• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't complain about Xavi, but what about Michael Carrick? Whilst he is not in Vieira's league right now, (But then again what player is right now) I think he possesses many qualities I think Wenger would like. He's young (Only 23 I think?) and is far from the finished article, has potential and I think Wenger could both improve and better his game. Plus he wouldn't cost much as his contract expires next year and West ham have even said themselves that they need the money. I'm not convinced that bringing Maniche would solve a possible Vieira departure.

weelip

but what about Michael Carrick?

Nah....if Wenger is interested in him, he would have bought him long ago. He is probably only suited to middle placing epl teams like probably carlton, middlesbrough, and maybe even bolton.

I will be satisfied with Xabi Alonso though. Though we would have to take note of the height we will be losing. We will be losing someone who can head and defend corner.

AFCG7

Established Member
We were consistently linked with Carrick when the Hammers were still in the premiership.. i was wondering when his name would be resurrected again.. he will be cheap ..around 3 million or so, and i would have though Wenger would stil consider him.. but with Flamini signing i think all hope is gone for him now.. Carrick would probably have been a replacement for Ray , not for Vieira

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
If the source was a little credible then I would be excited about the prospect of Xabi becoming an Arsenal player. Its strange how Xabi hasn't been linked with us much. According to the Evening Standard Maniche is Wenger's top target followed by Ruben Baraja.

Arnie

yeah i was coming on here as well to talk about liverpool and xabi. it's not just tribal bull it was in the echo. they also want wright-phillips despite the denials from city!!

patrick42uk

Established Member
its also on skysportsnews. sociadad would sell for 10 million apparantly. i'd take him over carrick anyday. i would have been dissapointed by liverpool signing him, but not signing him means cesc has a better chance of progressing. so good luck to xabi if he goes to liverpool.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is a geat player, and if the inevitable happens he would be the ideal choice next to Ballack and Gerrard (both unavailable), and Emerson (recently moved to Juventus). I really don't rate Manich, as he is already 26 he has very little room for improvement, as he is entering his peak. With Xabi though we can mould him however we want him to become.

patrick42uk

Established Member
real sociadad confirm they have received a bid for xabi alonso from liverpool.

the positive from this is that we will be watching a very exciting player weekly, albeit with another team.

n_henry

patrick42uk said:
real sociadad confirm they have received a bid for xabi alonso from liverpool.

the positive from this is that we will be watching a very exciting player weekly, albeit with another team.

Liverpool look to be doing MUCH better under Rafa. Why didn't they get rid of Houllier earlier? :lol:

Oh, I hope he comes to us... I almost want Paddy to go just so we can snatch him. Almost. ;)

kel varnsen

Established Member
n_henry said:
Split said:
reports are indicating the liverpool are going to sign him for 12mil

12 mil only? Move in now Arsène!

i disagree; xabi was awful last season, but he is talanted...

hm, i don't know.. 12 mill is a lot of money!

n_henry

kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

Awful last season? Are we thinking about the same player? :shock:

This guy seems to be most people's (realistic) first choice to replace Paddy... :?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
n_henry said:
kel varnsen said:
n_henry said:
Split said:

Awful last season? Are we thinking about the same player? :shock:

This guy seems to be most people's (realistic) first choice to replace Paddy... :?
That's what I think. Maybe he's confusing this guy with Xavi from Barcelona.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Xabi's an exceptional player but Its obvious Wenger's already got someone alined up if Vieira departs and its not Xabi. I have 100% faith in Wenger. A central midfield pairing of Xabi and Gerrard is tasty. Liverpool now just need a right sided midfielder and a centre back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom