• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wrighty Podcast

14teranga

I think Ian Wright and most of englanders are making too much of a big deal for young players and future team. Football is a sport where people excelled at different ages and different levels. Right now England has a good bunch of individualities that should make a great team. In 5years they will still a strong 11 + players. When you look at the young players you won't find many super players that have the abilities to play at the highest level yet. You have players like Rooney, CRonaldo, Carrick, Fabregas... who can reach their highest level very fast and others who will be there at their later ages. It is just like that.
At 17 Kluivert was good enough for any side at 25 he was an average player where at 17 noone heared of TH or Van Nistelrooy and at 25 they were good enough to lead any team. A national side is about 11 + players and you can have that quite easily in a footballing nation. I just don't get what all this is about. Today Cesc is making it where Sidwell failed but in a couple of years time all this could change. Few players have been at the top of the world football from 16~17 to 34~35. Get over these crazy ideas about foreigners destroying your national side and concentrate on to making it better and finding a good tactician.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Wenger told (Adams i think) never to shout at the players when one of them was shouting. He sits there for 10 minutes not saying anything. 2-3 minutes before they went out, he starts talking. :roll: In my opinion I don't think that' the best thing to do all the time.

Actually I think Wenger has the right attitude.
I don't know if you've ever played football but there's nothing more annoying than a manager who as soon as you get in the dressing room starts yelling and shouting. When that happens you only want to take your shoes off so you have something to throw at him.
You're still in the game at that moment and you need time to completetly relax. If you don't have this moment of calm then you can't listen to what the manager's saying. You just aren't receptive. And it only drives you mad.
The last minutes are the best moment to start talking though- it's at that precise moment that the manager is supposed to motivate you. It's right before you start playing again and everything he says will still be remembered on the pitch.

sabret00the

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Wenger told (Adams i think) never to shout at the players when one of them was shouting. He sits there for 10 minutes not saying anything. 2-3 minutes before they went out, he starts talking. :roll: In my opinion I don't think that' the best thing to do all the time.
He told Ricey (Pat Rice).

Gurgen

Established Member
Traffic wardens bit was the funniest.

He talks a lot of **** as usual but that's Wrighty. I don't think his 'loudness' is an act, he's simply a passionate guy who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Still a legend.

Alfonso

Established Member
Question to the forum, is Ian Wright's legacy at Arsenal being ruined by what he has been saying in the press for the last two years, including his recent David Dein comments?

The_byrne

ian wright is just a cretin who appeals to the lowest common denominator, e.g people who read the sun, and listen to talk sport.

He runs his mouth about stuff he has no idea or insight into, yet he says it with such contfidence that people think he is in the know.

i'll just stick to the arsecast

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Question to the forum, is Ian Wright's legacy at Arsenal being ruined by what he has been saying in the press for the last two years, including his recent David Dein comments?
Nope. He's entitled to his opinion whatever that may be. Doesn't change my memories of him.

lagos

Established Member
Alfonso said:

Unfortunately yes. Quite honestly I see him now as a bofoon. Strong I know but that's my view of him now

Viper

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MMSxjESTBHM
Nuff said
Wright.. what a legend. Shame I was too young to fully appreciate the player he was.

It's a shame he says some stupid stuff to the press though, and it's a shame he sent his son to Chavski instead of us where he may have been first choice, both for club and country.

Top Bottom