• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wrighty Podcast

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Here

Some funny stuff here. Amusing insight on Arsène, some pops at Sven (quelle surprise!) thoughts on Arsenal's fans, Theo and Thierry Henry's performance at West Ham- you'll like that bit Yuen.

Also a funny rant regarding traffic wardens.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
He was downright shocking at West Ham! Still, I spose Wright's probably too busy talking about Henry's massive schlong anyway to see it :lol:

IWWW

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Had to switch it off after 3 minutes to calm down when Ian Wright of all people went on one about English talent not breaking through at big clubs.

IF what he supposedly advised his son to do is true then he's another one talking pure ****.

But even if it isn't SWP doesn't appear to have even been pushing for a move away from the Chelsea subs bench ffs!

Now that's off me chest I'll unpause and continue eating my lunch :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
Wrighty telling it like it is about Walcott. He's being honest, i like that.

Good work on highlighting the fact that Bent and Lennon should be first choice for England ;)

:lol: @ the black keggars (keven keegan).

:lol: @ wenger: "never shout at the players" and silence; win, lose or draw and the three minute pep talks.

wrighty's talking up thierry too much. nice save on "if you're tired, tell the manager and don't play; don't come out in the papers and say if wrighty played to the latter stages of the world cup, he'd be tired to".

sabret00the

Established Member
Legend, should've spent more time talking about us though.

The Best Personality to EVER grace this club, total legend, best 'striker' to ever player here too.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Ian Wright Wright Wright!

Ian-Wright-celebrates-scoring-his-100th-goal-for-Arsenal-Credit-Arsenal-Football-Club_97835.jpg

Captain

Established Member
I have no respect left for Ian Wright. good player in his day, but that's long gone.

The guy's just a really bad comedic turn now.

Captain

Established Member
I think that he is very ignorant and the manner in which he panders to the camera and public opinion is akin to a modern day minstrel.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Captain said:
I think that he is very ignorant and the manner in which he panders to the camera and public opinion is akin to a modern day minstrel.

He's always been somewhat of an entertainer in my opinion, wearing his heart on his sleeve. For example, he's a good TV host and i reckon he should get his own talk show. Just out of interest, what would you call a white dude doing the same thing? What do you think of Jonathan Ross?

Captain

Established Member
I don't watch Jonathan Ross, I'll actively change the channel if he is on and the same applies to Ian Wright.

I used to respect him alot as a player, backed him 100%, so I guess to me his 'downturn' is even worse; 'hero to zero' syndrome if you like.

It doesn't matter what a white presenter does on tv, because his actions aren't enforcing negative stereotypes.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Captain said:
It doesn't matter what a white presenter does on tv, because his actions aren't enforcing negative stereotypes.

Well they can enforce negative stereotypes on non-white people, believe me. It's also a bit naive to think that white people or whoever will assume that's how all black people act just by watching Ian Wright. And how is Wrighty being funny, passionate etc negative?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I felt the same way about Wrighty Captain, then I saw him at the Final Salute celebrations, when Mr Arsenal couldn't be "arsed" to turn up and my eyes filled up and he became a hero again to me. Still chats sh't about Shaun though.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I'd lurve to know what happened between the club and TA.

I find it hard to believe that he 'just' wants to distance himself.

Tony Montana said:
Captain said:

Well they can enforce negative stereotypes on non-white people, believe me. It's also a bit naive to think that white people or whoever will assume that's how all black people act just by watching Ian Wright. And how is Wrighty being funny, passionate etc negative?

Conversely it seems now that almost every white presenter on TV simply HAS to be as camp as houses.

sabret00the

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
I felt the same way about Wrighty Captain, then I saw him at the Final Salute celebrations, when Mr Arsenal couldn't be "arsed" to turn up and my eyes filled up and he became a hero again to me. Still chats sh't about Shaun though.
he loves his son way too much but he is a legend. a real one. sometimes he talks **** and angers me, but he's an ex footballer...no he's a human now, he's a fan, he's a legend.

Tony Montana

Established Member
sabret00the said:
RocktheCasbah said:
he loves his son way too much but he is a legend. a real one. sometimes he talks s**t and angers me, but he's an ex footballer...no he's a human now, he's a fan, he's a legend.

How can you love your son too much? Maybe he's showing his love in the wrong way.

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
I don't watch Jonathan Ross, I'll actively change the channel if he is on and the same applies to Ian Wright.

I used to respect him alot as a player, backed him 100%, so I guess to me his 'downturn' is even worse; 'hero to zero' syndrome if you like.

what stereo types? there's nothing about ian wright in any role that typifies black people.

do you have shoulder pads on your jacketsto cover up the chip you have on each shoulder in regards to this guy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom