• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

wrong player signed from Seville

mooney

They shoould have got Baptista last season instead of Reyes he would have cost 10 million and given us option B i/e big ugly forward to put pressue on european defenders, remember B Munich and how that Lucio and kovac dominated Henry? What is the diff between Ljunberg,Reyes,Pires,Helb,Clichy,Pennant and Bentley? they give us exactly the same thing!! nippy wing play.

Pires in central midfield?! the sight of him jumpng out of tackles versus Ajax was worrying..

wer

mooney said:
Pires in central midfield?! the sight of him jumpng out of tackles versus Ajax was worrying..

its always like that the first time :lol: :lol:

Seriously we need another player :roll:

Its down to Cesc and Bert to win the ball i still dont thnk Reyes is the player we hoped he would be i am not convinced by him :(

ccc

I still though reyes was just a rush replacement of rvp. There wouldn't be reyes deal if feynoord didn't turn down rvp deal at last moment

baccy_man

Established Member
i was under the impression that we pulled out of the rvp deal because feyenoord started telling the world and his wife that we were after rvp.

n_henry

ccc said:
I still though reyes was just a rush replacement of rvp. There wouldn't be reyes deal if feynoord didn't turn down rvp deal at last moment

I don't think so...Wenger's been watching Reyes for the last couple of years..didn't we bid for him a couple of seasons ago and Sevilla's president said that our offer wasn't "enough to tie Reyes's shoelaces" with? Wenger's spoken many times before of his admiration for Jose (before we got him), and it is very unlike us to buy players hastily without watching them over a period of time.

kanooo

ccc said:

?

17 million replacement for a 3 million player?

GlasgowGooner

To be honest their would have been an outrage if we had turned down the opportunity to sign Reyes, everyone was in love with him back then

ccc

sirune_107 said:
i especially didn't like the way baptista handled the situation with our interest. to me it is despicable and now i am delighted that he is NOT joining us.

can't agree any more. i felt delight when baptista finally went RM

Henry's Girl

We all know wenger to be an economic business man in the transfer market and suggesting that he bought a 16mil player just cos he cldnt get a 3mil one is stupid.

You people need to have faith in Reyes, with all the home sick sage behind him, a contract extension showing his desire to stay to in England, he's finally settled and can concentrate on his game.

AxlGunners

People are to quick to jump on Reyes back. He's still young, and will learn when to do his tricks and when to pass etc. If we didnt have Reyes we would be short of a left sided midfielder and a striker. He gives us options no one else in the squad does. Ljungberg, Pires and Bentley are not wingers, they don't have the pace of Reyes, and im sure he come good soon.

Baptista would have been a good signing in my opinion because ive thought for a while a threat in the air would improve us, and give us that plan B we seem to lack when our slick total football isnt quite working. BUT Reyes is quality, and if Wenger has faith so should we all.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I really doubt after whatching him over 50 times Wenger then got the wrong bloke!? Obviously he sees something very special in Reyes as do a number of fans.

Muppy

At first i thought Reyes was a striker but recently he seems more like a winger. Do you guys think he is going to be a 20 goal a season striker in the near future or will a converted winger from a striker?

Chicago

AxlGunners said:
People are to quick to jump on Reyes back. He's still young, and will learn when to do his tricks and when to pass etc. If we didnt have Reyes we would be short of a left sided midfielder and a striker. He gives us options no one else in the squad does. Ljungberg, Pires and Bentley are not wingers, they don't have the pace of Reyes, and im sure he come good soon.

Baptista would have been a good signing in my opinion because ive thought for a while a threat in the air would improve us, and give us that plan B we seem to lack when our slick total football isnt quite working. BUT Reyes is quality, and if Wenger has faith so should we all.

the problem is he's taking so long to adapt while others have adapted more quickly.... he might get there, but is it worth it wasting the time giving him starting roles?

A

Anonymous

sirune_107 said:
we DID buy the right player from sevilla.. i have faith in the boy.
if we had bought baptista, then we would have bought the WRONG player.
i especially didn't like the way baptista handled the situation with our interest. to me it is despicable and now i am delighted that he is NOT joining us.

i would rather have baptista instead of the proxy greasie haired reyes

crap player

joe3428

Chicago said:
AxlGunners said:

the problem is he's taking so long to adapt while others have adapted more quickly.... he might get there, but is it worth it wasting the time giving him starting roles?

yes you're absolutely correct... not only adapting to the country and its ppl, but also to his team mates... I heard he can't even speak english...

invisibleman18

Established Member
ccc said:
sirune_107 said:

can't agree any more. i felt delight when baptista finally went RM

must say i agree with that. he didnt want to be here so im glad he didnt come. when my brother (manc) told me the news with a big smile on his face i simply said "Good, its finally over."

Latest posts+

Top Bottom