• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WUD U BOO PAT?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 71
  • Views 2,652

asajoseph

Established Member
To be honest, if Pat wants to play for another club at some point in his career, I'd rather get some cash for him, than watch him walk away on a free. He's worked hard for us, and won things here. If he wants the chance to play and live in Madrid, good for him. Remember, he didn't have to sign another contract last summer, and just walked out on us this summer for free!

calvinngai88

Sol man said:
I would never boo Paddy. His silence has been annoying but he does not deserve this.
calvinngai88 do you honestly feel that Patricks silent behaviour is good for young players to see?

The silence behaviour may not be good for the youngsters in the club. It indeed shows a great doubt in his mind. But no one knows what Vieira's actually thinking. No other comments on that. But you guys keep thinking of the disadvantages Arsenal will have and also other club players, but why not try thinking on the good side? He will still be respected, a good leader in every player's eyes. I assume he does teach the youngsters many things and talk to them about his experiences and how Wenger helped him through to make him such a great worldclass player he is now as of today. This does boost the morale and confidence in everyone but I can't confirm if he had did that. Just an assumption, hopefully yes. :)

cannon fodder, sorry for the cast of doubt in your supporting loyalty to Arsenal. But it did fumes me when I see you criticising Vieira in that way. Well, let's not quarrel over it. But did you think about the loyal services Vieira gave just like your support as a fan to the club? Maybe you just looked at a fixed angle at this incident, thinking that he's making a serious cloud over his future in Arsenal, and might well affect others in the club. That's what you think. What's happening internally in Arsenal and what the players feel about these rumours, no one has a definite answer. Only opinions. It really does get annoying and irritating hearing all these rumours linked to mostly Arsenal's first team and performed well players. But you have to accept the fact that without all these speculations, the football world will not be as colourful. It will be so dull that everyone can predict what's going to happen next. Just like the Reyes transfer. Some didn't expect Wenger to splash out such a big sum of $$ after the club's total investment in the new stadium. It's indeed surprising and exciting to see this transfer go through though. That's football. Everyday, there's sad news, and then good news, excitements, dreams, all these stuff. Let's look forward and put all the unpleasant things back in our minds.

A

Anonymous

calvinngai88.. I think i jumped the gun a bit here! But I just feel annoyed at him for his silence! :wink:

n_henry

I can't boo him. I'd just scowl at him.

But I'll probably never see Arsenal play anyway. But that's another story. ;)

thegame24

Established Member
No I wouldn't boo him, however I would run onto the pitch, throw an arsenal flag at him and then dive into the goal net

LOL not before i get there first :shock:

A

Anonymous

If he ends all this speculation and trouble with him ****ing off and deserting us, then yes i would boo the **** next time we played him.

NOONE screws AFC

calvinngai88

Vieira's not Anelka. He has given everything. He committed himself throughout every game in these 8 years he spent with Arsenal. His relationship with Wenger is like son-father. Wenger will also not blame Vieira if he does leave. So why shall we, as fans of the club, to do the opposite and blame, boo, curse Vieira?

Take it like this. Had Vieira left for Madrid once the speculations started, that meant he's not loyal to Arsenal. I would boo him for that. But now, he's just keeping silent, not even giving any comment. That doesn't mean he's leaving or whatsoever. But at least MAYBE he knows he loves Arsenal, and it's a big decision to make.

True enough, if you are a footballer, NOT supporting any club, and your idol is playing in Madrid, and Madrid's now going after you. I'm sure you do consider playing alongside with your idol right? Now, just because we all support Arsenal, we hate Madrid, doesn't mean that we are going to hate everyone who's leaving Arsenal. Speaking from deep in everyone's hearts, who doesn't like playing alongside your idol in a game that everyone watches in the world.

For Vieira's case, his idol to play alongside with is Zidane. You can't blame him for not making a quick decision and gave up the chance of playing with Zidane. It's really THAT BIG and it's stressful. You guys out there just don't look at Vieira's point of view. All you guys think is that, " Oh, Vieira leaves, we shall HATE him for betraying the club and Wenger." It isn't going to be that case.

Take Vieira's case this way. You don't leave your parents at all. Don't get married! Because you are turning your backs on them what! They've brought you up for almost their entire lives and now you are "leaving" your parents to have another kind of life!~ Get what I mean? It's just a major decision for Vieira.

A

Anonymous

thegreatbriton said:
He wouldn't be booed, but he wouldn't get the sort of reception that Merson and Seaman got when they returned.
(and i expect parlour will get a hell of a reception)

Very true.

Im not sure if I would boo him, developments in the next few days will decide that.

But one thing is for sure - I wont clap or cheer him, as I did Seaman, Merson, Bould, winterburn and will do Parlour and Keown if we play Leicester.

True, 100% gooners.

beanz

theguvnor said:
If he ends all this speculation and trouble with him f****g off and deserting us, then yes i would boo the c**t next time we played him.

NOONE screws AFC
Christ, I'd hate to see how you treat someone who had REALLY screwed AFC.
8 of the best years of a guys playing career is'nt my idea of screwing a club, no-one knows what paddy is thinking, It has been said before, but maybe the reason he has'nt said anything recently, is because he genuinely has'nt made up his mind what to do.
Only the best players have that driving ambition, which pushes them beyond the norm, maybe It's that ambiyion to achieve more, which is causing Paddy to think about where his career is going, who know's? only the great man himself can answer that one.

A.Hussain

u cant boo paddy for all what he has given us. sure there is a lack of loyalty, but if he wants to leave for bigger and supposedly greener pastures, who are we to stop him. im sure wenger will be able to get a good replacement for him IF IF IF he leaves

sebasvard

No way would I boo Paddy. How could you? You don't have to think hard to come up with so many instances over the years where he has bled for the club, founght back almost single-handedly to get us back into matches, scored vital goals. IF he goes, then the current silence is a reflection of how hard a decision it will have been for him. To say he is just going to buzz off and sh*t all over us is just ridiculous - it would be one of those major career decisions that come up only a few times in life.

Having said that - I really don't think he's going now, having read Wenger's comments and Madrids.

Andrew

He doesn't deserved to be booed, but I wouldn't expect a rousing reception either if he did leave on these sort of terms.

A.M.A.G.

No I wouldn't boo him if he came playing for Madrid... just smile as he was matched by whomever Wenger had replaced him with... :mrgreen:

as for showing up in a Man. Utd. or Chelsea top... lets hope they catch me at the gate w/ the rifle and scope... :evil:

if it were any other Prem. team... i'd have a laugh... then worry a little as I wondered if Paddy could put whatever useless team it was... on his back... and carry them to victory all by his lonesome... :|

zerofeel

8 long years is a longgg time to be at one club in this modern era and Pat has given all he's got,and has grown in stature after taking over the captaincy from Adams but there come a time when players will feel disillusioned and unsettled if they bear so much ambition for themselves and the club so Pat has every right to want to have a move to Madrid if he thinks that Madrid may bring him more fame and glory than Arsenal but the media likes to fan the flames alot especially when it comes to stories about Arsenal although Pat has been keepin a worrying silence,nothing is confirmed yet so i think ill respect Pat and respect whatever decision he wants to make if it makes him happy...we will lose a great servant in Viera but life has to go on.... :(

Top Bottom