• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wrighty or Henry?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 125
  • Views 3,879

Wright or Henry,whos more of a Arsenal Legend?

• Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Whos better ian wright or thierry henry at their peak?..

Imo ian wright is the better goal-scorer.Thus,making him the greatest goal-scorer for Arsenal in their histroy.However, i feel Henry is more of a complete player than Wright,in the sense that he passes, assists others, wheras wright would simply be the man at the end of the passes to score the goals.Ian Wright was born to score goals,wheras Henry wasnt.Henry had to practice becoming a striker.

It is hard to separate them,as to say which one is better.But if one could only choose one of them in the team i think people would choose Henry.was at any point Ian Wright considered world class?

The question is who is more of a arsenal legend ?...I think Wright was more loved by the arsenal fans than henry is now. Maybe because of the nationality,or maybe personality..Wright was like a typical londoner,so arsenal fans could relate to him etc..

anyway,who is more of a arsenal legend, wright or henry?..you decide!

Mark

Established Member
Henry is a much better player, with a lot more to his game than just the goals. Wrighty was more of a character though. Great guy.

A

Anonymous

you should have seen henry when we lost to newcastle at home 3-1 in december 2001,he was not mr cool then..

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
how can you say Wright was a better "goal scorerer" than Henry? he has scored exactly one more goal for Arsenal than Henry did, and Henry will play here for at least 2 more seasons beyond this one... by the time he is finished, he could eclipse his record bo 50 or 60 goals... not to mention all of the goals TH sets up for others... Wright may be a Highbury legend, but TH is already becoming an Arsenal God if he isnt already one... Wright was never considered to be one of the top strikers in the world when he played (to the contrary of many Arsenal fans), but TH without question is...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
VanReyes said:
you should have seen henry when we lost to newcastle at home 3-1 in december 2001,he was not mr cool then..

everyone in the Arsenal shirt has lost their cool one time or another... in general, TH is much more "suave" than Wrighty was....

A

Anonymous

whatever henry has done or will do will never eclipse the fans love for ian wright.Ian wright was one in a million

A

Anonymous

Your american,so you wouldnt undestand the true love local arsenal supporters had for ian wright.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
oh, dont give me that American bullshit.... the minute we win the CL with Henry, everyone will forget all about Wright... it's the way it is... everyone is a legend until the next one comes around... look back at Arsenal in 40 years and see who people are talking about first.. Henry's name will come up every time... he will be the next "standard" for Arsenal strikers to be judged against....

A

Anonymous

USArsenal said:
oh, dont give me that American bullshit.... the minute we win the CL with Henry, everyone will forget all about Wright... it's the way it is... everyone is a legend until the next one comes around... look back at Arsenal in 40 years and see who people are talking about first.. Henry's name will come up every time... he will be the next "standard" for Arsenal strikers to be judged against....

So its 100% henry is going to win us the champions league?

A

Anonymous

what about if Lupoli won us the champions league instead,would everyone forget about herny as well?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
fair enough Baxrus, my hero is Bergkamp... one of my favorite players of all time.. in fact, he is the main reason i started following Arsenal... but it doesnt mean i think he is the best player in the world...

VanReyes is entitled to believe what he believes, you are as well, and so am i... the good thing is, all these players have played and succeeded at Arsenal and made it what it is today, a World Class team...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
VanReyes said:
USArsenal said:

So its 100% henry is going to win us the champions league?

i think you're taking it a tad to literal my friend

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
VanReyes said:
what about if Lupoli won us the champions league instead,would everyone forget about herny as well?

no, but if Lupoli, in 10 years, eclipses what Henry has achieved and helps us win the CL, he WILL be a legend...

it's all a matter of timing.. Wright was a legend for the club when he played, Henry is the legend now... the next outstanding striker who plays for Arsenal will be the legend when HE plays... the further in the future you go, the less people talk about the players from the past... it's just the way it is...

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Players like Seaman and Ian Wright I will never forget whereas Keown, Winterburn and Dixon although they were loyal to us they weren't anything spectacular so it's likely I'll forget them first.
Me being there at Highbury when Wrighty scored his record breaking hat trick probably helps his cause for me but even then he is a unforgettable legend.

MAK

WWW was a great goal scorer and TH a scorer of great goals. Not sure who said it but it rings true. Both are prolific in terms of numbers. Look at how many WWW scored over his whole career. Remember he started his pro career late.

I think we should just be grateful we had them both at their peak (not sure TH has reached his yet!).

Neo

USArsenal, this is one of the reasons I believe that people should look at facts before they speak..

Your view is ignorant, the reason why Henry will eclipse Wrighty's record, is because his played more games then Henry did...simple fact really. Henry started his Arsenal career at a younger age. Wrighty set his record 20-30 games short of what Henry will take to set it, thus making him Arsenal's greatest ever goal scorer.

In my opinion, Henry is the better all round player, his more complete as he sets up goals etc....

Ian Wright is the bigger legend then what Thierry Henry is or ever will be... Reasons being,

Ian Wright is a born Londoner, his crazy antics made Arsenal fans love him, his Arsenal's greatest ever goal scorer (proven by ratio) us London Arsenal fans can relate to him alot, as he is one of us, I dont think people from overseas can really relate to anything to do with a football club in another country.

I was happy to be there when Wrighty broke Cliffe Bastin's record, and I will be there when Henry breaks Wright's. unlike some...

Top Bottom