• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

WYCOMBE match report (for those that give a toss)

beaney

Hello!

Firstly let me appologise for the delay in posting, my t'internet has been down all day!
Oh, and also for not knowing the names of virtually all the players.
(i left my match programme at home when i came in today!, DOH!)

Well what can i say, poor old Wycombe! Poor old Beaneys bum!

Im sure you all know the result but for those of you that dont:
Wycombe 1-2 Brentford.

Last minute of injury time too! gutted!

The match itself started quite brightly, Wycombe looked lively and had already strung together a few chances in the first ten minutes.

then it all went bad.

long, hopefull balls over the top to nobody in particular, shoddy defending and no creativity in midfield.
then i had to stop and say to myself " hold on si, this is Wycombe, not Arsenal, should i really be so harsh on them?"

well, yeah. they had no control in midfield whatsoever, and although it may be a pipe dream, gilles would do them 'wonders' there! They could certainly do with a holding midfielder, someone to spread the play about on the floor from the centre, and they desperately need some cover for the back four!

Brentfords first goal was, if anything, a little controversial.
I have to admit from where i was sitting it didnt look like a goal, but with no jumbotron video screens for instant replays i couldnt be sure.

The ball was saved brilliantly only to rebound to one of the brentford players. With a bit of a farce the ball, imo, was cleared off the line by a man on the post.
It was not to be. 1 nil Brentford.

Not much else to report for the first half, Wycombe were outplayed and its hardly surprising that theyve let in more goals than anyone else!
Something which im sure TA wanst to put right straight away!
Although i have to say thier number 2 looked lively. Always wanting to attact and go past players, he was their best player in the first half. Other than him, the defense was pretty poor.

And onto the second. This was much better! Wycombe played to the feet much more and a switch at half time saw a player the crowd affectionately called "brownie" come into action.

He looked good. he certainly changed things for them. They were all over Brentford for most of the second half and certainly deserved to draw level with a cracking finish from McSporran from just inside the area.
"Brownie" picked the ball up just after the half way line and threaded a lovely through ball straight thru the middle of the Brentford defence into McSporrans path!

LOVELY! one all, come on Wycombe!!! now i was really getting into it!
The Wycome equivillant of the North Bank Faithful were out in force, on the terraces behind the goal! ( YES, terraces)

It was all go! We all thought they were going to win it!

But no, sadly with only their second attack on goal in the second half, Brentford pulled it out the bag! With half the Brentford fans already on their way to the exit a low cross swung in and there was a red and white to nod the ball home!!!

ARRGGHHH! GUTTED! the last minute of injury time, how sick would you be??? I was gutted for them, i truly was!

Speaking to a couple of the 'old timers' who'd obviously been going there for many a year, this was a regular occurance. They were all fed up to the back teeth, how sad.

Thats when i realised its lucky im an Arsenal fan.

We really dont loose that often, and i could imagine how heartbreaking it would be to see your team battle so hard every week only to go down like that.
regularly.

And then theres the traffic! my god!

Before the game, id had some advice.

"whatever you do, dont drive or if you do park a long way away!
GOOD ADVICE. let me tell you.

We got the supporters coach from the cinema complex, and we were still sitting outside the gates at nearly 6 o'clock.
Its enough to make you not want to come back.

Shame really, they could do with all the support they can get.
It's quite a difference from Highbury, as you would expect.

But its shocking how, within an hour of final whistle, Avnell Road and Gillespie are virtually empty with 40,000 having made thier way home. Yet at Wycomeb, with, i would guess, less than 10,000 fans i hadnt even got to the end of the road by 6pm!!!

A good day out spoilt a little by the frustrating wait at the end of the match.
How did all those Wycomeb fans feel having seen their team go down to an injury time header, after having virtually all the attacking play in the second half, only to have to sit, wait and contemplate another week at the bottom of the second....................

Adam

Established Member
Beaney - this can go in the match report section on the site. Let everyone enjoy it. :wink:

beaney

Adam,
Hi Adam, has this report actually been moved or do i need to request it to one of the moderators??

ive had a look and i cant seem to see it anywhere else, although i didnt sleep much last night so my eyes arent wroking properly.

can you let me know please...

cheers!

Adam

Established Member
beaney said:
Adam,
Hi Adam, has this report actually been moved or do i need to request it to one of the moderators??

ive had a look and i cant seem to see it anywhere else, although i didnt sleep much last night so my eyes arent wroking properly.

can you let me know please...

cheers!

Beaney - it's moved. You'll also see the link in "Random Chatting" explaining as much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom