• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WUD U BOO PAT?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 2,644
A

Anonymous

Wud u boo Pat if Real came to Highbury and he was playing for them?

I would feel uneasy! I think he can be selfish at times, and he should not be our Captin if this is the way he wants to treat our club! No one should stay, no matter who they are, if they do not want to play here!

A

Anonymous

yeh you may feel hes been selfish but you cant boo him for 8 great years, i'd feel very upset if he went but it happens in football we just gotta get over it :( id wish him all the best

Sigun

its the way the saga has continued which has annoyed us gooners, if he came out and said he wanted to move on straight away or gave some kind of statment it would be different...

but keeping silence for soo long, then suddently go....would be taking the piss.

though he aint gone yet...so nothin saying.

calvinngai88

cannon fodder, are you a new Arsenal fan? I suppose if you had seen the 8 years of loyal service to the club he has given, no doubt everyone would still hail him as a great player. When he retires, many will take his Arsenal's years as comparison instead of that in Madrid. Why? Because he made his name at Arsenal. He grew up in Arsenal. He learned at Arsenal. He's forever an Arsenal player in every fans' hearts, maybe not yours cannon. Just because he leaves for Madrid doesn't mean he's a traitor, a c*nt or whatever. And had he really wanted to leave, he could have left on bosman and not signing a new contract last year. Am I right? If he does really turn his back on Arsenal and Wenger, he could have just packed his bag and left. Why would he still give hopes to others? Because he loves Arsenal, he loves playing football with each and every Arsenal player. Moreover, he's also the captain, the leading model role of every youngster in the club. Everyone may be sad IF he does leave. But that's football. There are so many similar cases in every season. Just like Campbell moving across London to Arsenal from Sp**s, whom he has played and supported since his schooldays. What would the Sp**s fans think at that point of time? They definitely feel angry, but they still respect him for his services. In fact, Vieira's services to Arsenal are much more greater and more well-known than Campbell's to Sp**s. Thus, why the f*ck would you condemn him? I suppose you don't know how to appreciate football after all.

dee

I was wondering if Arsène and Pat were using this whole saga to be a motivator for the players by creating a siege mentality.U remember last season summer we were supposed to be going down the drain like leeds we were bankrupt , players were not paid for a period of time,Pat and Pires were living for other clubs,chelsea were the best London club , manu were going to win evrything so were chelsea. Arsène and the players took that and shoved it down were it came from by winning the title.Titi said that when the season started people said we were finished becoz of 2002/2003 season so that motivated everyone to do better.Pat might announce he's staying anytime and wat would the media say then ?This could be a way of letting the media create all this doom and gloom abt Arsenal therefore taking off the pressure on players for the coming season as the media would not expect us to do anything without Pat .ONLY A THOUGHT but wat do u guys think??

A

Anonymous

calvinngai88 said:
cannon fodder, are you a new Arsenal fan? I suppose if you had seen the 8 years of loyal service to the club he has given, no doubt everyone would still hail him as a great player. When he retires, many will take his Arsenal's years as comparison instead of that in Madrid. Why? Because he made his name at Arsenal. He grew up in Arsenal. He learned at Arsenal. He's forever an Arsenal player in every fans' hearts, maybe not yours cannon. Just because he leaves for Madrid doesn't mean he's a traitor, a c*nt or whatever. And had he really wanted to leave, he could have left on bosman and not signing a new contract last year. Am I right? If he does really turn his back on Arsenal and Wenger, he could have just packed his bag and left. Why would he still give hopes to others? Because he loves Arsenal, he loves playing football with each and every Arsenal player. Moreover, he's also the captain, the leading model role of every youngster in the club. Everyone may be sad IF he does leave. But that's football. There are so many similar cases in every season. Just like Campbell moving across London to Arsenal from Sp**s, whom he has played and supported since his schooldays. What would the Sp**s fans think at that point of time? They definitely feel angry, but they still respect him for his services. In fact, Vieira's services to Arsenal are much more greater and more well-known than Campbell's to Sp**s. Thus, why the f*ck would you condemn him? I suppose you don't know how to appreciate football after all.

nearly brought a tear to my eye :D great post and so true

AlexH

Course I wouldn't boo Paddy!

Might be tempted to boo the Spanish **** shirt though... :wink: :mrgreen:

Arnie

a great player at our club. course i wouldn't boo him.

However i would laugh at him cos if we did play Real at Highbury we would stuff em

Sol man

I would never boo Paddy. His silence has been annoying but he does not deserve this.
calvinngai88 do you honestly feel that Patricks silent behaviour is good for young players to see?

Sigun

ask urself this....

did u boo Overmars/petit??

will u boo Parlour??

u cant say theres no comparison cause if Vieira is a much better player he should be more appreicated.

And not cause his the captain...i mean just cause u captain dont mean u have to stay at the club for life.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
No, why boo someone who's been instrumental in Arsenal's rise to the top of the english game. If he feels he's better off at Madrid, that's his problem.

calvinngai88 said:

Could not be said better. Totally agree on that. I believe every Arsenal fan would always look back with a smile on his 8 years at Highbury.

asajoseph

Established Member
The only problem I can have with Pat is his unwillingness to let us, or the club, know what is going on. Other than that, he's been one of the instrumental players in our rise to a consistent Premiership contender under Wenger. He'll command a healthy transfer fee too, which shouldn't be forgotten. I'll cheer him, whilst he remains respectful to what he's done for Arsenal, and what Arsenal have done for him.

Sol man

AlexH said:
One thought though...would people boo him if he returned in a ManUre shirt?
Definately :lol: . The only reason I am angry at Patrick is the fact he has been silent about it. I personally would not hate him plus its Pat's life and he is entitled to do as he wishes. I am just not fund of the silent treatment.

JazzG

Established Member
No I wouldn't boo him, however I would run onto the pitch, throw an arsenal flag at him and then dive into the goal net ;)

hehe but seriously would be hard booing him, unless he says something bad about us then I would.

AlexH

JazzG said:
hehe but seriously would be hard booing him, unless he says something bad about us then I would.

What could he say thats worse than leaving? Actions speak louder than words, and leaving us at this point in our history is giving a pretty damning verdict on Le Boss's and his team mates capabilities.

JazzG

Established Member
He is leaving because he wants to win the CL. In our 7 or 8 years in the CL we have never looked like winning it but in that period R.Madrid have won it 3 times IIRC. Thats the only medal he needs to complete his collection as he has won most other titles. He might not feel we are good enough to win it, or he might just want a change. 8 years at one club is a long time for a foreign player.

thegreatbriton

He wouldn't be booed, but he wouldn't get the sort of reception that Merson and Seaman got when they returned.
(and i expect parlour will get a hell of a reception)

A

Anonymous

What I am saying is that he should show his loyality and see his contract through! I do not like people who like to run away from this club and go elsewhere because they think they can win things with other clubs. Anelka/Overmars/Petit...they left to go onto bigger and better things..but their careers have gone down hill! Neither has won anything!

If you want to win things with this club you show it.

calvinngai88 I have supported Arsenal for 22 years, and I have their name on my arm! Just a small fan!

Sorry if I offend anyone.. jus I get really annoyed with players not showing their love for this club. For the last 4-5 seasons I have been hearing the same thing from some players and it is getting annoying!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom