• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WTF - Arsenal star on drink driving charge

informed1

http://212.2.162.45/news/story.asp?j=13 ... =131354884
Arsenal star on drink driving charge
23/01/2005 - 23:39:55

Arsenal midfielder Jermaine Pennant was arrested for drink driving today after driving a Mercedes Benz into a lamp post, police said.

The 22-year-old former England under 21 player crashed in the centre of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, at 6.20am.

After failing a breath test at the scene he was taken to the town’s police station and charged.

Pennant, from Barnet, north London, was then freed on bail to attend Aylesbury Magistrates’ Court on February 1, a spokesman for Thames Valley Police said.

It is likely that he will also be charged with driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance.

This is because Nottingham-born Pennant is still serving a 16-month ban imposed last February after police saw him make an illegal U-turn in Paddington, West London. He was also fined £1,200 for that offence.

A possible insurance-related matter may arise too, as it is understood the Mercedes Pennant was driving belongs to his Arsenal team mate Ashley Cole.

On November 30, 1999, Pennant made his Arsenal debut against Middlesbrough in a Worthington Cup tie, making him Arsenal’s youngest ever first team player at 16 years and 319 days.

Pennant you ASShole thats all I have to say to that one.....what is wrong with this idiot...thats it for him I think

this link thing is getting on my nerves

Mark

Established Member
Not like he had a future here anyway. That all but seals it for him now.

One thing I will say though is I hope we bloody sell him now rather than lose another player for free!

awooga83

Established Member
Well this is probably the final nail in the coffin he talks a lot about his future with us but doesn't help himself and now has surely confirmed to wenger he doesn't fit in with the club.

Chicago

Mark said:
Not like he had a future here anyway. That all but seals it for him now.

One thing I will say though is I hope we bloody sell him now rather than lose another player for free!

truth

I don't understand why people buy players who don't even have their **** together off the field

informed1

JazzG said:
Wait a min, wasn't he banned a while back for some driving offense?

damn right he was for 19 months (last part of the article)

he shouldn't be driving and the car belongs to ashley cole so he may not be on the insurance, what the hell was he doing out drinking when we are playing the next day?.....is he injured?

Now we know why Wenger is reluctant to play him, I thought his attitude had improved....I just cant believe he has been so stupid, he could have killed himself or someone else....idiot

n_henry

Well, I was never really convinced he'd make it here. Now that there's more confirmation of his stupidity... :rolleyes:

Oh well. We'll get SWP in the next coupld of years. ;)

Chicago

anyone find another source for this story? I find it odd that there's only one site with the news and it's Ireland on-line

Canuck

Established Member
Good on ya for looking into it Chicago.
If it's true, which I figure it probably is from the tone of the article...not good for JP
Why would he do something so stupid?
Probably won't be staying with us much longer. Didn't do his England aspirations any good either.

Though I have no doubt that another Premship team will snap him up when he becomes available.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
He had no chance.. so far this season he's only played and come on as sub in 12 games out of 30+... what I still hope for the future is that we have a mixture of english and foreign players after Sol leaves whenever that is what have we got left apart from Ash?
Sadly we don't have any "next" Tony Adam's, Paul Mersons etc but I wouldn't mind most of our defence consisting of English defenders like old times :p I still think even though we went 49 games unbeaten if we had something like this we would be rock solid:

Seaman
Lauren Sol Adams Ash

Not that Toure is crap but Adams marshalls the defence with ease and a Seaman in his lower 30's would be much better compared to what we have nowadays.. although Almunia could prove me wrong.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom