• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
christ, now that we potentially have a hole to fill, it looks like we will get linked to just about every available midfielder on the planet.

lewdikris

Established Member
He's the logical number one choice once you discount Ballack and Gerrard as unavailable.

Young (22), brilliant (unquestionably), powerful (although a bit of a midget), a bit different to anything we've got, and enforcing the new latin connection at the club.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lewdikris said:
He's the logical number one choice once you discount Ballack and Gerrard as unavailable.

Young (22), brilliant (unquestionably), powerful (although a bit of a midget), a bit different to anything we've got, and enforcing the new latin connection at the club.

i like xabi; he's tough, skilled and has a fierce long shot. but i'd also like to see rosicky in arsenal; he's huge talant.

imagine; xabi, rosicky, edu, gilberto, van persie, pires, flamini, pennant and ljungberg, all playing for arsenal....

as homer simpson would say; aaaaaaaaaah, many options.(while drooling)....

lewdikris

Established Member
Much as I like Maniche, I don't quite see him in an Arsenal shirt. Xabi I can see.

What do I know though?

esjvpc

Yeah, i rate him over Maniche, he is my second choice after Ballack.

I hope this is true, and the mentioned price tag (12 mil euros) is very reasonable.

Clarkey

What is the availability of Rosicky anyone? Cash qouldn't be an obstacle depending how much we get upfront for Vieira.

Mark

Established Member
I definetly rate Xabi higher than Maniche. He would easily be my first choice. Before Gerrard if I'm going to be honest.

lewdikris

Established Member
What he means is that Xabi scores goals, and Paddy barely does.

Alonso was so nailed on to go to the Bernebau this summer - it's been on the cards forever.

If he happened to end up with us, i'd be pretty happy.

dsurg

would be delighted to have Xabi, believe me we will be better off without PV4 we can start playing in a different way from the center....and maybe thats what we are missing in the elusive CL

KingReyes

Established Member
I can see our midfield in a few years time now..

Reyes Cesc Xabi Joaquin? :) .

Then spain might actually win a major tournament thanks to us. Wishful thinking. But two out of those four ain't bad. :wink:

Denish

You think Reyes is gonna play on the left?

Tbh i'd like to see him play there rather than upfront. He's too lightweight to tussle with the defenders in the EPL and his skill and pace could be well used on the wing. A worthy replacement for Pires. Plus van Persie would do better taking over the Bergkamp role than playing on the left hand side. He doesn't have enough pace for the wing.

calvinngai88

Denish said:

Tbh i'd like to see him play there rather than upfront. He's too lightweight to tussle with the defenders in the EPL and his skill and pace could be well used on the wing. A worthy replacement for Pires. Plus van Persie would do better taking over the Bergkamp role than playing on the left hand side. He doesn't have enough pace for the wing.

Totally agree but I won't be surprised if both Reyes and RVP switch their roles during the game. And also, I would prefer Xabi to Maniche. Purely, he's younger and better as a holding midfielder than Maniche.

Denish

I really really hope we dont get Maniche - total waste of money with all the other talent out there, who are younger too. Stephan Appiah or Xabi Alonso for me.

arsenal4life

calvinngai88 said:
Denish said:

Totally agree but I won't be surprised if both Reyes and RVP switch their roles during the game. And also, I would prefer Xabi to Maniche. Purely, he's younger and better as a holding midfielder than Maniche.

Perfect idea

changing the role during the game will destroy any defnse really

TRUE GUNNER

i would be much happier to see xavi come rather than maniche, just saying his name sounds better :).

I think if paddy leaves i think it could be quite exciting to see what happens because we will have money in the bank to spend for a change, and it will be good to see how we will cope without vieira as most people are righting us of already saying without vieira there is no arsenal. we will show those muppets again that arsenal are never to be written off.

bye bye vieira, hello xavi :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom