• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso: Cesc's new perfect mid partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goonercannons

In my opinion Xabi has it all and would be great midfield partner but i have one doubt about his style of play with what our team needs in terms of a destroyer who has high work rate and aggression. As theese qualities are't part of his play is he what we need for our efforts for silverware? and also it would take alot of cash to prize him away from liverpool.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Transfer Talk Forum maybe? For the record, I've started a more general thread there about who could partner Cesc.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38685" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38685</a>

graham_ka

Established Member
I've always thought Alonso wouldn't work here because he has Mascherano chasing lost causes behind him. I've never seen him play in a two center midfield partnership so him with Cesc is still iffy in my opinion.

alonso14

Established Member
What can you say
He came to us from Spain and..
Boy can he play-ay
and now he's found some space he's
Running just as fast as he can (c-an c-an)
He get's the ball of Didi Hamann (Hamann Hamann)
He tries to get the ball to the right
then he gives to Garcia and he tumbles over and we start to sing

XABI ALONSO
His passing seems to be the best ar-rou-ound
Xabi ALONSO
He plays alot like Molby but not fat and rou-ound

Don Pacifico

Established Member
goonercannons said:
Not really transfer talk more my opinion. since i don't have a source...

It's more general speculation really based on the fact we have yet to find a partner for Cesc from our own crop.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Don Pacifico said:
goonercannons said:

It's more general speculation really based on the fact our forum fans refuse to accept or acknowledge Denilson.

Snore.

There's a thread for this debate and I have contributed to it. But to summarise, Denilson is not the answer. Yawn.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Don Pacifico said:
goonercannons said:

It's more general speculation really based on the fact we have yet to find a partner for Cesc from our own crop.
Yeah, just say you heard it being talked about on the radio! :wink:

lagos

Established Member
or a voice spoke to you from above and said "Xabi is the one in whom I am well pleased" you can get away with it, it's international week, our standards for rumour sources are lower....much lower! we'll take anything!

goonercannons

lagos said:
or a voice spoke to you from above and said "Xabi is the one in whom I am well pleased" you can get away with it, it's international week, our standards for rumour sources are lower....much lower! we'll take anything!

I just thought he was a good player not saying we are linked with him at all. point taken thins goes in the transfer talk section.

I don't think denilson will work as a midfield partner for cesc but more as an understudy and back up when cesc is not playing.

Feet

Cesc's perfect partner is Xabi Alonso?!?!

OMG! Why are all the good men taken? Or gay? or both?

Oh who am I kidding, I love a happy ending!

Best wishes to the happy couple.

Feet

No offence to the thread starter but if we're going to start creating even more "Who should partner Cesc?" threads, can we atleast keep it to those that are already in the Arsenal squad.

Otherwise I'll go and make a "Michael Essien: Cesc's new perfecr mid partner?" and a "Lionel Messi: Eduardo's perfect new strike partner?" thread and it'll all go down hill from there.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Feet said:
Otherwise I'll go and make a "Michael Essien: Cesc's new perfecr mid partner?" and a "Lionel Messi: Eduardo's perfect new strike partner?" thread and it'll all go down hill from there.

You forgot to mention that Dani Alves would make an ideal partner to our own RW legend.

Eboue.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom