babel had lauren looking like a dumpling?

kamikaze80

Established Member
i do (i think), and it could also just have been babel tiring in the 2nd half. im not trying to be a prick, i swear! :)

anyway back to the original gist of the thread, i think everyone calling for joaquin is making a knee-jerk reaction to hleb being injured, unless you think hleb is the answer at CM. what im saying is, you cant want both a CM and a RM, unless you think hleb is useless, cos he has to play somewhere.

Feanor

Established Member
Joaquin is a class and in need of moving. He's become stale at Betis but if Chelsea are after him, there's no way in hell he's coming here. I've not seen enough of Eboue to tell but from everything I've read, he has huge upside. Hoyte is too small to play CB, that is actually one of my biggest complaints this season, we're too small as a team.

A

Anonymous

Chelsea my ass.

Bid for the man, If Chelsea raise up the ante. Then add more. At least drag up the damm price and stop letting Chelsea get players by default.

GunneDown, My post always made sense. Check the defination of groomed before you try to piss me off on a tuesday. There is no second choice experience in RB. That must change.

And preferibly should offer something different from Lauren. If Lauren is a battler, there's nothing wrong with having a purely defensive right back, Italian right wing backs tactics essentially... who are like a damm wall.. AC Milan used to use it to good effect.

But that said, RB is really missing the point, there are higher positions that need in depth assessment in Arsenal.

Feanor

Established Member
Kha0z said:
Chelsea my ass.

Bid for the man, If Chelsea raise up the ante. Then add more. At least drag up the damm price and stop letting Chelsea get players by default.

GunneDown, My post always made sense. Check the defination of groomed before you try to piss me off on a tuesday. There is no second choice experience in RB. That must change.

And preferibly should offer something different from Lauren. If Lauren is a battler, there's nothing wrong with having a purely defensive right back, Italian right wing backs tactics essentially... who are like a damm wall.. AC Milan used to use it to good effect.

But that said, RB is really missing the point, there are higher positions that need in depth assessment in Arsenal.

Dude, it's a fact that we, or anyone else for that matter, cannot compete with Chelsea if the player doesn't really want to come here. I agree we should make a bid and see where it goes. Joaquin is a class player and I think he would thrive in this system.

Viper

Established Member
pha2er said:
the right wing imo has always needed strengthening, ljungberg and then who? hleb? he's a CM pretending to be a winger. Eboue? doesn't do it for me.

let's just buy joaquin and get it over and done with ;)
Hleb impressed me against Porto, Chelsea, Ajax, and Fulham while on the wings.

He can do a job there quite well in my opinion. He has good passing, he is quick, and has good ball control. But CM is defintely his real position though.

_scorpion_

Established Member
sabret00the said:
_scorpion_ said:
Hleb is not the answer at RM. He is a CM or deep striker where he can assist a player further in front. He Play's better from the middle.

I agree we need another option on the right apart from Cesc and Jaoquin may be an option albeit an expensive one.

Also agree that while this is a transitional year we might aswell try Quincy in that position. But this is only in the instances where Freddie is out.

I still feel Freddie is currently our best option there because of his industriousness and ability to lose his marker and make runs in the box.

Wenger tried to get Robinio but we were thwarted by Madrid......and we all know what happened to SWP.
you think robinho was coming in to play right wing?

110%

A

Anonymous

Feanor said:
Dude, it's a fact that we, or anyone else for that matter, cannot compete with Chelsea if the player doesn't really want to come here. I agree we should make a bid and see where it goes. Joaquin is a class player and I think he would thrive in this system.

Yes it's a fact that Chelsea have more money. It's not a fact that that money means any player we want and they want, must go Chelsea's way.

Firstly. If Wenger had went for Diarra earlier like he said he would, 2003 if you want to be technical, money or no money, Essien would still be at lyon.

Secondly. If you openly bid 27mil for a player, Chelsea have to match and beat that bid. Once they beat it, you can take it from there.. test the water, test the theory.. if they gonna bid, force them to bid high, force them to burn money. 100mil.. 100mil.. if he has it, let the **** burn it till he summons a demon. you can retract the bid if Chelsea back off, or retire safe in the knowledge that you got your own little mini-victory by making the bastards spend more then they would otherwise.

It's like poker. The person with the most chips doesn't have the automatic advantage, it's only on paper. It's only if every other player in the game fold's their hand, everytime the richest goes all in. Winning by default, because no one else has as much money, all the balls to call a bluff or take a chance.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Kha0z said:
Yes it's a fact that Chelsea have more money. It's not a fact that that money means any player we want and they want, must go Chelsea's way.

Firstly. If Wenger had went for Diarra earlier like he said he would, 2003 if you want to be technical, money or no money, Essien would still be at lyon.

Secondly. If you openly bid 27mil for a player, Chelsea have to match and beat that bid. Once they beat it, you can take it from there.. test the water, test the theory.. if they gonna bid, force them to bid high, force them to burn money. 100mil.. 100mil.. if he has it, let the **** burn it till he summons a demon. you can retract the bid if Chelsea back off, or retire safe in the knowledge that you got your own little mini-victory by making the bastards spend more then they would otherwise.

It's like poker. The person with the most chips doesn't have the automatic advantage, it's only on paper. It's only if every other player in the game fold's their hand, everytime the richest goes all in. Winning by default, because no one else has as much money, all the balls to call a bluff or take a chance.

Biggest load of ****e I've ever read.

A

Anonymous

_scorpion_ said:
Biggest load of s***e I've ever read.

Yeah, you must be right.

I change my mind.

Let's not sign any player whatsoever. Because if we do, Chelsea may outbid us, so let's not even allow that possibility to happen.

And while we turtle in our shell of cowardice and low ambition, let's put Henry in defense, flamini as a center forward.. and dream every night of what if, we took a chance and actually stood firm for a player that we want.., even if we would be as stupid as Scorpion and play Robinho on the right wing..

Sarcasm is rife. My point is made. Scorpion is a ..

Good Night.

sabret00the

Established Member
if we bid £20 million for a player and it's accepted then theirs nothing that says Chelsea can't bid £40 million which is still accepted. theirs no rule that says you have to accept the same money from two clubs.

Top Bottom